Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Got my surgery Date - December bandster

Well it's a hard decision but just tell him that it's between you two, if hes against that well, tell him that it's a good way because later you would have a lot of problems and remember that if you wait to talk, when you do it he would notice that you didn't tell fromthe begining and there would be a problem.

Well it's a hard decision but just tell him that it's between you two, if hes against that well, tell him that it's a good way because later you would have a lot of problems and remember that if you wait to talk, when you do it he would notice that you didn't tell fromthe begining and there would be a problem.

Well, its over and I made it!! I couldnt eat anything but turkey cause i am on the 2 week liquid diet. Dietician said turkey would be okay. Anyway things are still tough with the liquid diet, i find myself a little cranky and bitchy but better by the day. I have not lost anymore weight since the first 7 I guess thats normal and if I can keep that off then we are that much ahead. Just dealing now with the emotional issues I have with food and that is a little overwhelming, hubby says better to deal with it now than after sx and I think he is right. I am beginning to see the difference between this and every other diet/plan I have ever done. It was me, this time I am forced to deal with the emotional connection/addiction I have with food I would have argued with anyone that told me I had any emotional connection or would cry over the loss of food, I did cry and am sure I will again but I know if I deal with this I will NEVER be fat again and I can teach my children healthy habits this decision had certainly made me do some soal serching I didnt evan know I needed to do! Go luck to all.

Julie

I will be having my surgery on Friday, December 22nd! :girl_hug:

Now I just have to tell my family. They won't be nearly as happy to hear this as all of you will be. I'm excited, but nervous too. So much for Christmas dinner... hehe. Turkey broth it is!! :hungry:

is you doctor putting you on a liquid pre opt diet because mine is not but everyone else I talk with they're doctor is having them to start a liquid diet before the surgery to losen the liver. what about everyone else?

the liquid diet shrinks the size of the liver making the surgery easy to preform... and in turn less risk for you. BUT there are plenty of other people that Ive seen on here who did not have to do the pre-diet. It depends on your doctor.

But as said before time flies by and before we know it we'll all be back on here posting our before and after pics.

:humble:

What a great inspiration. I've not yet read someone's post that has said that but I can see how that would be a reality for many.

Aside from the medical reasons to go on the liquid diet I also think it has helped prepare me for the sx mentally as well as the "life after". It has been difficult but I feel truly empowered after the first 5 days and expect the remaining will be evan more enlightning!! Good luck to all of us. BTW another great side effect of the liquid diet is the 9# ive lost in 5 days, WOW!!

It is amazing how as I read this thread all of you are putting my thoughts into words. The worry, excitment, and questions. I go to see my surgeon tomorrow. I spend the first 1/2 hour in a learning center, I suppose to get info and answer question. Then an hour scheduled with the Nurse practitioner and the last half hour with the surgeon. I have been writing questions as I read the post and literature online.

Then the following day 11/28 I start the liquid diet for 2 weeks. A specific amount of Liquid Protein, SF Jello, broth, and SF popsicles as wanted. And of course the Water. When I get done with that it will be surgery day...12/12.

I did fine with Thanksgiving. Ate sensibly and trying to integrate "mindful eating" into every meal and my attitude.

Thanks for all the wonderful words of wisdom, hope and encouragement.

I am so excited for us! I am bummed that we have 2 December Surgery threads. Twice as much to keep up with, and I feel like I'm repeating myself.

ANYHOW, I have started my own liquid/high Protein diet today. I go in on Friday to meet with the Nutritionist and to have my surgery orientation. I think it's 4 hours long! I figure if I can lose 10 pounds on my own prior to going on the physician's diet, I'm ahead of the game.

After much internal debate (and 2 glasses of wine) I decided to tell my Dad about my surgery and ask him for help. I haven't told my Mom or my Sister as they are size 6 and 8 respectively, and have always been hypercritical and negative about my size and everything I put into my mouth. My Dad was so kind and supportive, I ended up crying on his shoulder. (It's also my time of the month...) He is going to take me to the hospital and bring me home the next day, and said he will help me any way he can. After our touching moment he said, "Are you getting the Star Jones treatment?" All I could do was laugh. I love that man so much!

