Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December Bandsters

Nathalie, Sorry you had problems and SO glad you're doing better now!!!

Mel--I was banded 12-29 by Dr. Benavides. How are you feeling? Today I feel lke I have a golfball stuck in my chest, and I've tried antacids, gas medicine, and warm coffee to no avail. I think he's an excellent surgeon. He found a hiatal hernia and repaired that as well. I'm afraid to take pain pills for fear they will add to the feeling.

No plans for New Year this year. Happy New Year to everyone!!!

Butterfly

I had the golf ball feeling in the beginning too, I think it was gas, walking really helped.

Happy New Year!

Here's to all our success.

Kristin

no plans here we will watch the ball drop and I will cheer my husband with my Protein Shake ha ha ha

mel - i too was losing weight real fast after surgery and could not eat very much either I am stuck now and only lost like 1 lb in the last wk

smith happy about your nsv

steph I personally don't think u are eating too much but not sure

I read something real upsetting on the main threads a few mins ago about the first fill and no one could tell they even had one this makes me sad I was hoping for some restriction heck i feel I have a little now guess I will just have to wait and see

oh steph about those low cut jeans I would never do the low ones but have worn the ones right under my belly button and i agree they make me look fatter but I got so used to them i can't pull the others up i feel like I am wearing a bra he he

my kids still want come near mama 's tummy they are like she has boo boo;s and they tell everyone my mom in law hugged me on christmas eve and my littlest man said granny don't hurt mommys tummy she got boo boo' s and then he said goodness people are crazy

that reminded me of tlc life moments how your kids do like u do so funny

well in case I am not back before next yr se yall skinny ladies in the new yr

I am jealous of everyone who says they are not hungry. I am hungry all the time! I got banded 3 days ago and I have lost 3 lbs. I don't know how it's going to be possible to stick with a Liquid Protein diet for 4 weeks if I am this hungry all the time. Anyone have any suggestions?

thank you!

Denise

hi, im new hear

I was banded December 29th and i was wondering how long does it take for people to start feeling somewhat normal again. I have to start working again January 8th and im afraid that im going to have to go to work with pain and discomfort

I just want to wish all my fellow December bandsters a Happy New Year.

Thankfully, when the ball drops this year I won't have to look on the past year and become depressed because I didn't lose weight. Instead, I can look ahead and know I will be successful this year. It's exciting.

I'm staying in because I just don't want to be tempted by food and alcohol this soon after surgery.

Hi everyone - just wanted to introduce myself. I was banded on December 27th and have felt pretty good since the surgery. I did have that "golf ball" feeling in my throat and some chest pains but they both seemed to get much better today. Perhaps they were related?

Anyhoo, I started "phase 2" of my liquid diet (recommended by doctor) and had some cream of wheat for Breakfast (very runny). Wow - couldn't believe how much I would enjoy runny cream of wheat... It was like being in heaven :angel:.

I think the only thing I didn't like was not being able to lift my 9 month old baby girl :baby: . I had my husband pick her up for me and put her on my right knee but I could only hold her briefly...

Every day I feel better and better though. I

I'm looking forward to my weight loss so I will feel comfortable enough to play with my daughter on the floor for extended periods of time and to be able to play outside with her next summer in the Texas heat without having to run back in to the air conditioning every 10 minutes.

I'm so thankful I have my band and this great forum.

Kathleen

kkleslie- welcome and congrats on your lap band. You and your daughter will have a wonderful life together. Good for you!

Free to be just me- I felt good after a few days. Just make sure you are getting vitamins-I didn't and I think I got a little run down. Everyone is different, but I think you will just fine by the 8th (unless you operate a jackhammer or something like that.) Happy New Year!

Denise822-I find that when I am really hungry I have something hot. Also, they say Protein helps to curb our appetites. I hope your body adjusts soon. Take Care.

I am so excited for a new year....it always reminds me that it is a new begining. A chance to wipe the slate clean. We are going to have such a great year! Congrats everyone!xoxo

:woot: :o:) :party:

Happy New Year!!!!

Best wishes for a healthy New Year! I know this year brings great things for us all!!! Love you all! Thanks for being such a great support network.

kkleslie- I am taking a childrens chewable that I got from the health food store. I doubled the dosage considering my weight. I don't know if that is a medically sound strategy but so far so good. They are called 'Progressive Vitamins and Minerals for Children.'

