Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December Bandsters

Can't wait for my first fill either VABandster! I'm easily getting in 1000 cal. per day, everything goes down without a problem. Though I get a feeling of being full, I get hungry again about every 3 hours! I guess this is normal?

Carebear...yes, I think it is normal...some people even gain weight before their first fill....but I'm desprately trying NOT to be one of those people!!

When is your first fill??

VA - I'll let you know if I get a fill. I think I'll call tomorrow. I'm eating too much! I still feel full after I eat just a little - probably about a cup of food but find that I can eat more if I want and I just feel like crap after. Last night nearly killed myself at a friends house for dinner. She made crawfish and corn chowder and I fried fish. I love seafood and I ate way too much. I didn't puke - haven't yet since surgery - but I felt so uncomfortable. Had to alternate laying down and walking around. I felt a pain/pressure in my chest and my back even started to hurt. Won't be doing that again. I told my DH to serve my plate when we go out and not to let me take another bite... I also have been drinking with my food - mainly because I was never really on a liquid phase and have worried about getting stuck while I'm healing but I have been getting better at leaving the glass in the kitchen. So yes, I need a fill - I think that will help!

Hi Scorpio----I was just thinking . . . maybe your body just isn't liking the beef and stuff or having a problem handling it right now. What if you tried going back to mushies or pre-mushies like egg beaters, cottage cheese, refried Beans and yogurt. Just an idea. My doc said even if you're not hungry you should eat some protein--especially in the morning since you haven't had anything to eat all night. What about some yogurt with some extra Protein Powder added? I hope things start going better for you.

I just wanted to stop by and say "I am with band"!!

I also had a question. Does anyone know about legal rights and the band regarding eating out. I found this post.

"I was talking with my nurse cooridinator who also happens to have had weight loss surgery and she mentioned the American Disabilities Act and weight loss surgery does fall under that act. You might want to push it with them and see what they say."

Does anyone know a lawyer or are you a lawyer that can answer our question?

HOpe you all are doing great! I am! Audree<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

Baby got back glad u are banded and okay

I too can not wait for a fill the last two days since tom came to town have been horriable

kay- i am a tummy sleeper with little or no pain most nights

I can not wait to have lost all this excess weight and wear a bikini to the Bahamas okay now I am dreaming so I will go to bed

oh and about the Protein Drinks I like the Walmart 15 dollar can it is 2 lbs but be advised it is not sugar free but my doc approved it so I would ask before buying it

oh and I tried my first soft food today a few fries baked and real soft went down fine I move to soft foods on the 15 th but was told to try them before hand see ya

AUDREE! Congratulations! I am so happy for you! The delay had to suck, but I'm glad the time passed and you're now "one of us." How do you like it so far?

Sorry I don't know anything about legal rights and eating out. What kind of problem are you having?

Nathalie

Hello all,

I don't know if anyone ever read any of Dr. Atkins' books. I was an Atkins dieter all my life. I have read how some of you are feeling hungry. According to Dr. Atkins, when carbs are processed through our body, it causes the hunger pains. My dr. wants us on 70% and 30% fruits and veggies after we get to the eating stage. He says that is 4 ever! He doesn't recommend eating carbs such as potatos, etc. I know when I did Atkins, as soon as I ate potatos or some other carb, I did feel hungry right after. A lot is being said these days about good carbs and bad carbs and it makes sense. The gylicemic (sp ?) index thing that everyone is talking about makes a lot of sense too. I am going crazy drinking liquids because I am sick of them, but my stomach really doesn't growl. It's more in my head that wants to eat, rather than I am actually hungry. I hope I don't come off as sounding preachy, because I certainly don't mean to. I know for me, it's practically impossible to lose when I eat carbs. That's why I did lap band. I had lost a bunch of weight doing Atkins, but then I started eating those dreaded carbs again and started gaining and gaining. I really hope once I get to the eating stage, I can follow my dr.'s rules and stay away from carbs. They just make me want to eat more carbs.

Hope everyone had a good weekend!

Thanks for posting those Protein drinks. I have finally started using my blender, but I am sure I will still do more Protein Drinks than anything else. I am so lazy.

I have felt that uncomfortable, almost painful pressure a couple of times I have over eaten, I wish it would stick in my brain and prevent it from happening again.

VA - I'll let you know if I get a fill. I think I'll call tomorrow. I'm eating too much! I still feel full after I eat just a little - probably about a cup of food but find that I can eat more if I want and I just feel like crap after. Last night nearly killed myself at a friends house for dinner. She made crawfish and corn chowder and I fried fish. I love seafood and I ate way too much. I didn't puke - haven't yet since surgery - but I felt so uncomfortable. Had to alternate laying down and walking around. I felt a pain/pressure in my chest and my back even started to hurt. Won't be doing that again. I told my DH to serve my plate when we go out and not to let me take another bite... I also have been drinking with my food - mainly because I was never really on a liquid phase and have worried about getting stuck while I'm healing but I have been getting better at leaving the glass in the kitchen. So yes, I need a fill - I think that will help!

