Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December Bandsters

hey guys, hope all is well with all the new december bandsters!

my gas pains took exactly a week to go away. i just woke up on day 7 feeling wonderful.

i am 3 weeks out now and feeling good.

everyone doing well?

This forum and its separations are so strange. There are enough cliques and exclusions in real life without finding more on a "support" forum. I for one am so done with this website. When I graduated from high school, I finished with mean girls. I wish you all the best.

hey guys, hope all is well with all the new december bandsters! my gas pains took exactly a week to go away. i just woke up on day 7 feeling wonderful. i am 3 weeks out now and feeling good. everyone doing well?

I am about 2.5 weeks out and feeling great. I started mushies a bit before I was suppose to, but that stopped the hunger, so I do not regret it. Thanks for asking, Sweethot. ;)

Well it seems some people are not too happy. I don't really see what all the fuss is about. It seems some of the original december people have bonded and want to continue on this thread, and also to meet on another thread in order to continue to support each other. It all sounds fairly innocent to me. I don't think it was intended to hurt anyone and I definately don't think it was intended to be mean spirited. I hope that everyone can just see the big picture, and that is that we are all here for each other; no matter how many different threads we post on.

Now on to the real important stuff... I have eaten a little (lot) too much today. I am worried that I have no restriction. My doc recommeds 6-8 weeks before a fill, but I want one sooner. How are you all feeling about restriction, fills, etc. I would appreciate any feedback you have to offer.

Thanks and take care,

Victoria.

I definitely feel like I have no restriction. However, I'm waiting the 6 weeks as my doctor recommended because I read my op report and getting a fill too soon could pull the sutures.

Denise-- I agree. This is the hardest thing I've ever done. Your daughter had the surgery? How's she doing now? Great to have support! You'll get through it......we all will.

My daughter had gastric bypass a year ago 12-27. That's what made me decide to have lap band. I found out about it in her support group which I have been going to for over a year. She has lost 130 lbs. She had a lot more to lose than I did though. She was 315 at the day of surgery which was exactly 100 more than I was the day of surgery.

I wonder what is going on and why there is talk of some people moving to another group or thread. I have no clue what's going on. I thought we were all supporting each other so well.

I mixed my doctor's cream of chicken Soup with Campbells cream of chicken and milk and blended it and felt satisfied for the first time in a week. I am going to buy more Soups.

Hope you're all doing great this weekend. I think the weekends are easier. I don't like going to work while I am trying to do this.;)

I don't begrudge anyone the right to do their own thing but, since I didn't get an invite, I have to admit I feel a little left out... You know that same feeling I got in middle school because I was the FAT GIRL. Whatever though, I am here to stay and support the December Bandsters!

Love Ya'll

This forum and its separations are so strange. There are enough cliques and exclusions in real life without finding more on a "support" forum. I for one am so done with this website. When I graduated from high school, I finished with mean girls. I wish you all the best.

((jonandjem)))

Please don't feel that way! This is a great place for support and I for one would be lost without it. I post regularly on several threads and I think it helps to chat with people in all different phases of this journey. We can learn a lot and hopefully help those just beginning with our recently acquired knowledge! There are no mean intentions. I wish you all the best and hope you stick around.

I definitely feel like I have no restriction. However, I'm waiting the 6 weeks as my doctor recommended because I read my op report and getting a fill too soon could pull the sutures.

I feel the same way! I honestly think I could eat a cow but have to will myself no too. I hope that changes when I transition off of the liquid stage but I imagine there will be no real restriction until I have my first fill which I imagine will be no sooner that February. (how's that for a run on sentence)

;)

I am excited to hear the experience of the first fill recipient in this group. Anyone getting a fill soon?

RE: Restriction,

I only feel restriction if I screw up and eat a great big amount. I am scheduled for my first fill on 1/31 which is supposed to be 6 weeks post op but is actually 7 weeks ;)

Here is what I am wondering... checking out those calorie calculators says to maintain my weight I should eat 3000+ calories, so since I am eating <1500 I should lose weight, right.

I don't know if you guys have seen the www.calorie-count.com site but I think it is cool!

I would like to pat myself on the back for walking 1.5 miles today!!!

Hugs

Has anyone on soft foods tried the already cooked tuna or salmon filets that come in the packages like tuna fish? I am wondering if they are any good or if they are gross?

Hi December bandsters,

I found some great low carb, bariatric friendly recipes on two websites that you guys might like. One is BariatricEating.com and the other is BariatricBytes.com. Both sites have some wonderful recipes for everything from Protein shakes to real food.

Take care and Happy New Year!!!!

Denise, what kind of food does your doctor sell? Mine sold food that I had to be on for 5 weeks!

If you love THESE posts, scroll back a few pages, like KayDotRN suggested. There is a lot of good info back there. Lots of tips and tricks for getting through the liquid phase.

Thanks, now that it's the weekend, I will have time to look back through the posts. My dr. sells quite a bit of stuff - Isopure in many flavors, several flavors of Soups, several flavors of Protein shakes, the hot chocolate is really good (20 gram protein) and two different kinds of oatmeal. That's all I bought so far, but he has other stuff to. It's all expensive though. $10 for a box of 7 packetts. The Isopure is 4.00 which I read on here you can buy at GNC for 3.75. I don't have a GNC here. I did find a GNC section at one of the drug stores and found a Protein Drink banana flavored that has 50 grams. It's also 4.00 a can. It's good though.

I am excited that I have lost 9 lbs. It's the only thing good about this liquid stage. A friend that had lap band 5 years ago told me to mix Protein powder with orange juice and vanilla yogurt and 6 ice cubes and blend it up and it's supposed to be wonderful. I am going to try that.

Best Wishes to everyone for Sunday!;):):):)