Happy New Year All - staying in tonight too. Went out to lunch for the first time and had a cup of Soup and a few bites of chicken - felt like i overdid it and then had shrimp and potatoes tonight and felt like i overdid it again. I haven't gotten sick or anything but just feel tight in my pouch. I have been taking Viactiv Multi Vitamins. Bought them at Wal-mart and they are a chocolate cherry chew - delicious. I just let it melt in my mouth - usually have it for dessert. Will probably by more of just the calcuim ones next time I go - for extra calcium!

Happy New Year Bandsters!

Nat - I didn't think you'd starve yourself on purpose sweetie - just giving you the old mom talk - eat your vegetables and all that stuff. I forgot your doctor has you on packaged food right? Is it still liquids? I had my appetite back the 2nd week, I wish I had felt more restriction. Anyway I'm glad you're resting and feeling better.

I went to my 2 parties last night. The first on had a ton of food! I ate some bean dip with a crackers, a sliver of lasagna, which was about 2 normal bites - I made it last longer and didn't finish it, about 3-5 shrimp and then crab legs. I ate a bunch of crab legs but they are so much work that I think the food definitely has time going down. I didn't feel stuffed at all - and then I had a half of a slice of custard pie, it probably had as much sugar as some of the rest of the Desserts but it felt healthy, I know the main ingredients are eggs and milk so thats how I rationalized it. At the 2nd party I didn't eat much, I think I may have had a couple crackers and dip. I tried to drink wine at the first party but it wasn't good so switched to Water. The next party I had a small glass of wine. I'm thinking I may have washed the food down faster then I would if i was at home. I really focus on nothing to drink for at least 45 minutes after I've eaten. I've found the mushie/soft foods stay with me so much better then the liquids did - as long as I'm not flushing them down with Water. I'm only eating my 3 regular meals and a small snack before bed.

I don't remember who asked - and btw - WELCOME to december bandsters all you newbies!!! - anyway someone said they go back to work the 8th? I think you'll be feeling fine by then. I felt close to 100% by the end of the first week. Its 3 weeks out today for me and it feels like its been a couple months! I feel great! I actually don't feel like I even had surgery. If it weren't for me KNOWING I need to be feeling full, or not drinking ... I wouldn't even feel banded. I loved the first week when I felt restriction and I'm looking forward to my first fill.

Nat - just thought of something. Your doctor said he gave you some fill when he banded you right? I wonder if it was more then the normal amount. My dr said that manufactur recommends after the band is in place they fill it and then let it drain out until the band is lax. So everyone has a little bit of fill to start with - but you said your dr put some fill in right away so maybe he started you with a little more then normal. Could be why you aren't hungry and its hard to get all the fluids in. Just a thought.

kkleslie - I felt the same love for cream of wheat when I was in the liquids. It felt like I was actually eating something.

KarenAR - I sometimes have a "way" with words - I'm sorry. I hope to hear from you soon.

December Bandsters - Hope you all have a wonderful thin prosperous successful healthy banded New Year! Wishing all of God's greatest blessings upon you!

Help! I need to stop eating wheat thins. I am probably eating about 6 per day on my "liquid" phase. WTF! I made the mistake of having some at a Christmas party this Friday. I think I had two, broke each little wheat thin into 4 pieces, chewed it to liquid and swallowed. All has gone down fine. I am telling myself that plenty of people are eating mushies at 2 weeks out and these few crackers are not going to stretch out my pouch or make my band slip. Do I need to throw the box away? I just love to eat those few little crackers. They make me get through this otherwise horrendous liquid phase I am inuntil January 11th. UGH!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for listening to my desktop confession.

HAPPY NEW YEAR DecemberBandsters!!

BETH and KATHLEEN...welcome to the group! Its good to see you posting!

FREETOBE.....I was banded on the 15th and it took me about 10 days to feel 'normal' again. I can still feel the port area when I stand up, but its not really painful...just like a reminder its there. I was back at work 4 days after my surgery and it wasn't bad....I was actually pretty comfortable, as long as I didn't have to get up out of my chair too much! ;-)

KAY...don't worry about the wheat thins...as long as you are making sure they're VERY mushie before they go down, you'll be fine!! Its not the end of the world.

I am now in my 3rd week since banding, and ready for a FILL!!! I am thinking about food more and more and yesterday did some 'snacking' which is a BIG NO NO, I know......so I need some restriction!

I'll be curious to see how much you all get for your first fill!! I have the biggest band (The VG), so I'm hoping I get at least 3-4 ccs put in....we'll see!!

I hope you all have a relaxing first day of 2007!

bandiva-thanks for the advice on the vitamins! last night i was feeling kinda lousy but today I "drank" my Vitamins with my Breakfast and im feeling great. It only hurts when im getting into or out of bed.

if yall have anymore little known secrets (lol) let me know!

thanks again