AUDREE! Congratulations! I am so happy for you! The delay had to suck, but I'm glad the time passed and you're now "one of us." How do you like it so far?

Sorry I don't know anything about legal rights and eating out. What kind of problem are you having?

Nathalie

Hi Nathalie!

I am loving it so far. I am getting the head hunger, thinking about food flavors and textures, even if my tummy feels full and swollen!

Oh, I just read that some people go to restaurants and the managers won't honor thier lap band card that says we can only eat a very small portion. They are supposed to let us order from the kids menu. I heard some people going to restaurants and the managers are rude and won't honor the card (what do we have to do, raise our shirts and show our scars).

I just want to be prepared for the day I go to a restaurant and I can speak with the manager and be informed. I had no idea we were covered by a disability act, or at least someone said we are. I'd like to make the information better known if we are.

Thanks!Audree

Maybe stay away from corn because it is carby? That would be my guess. I too haven't eaten tuna in years but have since had a couple of those lunch to go tuna thingy's.

G'day all :)

Sunday for most of you, Monday morning here (back to work) for me. At least it's only 5 hours a day, 5 days at the moment (due to a fractured knee)

Well GUESS WHAT? I started walking today, reading all your posts I was inspired by your enthusiasm. I was up at 5.30am YAWN and went for a 30 min walk around the local park. Every journey begins with the first step.I'm on the way.

okiefamily: You could be right about not eating enough calories, but I'm not sure I can eat anymore if I tried :( I still think my body is retaining fluids after the hospital stay :( My body is showing definate signs of weight loss, just not the scales.

NGAdams: Thanks for the idea about taking measurements. I'll get onto that tronight after work, coz I know for sure my body has changed shape and shrinking.

Skinnymon: LMAO @ craving runny, mushy chicken. I'm actually visualising and craving Tuna Mornay. And ya know what? I would NEVER eat Tuna before the surgery, I have not eaten Tuna in about 5 years hahaa. I've been told to stay away from corn, is it the same for you folk?? and can anyone tell me why?? How am I gonna have a Tuna Mornay without corn??

KayDotRn: CONGRATS on getting through the Holiday Party Feast Time. A difficult time for sure, these things are sent to try us I'm sure. Thankfully due to my surgery, I've managed to stay away from parties and invites, leading the quiet life. However I will admit to having a few liquids shooters for the New Year Celebrations.

Happy New Year to all - Keep smiling - keep supporting each other thats why we are here :) CHEERS

So my day is done...house is clean, dog is fed, papers are graded and I want a drink. I'm staring at a well-stocked liquor cabinet and umpteen bottles of wine given to me as Christmas gifts. Ahhhh...for a red zin! Instead, I'll distract myself by telling you all my story before anything good comes on TV.

As I have mentioned before, I live in Seattle. I love the Pacific NW for all it has to offer in terms of the great outdoors! I grew up camping and playing outside all the time. I even spent about 7 years as a camp counselor during my college and beyond years. Seattle is great for food, nightlife, cultural activities, sports, Water activities and more. I love everything but the blasted rain right now- much more than usual. We had the wettest November EVER! And December is no better.

Despite loving Seattle, I left after four years of teaching in a Catholic school to teach 6th grade at an Americal school in Brasilia.

I absolutely loved the people I met there, but try being the fattest person on Rio's beaches! Still..., good times. After 3 years there I went to the other side of the world for two years in Istanbul. What an amazing part of the world! It was so rich in history and I left many good friends behind. I adopted my dog when she was a puppy living on the street outside my school. Her name is Siyah (black), hence the handle. She's a great companion and comes to school with me every day. Five years abroad was enough. I came home, bought a house and decided it was time to date.

My on-line adventure was fun. Despite being a big girl, I have a fair amount of confidence so dating was not a bad experience. I used to keep track of guys on a big white board in my office so when I was talking with them I wouldn't get confused. My friends would laugh at me. :(

I met my husband on Match and we married a year and a half later. No kids. Unfortunately, after 3 miscarriages I was diagnosed with a thyroid condition and learned that was the cause. Who'd have known? Sad, but now I have a new shot at a healthy life with the band. Our plan is for me to loose weight, making it easier to carry, and get pregnant in a year and a half to two years. I'll be pushing 40, so fingers crossed.

Now the house is on the market and we'll move to North Seattle to be closer to jobs. I'm back in a great Catholic school and hubby works at microsoft. All-in-all, life is good and hopefully getting better with the band. Now if only the scale would move again...

SO that's my tale. Thanks for reading (TMI???) :( Whew! Over the liquor craving and time for tea.

Jeri

I have been looking for December bandsters.... I was banded on 12/19/06. I just signed up a few days ago and I'm looking forward to going through this with others who may be going through the same thing. So far doing okay, but looking forward to my first fill on the 18th. I seem to eat more than what they say I should be eating, but nothing to what I use to eat.