So now I'm less nervous, more excited and entirely too anxious for these 18 days to pass! Come oooooooooon December 14!!!

Nathalie

((((Nathalie))))

I am so happy to hear about yor moment of truth with your Dad! He sounds like a pretty great guy. I empathize with the feelings about your Mom and sister. I have a similair situation in that my mom is a size 2/4 and always has been. She has never understood where she got the "big" daughter. It has been hard for my entire life. She loves me and we are like best friends but I know she is embarassed of my size. I had been a normal kid but in her eyes I was fat and she started me on diets around puberty. She would drop me off at Diet Workshop or Weight Watchers at 13 years old to sit with a bunch of "old" women (my age now:) ) talk about cottage cheese and starving. Diets in those days were not about healthy balanced eating. It was deprivation! I think what happened then set me up for a lifetime of yo yo dieting which has led me to where I am today. I have taken responsibility for the food I put in my mouth...but I know that the root of all this food evil is from my childhood. I am sure this is not a new story for many of us.

I am so excited to finally be the positive physical role model for my kids. I have been so concious of my pre-puberty daughter and trying to help her not have the body issues I had. She is a normal average size (looking back I was too) and she has such a great self esteem. She is aware of the importance of healthy foods to make her body grow and brain stay strong, exercise for the point of feeling good...all these things I never learned. I am proud that I have broken a potentially nasty cycle. Now I look forward to doing it for myself too!

I am sorry I took off on this tangent..I just shared some of your feelings Nathalie and had to share.

Hey Moderators - how can we combine the 2 december threads?

I can't keep up!

Everyone is doing great and we'll all get through this pre-op stage and in January we can talk about our PB's LOL Seriously tho don't you think we have the best month? Only because with all the hustle and bustle of the holidays the time will go so much faster for us? And we'll be so much thinner by summer! Woohoo!

Great idea I hope the moniters can do this. Also, I would like to thanks all of you for helping me through the first week of the liquid diet, I MADE IT my surgery is a week away and I feel soooo ready! Still a little scared but after this week I am sure I can do anything. Ive read so many times on this board that the liquid diet is the hardest part and if thats true than the hardest part is easy for me now. Dont get me wrong I cant wait for solids but I know I can do this now. Good luck to all and thanks again for all the kind words and encouragment (i suck at spelling sry). For those december bandsters starting the liquid phase hang in there it gets better!

KayDotrn.....I totally know what you mean about being a positive role model for your kids. Right now I barely have the energy to even play with them. I look forward to the time when I can get on the floor and play and be able to get back up! I also thought I was fat as a teenager.....yet when I look back on pictures I was of normal weight.....so how did we get that message....why did we think we were fat???? It is so bizairre and sad!!! We really need to teach our kids to appreciate their bodies no matter what they look like and focus on the positives....I just pray that my girls don't fall into that horrible pattern! I wonder if I was taught to appreciate my body and love how it looked if I would not have gained weight over the years....interesting thought

I know what you mean Dawn. I was looking at my year book from high school, and I was not really that over weight. I was fairly normal teenager. I just didnt feel good about myself, and like you said... it just ballooned from there, and now here I am.

Anytime I have the opportunity to work with children... I always try to pass that wisdom on to them. They are normal beautiful and to enjoy life. If I had just broken out of my shy, ackward shell then... things would have been so much different in my life.

I am so frustrated right now. I am on a pre-op diet like much of us are. Well,my prob is that I have been dieting hardcore since may with weight watchers because my insurance company required me too. I have lost around 16 lbs doing that and now I have to do this pre-op diet to shrink my liver or whatever and they expect me to lose around 20 lbs before the 12th of Dec. which is my weigh in day and pre-op testing. I will have surgery on Dec. the 18th but only if I lose 20 lbs by the 12th will they operate. I feel like I will have to starve to lose the amount of weight required this quick and suggestions. Let me be clear, I am already approved my insurance company it is my surgeon office that is wanting more weight loss as they require it of all patients before surgery...

p.s why it has taken me so long to lose the 16lbs with ww was because I have been on doctor observed weight loss pills for 3 yrs and my body has had to adjust to life without the pills because with them, you never feel hungry so I was eating very little but I would never take them again due to heart prob I started having