Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December Bandsters

Does anyone know how much we are supposed to be able to eat at one time? I can't relate to the 1 cup or 3/4 of a cup. I guess I could put a lean cuisine in a cup and see how much fits in there. Last night I couldn't eat all of it though.

Can someone tell me what kinds of meals they eat for dinner that seems to be the correct amount? thank you!

Maybe we should just revive the general December bandsters thread? The monthly threads aren't generating much traffic and I think we're losing people as each new thread is posted.

Just my opinion. I'll follow wherever we are. :Banane43:

Do you suppose part of the problem is that we had surgery in December and that's probably the least busy month for banding. Who wants to be on clears over the holidays? I was on clears through xmas and full liquids during New Year. Not bright, but I wasn't willing to wait one day longer than necessary.

Does anyone know how much we are supposed to be able to eat at one time? I can't relate to the 1 cup or 3/4 of a cup. I guess I could put a lean cuisine in a cup and see how much fits in there. Last night I couldn't eat all of it though.

Can someone tell me what kinds of meals they eat for dinner that seems to be the correct amount? thank you!

Might want to try something. Do you like cottage cheese? Sit down with a tub of cottage cheese and see how much you can eat. If you can eat too much, it's time for a trip to the doc. If you have restriction and you can still eat too much it's time for fluoro so you can make sure nothing is stretched.

I abslolutely hate cottage cheese. There aren't many foods I hate and the two are cottage cheese and eggs. I really don't think I eat too much because I tried eating a South Beach meal last night with chicken and broccoli and I couldn't eat all of it. I ate about 3/4 of the chicken and a few bites of broccoli.

They are 260 calories for all of it. The chicken has a spaghetti type sauce on it. It's really good. I didn't put anything on the broccoli either, so I had less than 260 calories for dinner.< /p>

I used to be so hungry after a Lean Cuisine, but now I am full after one. So, I know I have more restriction than before. I could probably be a bit tighter, but I like being able to gulp my Water. If I got off my ass and did what I was supposed to, I know I'd see better results.

Life just gets in the way. Or, rather, I let it.

Hi everyone. I agree, I kept getting droped off with the new threads, but no biggy, I can find them eventually! I was plateaued for about a month as well and then whoosh, it came off. I am working with a trainer now, and that is kicking my butt! She is also helping me with healthy food choices. Need to update my ticker, I am down to 223! Whoo Hooo

Take care everyone.

Hello all! This is my very first time on this site as a user. Up until now I have always just read everyone elses comments. It is such a helpful place to come when you have concerns or just need to feel less isolated in your own little "lap band world."

Welcome!! We would love to get to know you, so keep on posting? When did you get your band?

I have been exercising like a mad woman and still not losing very well. I am going in to see the dr. today and talk about my very slow weight loss. I am eating right, and it should be coming off.

Hey Everyone! I see all is well. Is this where we are stay posting? I am doing good. Ready to beef up my exercising. This morning I worked outside for 2 hours, digging flowers, pulling weeds, all that fun stuff. It wore me out! This month I was to start exercising more. Thinking of joining the YMCA since I won't have mother's day out after May.

I don't have a clue if we are moving the Dec. banster thread or not.

I saw the dr. today and I am not very encouraged. He said it's calories in, calories, out. I am tired of eating so much protien and not enough fruits and vegetables. According to him, it doesn't really matter anyway, it's the calories that count.

He is going to do a resting metobolic test on Wed. and doesn't want me to exercise until after the test. So I guess I get the day off tomorrow.

Denise...

It will happen, one way or another it will happen. It looks like your doc is trying pretty hard to find the cause of all this. I know it's hard, just give it some time.

Its been a few months since I posted. Just thought I would chime in and say HELLO! Hope everyone is well. I am. I am down just over 35 pounds and ...... ok ....... with that. Its hard cause most of us are looking for the overnight answer and this is not it. I am trying my best to be satisfied with the 6 pounds a month but do get frustrated at times. I have decided to buy a "cardio" machine. Probably a elliptical. I am finally willing to accept the fact that I HAVE to exercise. I am willing to give it a go now. I am having my 4th fill next week and looking forward to that. I am finding just a little restriction. Does anyone else notice good restriction right after a fill and then it gradually goes away? I am hoping one of these fills will be the one that last for months. Good luck all and take care.

I did that I would get a fill and it will be real tight, then get loose. But the last fill I got was too tight and it was horrible, it didn't get loose, I finally had to go for a slight unfill and it made a world of difference. So I think when you finally find a comfortable spot it will stay awhile. That is just my opinion, it may not happen for everyone.

Hey There All, Its been a while since I've been here. I hope all of you are doing well. Me, Not so good. Having a really hard time with this weight loss. I dont get too much time for excercise, although I really enjoy it, and have been getting pretty good. 29 minutes on an elliptical machine. BUrns 300 calories. Not too shabby when you think about how many calories you consume every day. But I stopped counting, and started doing things like eating Cookies and milk. So weight loss is slow, but I'm tying to get back on track. Just Had my 3rd fill Now I'm at 1.75. Feeling a little embarrassed that the last fill was not enough. I dont know. I guess I'll see how it goes for now.

NN32