Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

A thread for Single Bandsters

lol, Im proud of my stripper....I LOVE MUSCULAR GUYS! Its just someone I never thought I could get, ya kno? He's coming over tonight too

Thanks for the feedback everyone. I think there's enough of a mental attraction to go out again and Susan I think you're right - I'll know by the good night kiss if there is a spark.

So I ended up having to cancel my date last night. I've been sick with bronchitis and was just not feeling good yesterday so we had to postpone. I spent a quiet night lying on the couch and talking on the phone.

Oh- and Jodie - I think you're having more fun these days than all of us combined! You go girl! lol

Joan,

I am so sorry to hear about the stent and nitro but you have got to put yourself right before you go and get anything else going, because the band is a big change, some people do well from the beginning and some dont, they have complications, although I don't think most complications are that bad with the band. You are going to be all right, and I will pray for you.

Chrispy,

6 men? Are you crazy? No you are probably happy as heck, I know I would be. I went out with the one guy with the tats and piercings, but we didn't click, so that's okay, but I went out with someone I met through a dating service, and we did okay, I think I already told you about that, I will try to see him again. I also have another guy in the works, but I don't think I want to be more than friends with him, cause I work with his mom. So if things got bad, I would still have to see her everyday. That could be bad, although she is the one who is trying to fix us up.

Jodie,

You have fun, but be careful, I am sounding like your mother here, I know, but Listen to me girl! I envy you your stripper.

SuperG,

Hey how are you doing? I agree with your posts, as always.

Cascadian,

Welcome to the singles thread. We need more men on here. Just to get perspectives on different issues, right ladies?

Puddin,

I agree with you too on the athletic thing. I want to date guys who take care of themselves, because it is now a lifestyle issue for me all the way. I have spent a LOT of money and effort to lose weight and get into shape, so I want someone who wont derail all of my efforts.

Jdru and dibaby,

Hello, maybe I will have more to say later, but I got to get to the meat of my post before my parents come home.

Okay, so y'all know about the ice storm we had her in ok, tx, ks, etc. Well, my parents have rental properties in one of the towns hit hard by the ice. There are a lot of trees down and we went and helped my folks cut some of the fallen brances out. In the front yard, one of the HUGE branches hadn't falllen all of the way out of the tree, so we were using chainsaws and ropes to pulll this bad boy down. Weeeeelllllllll, some dumbass named Kristi wasn't far enough away, and the branch swung the wrong way, cause that is the way I was running, and it knocked me in the back into a concrete and rock retaining wall and smashed me underneath. I thought I was okay, I could walk and everything, but when I got over to the car, and took off my overhauls, yes I was wearing camoflaugeLOL, my leg was covered in blood, and my knee had been ripped open, down to the tibia, you could see the bone. It was really cool. So I had to go to the emergency room and get stitches, both of my legs are all bruised up and abrasions everywhere, my back is bruised where the limb hit me, and my elbow is swollen, I look like I have been in a bad carwreck. Anyway, I told you all of this just so I could whine about not being able to go to dance lessons with my friend on Wednesdays. I can barely walk. I am just so mad about the whole thing, it is driving me crazy. And I can't take a bath. Yuk!!

Kristi

I think I will make my challenge for the weight loss by Vday, I am 194 right now, my goal was 193 by 2-14, but I won't be exercising anytime soon. How is everyone else doing on the mini challenge? And what is going to be our next goal?

Omg Kristi, how scary! I am glad it wasn't worse. Take care of that leg, don't over do it to soon. Too much to soon can cause escalating problems like infection etc. (....just tell the nurse in me to shut up..lol),

but...WISHING YOU A SPEEDY RECOVERY.

Same ice storm maybe??. Two weeks ago, during that 4 day icer in OK, I was acutally visiting a friend in Durant. We were housebound for 2 days.

2pm...sitting in the living room in our pj's/robes.......we hear this HUGE crashing noise. We both jump up, run to the door. A (about 60-70 foot) huge tree in her neighbors yard had fallen....right on a passing minivan!!!!

We go running out there, a family of 4 in the car. The body of the car was totalled. It fell right on top of the car, by the grace of God, no one was hurt. I keep thinking, what if a tree branch had poked thru the glass, someone could have been killed.

It turned out ok, but it made for a scary, and exciting afternoon. We had the two kids in the house with us for about 2 hours during all the comotion. They had to cut the tree up before they could remove the car.

Ice is scary and dangerous.

Kristi, keep us posted.

OMG Kristi that is horrible! You poor thing!!! Make sure you get your rest so you can heal!

MissyC, yes, that was the same storm. Those areas look like disaster areas, don't they? My grandfather had surgery we had to move him to an assisted living homed during those icy days, and then last Saturday, he had a stroke and died. We buried him just a few days ago, so we hadn't made it Wagoner to pull those limbs out of the trees yet. It was my dads father. So we have had a rough 3 weeks anyway, then I got hurt. My dad and brother said the limb fell sideways, so it actually hit me at an angle, and threw me several feet, flipped me over a couple of times, and then landed on me. They all came running, so I hopped up real fast and said, " I'm okay. I'm okay." I almost started to go back to work, but I sat down to look at it first. Good thing I did, too. It was about 5 ot 6 inches across the area of the tibial tuberosity, and it was open up and down about 3 inches. My mom almost passed out. Sorry, mom.

Missy where do you live?

Kristi

Chrispy,

I think you may be being just a little to picky, myself. The way he dresses is something you could change by helping him pick out clothes, but if things went as well as you said, he deserves another chance. It sounds like you had a great time, but didn't like his style of clothes. That can change, but the personality won't.

~Joan~

Chrispy, I agree wtih Joan. Please give him another chance! He sounds really nice. My husband was the worse dresser ever before he met me! Now he is Mr. GQ... 6'4, 220 and looks mighty fine in the clothes I buy him.. yum! So glad I looked past the wrangler jeans and tennie shoes! UGH!!!!!!

Kristi,

Wow, what an injury! I know that had to hurt, if not immediately, then later.

Take care of that thing!

Kristi it sounds like you've been through a lot recently! I hope your leg is doing better...take care of yourself!!

Chrispygal, JDru, Puddin, KristiB,

I was really glad you guys understood where I was coming from.

Sounds like things in the dating game are heating up for some of you as the pounds come off! I can't wait to join in. :confused:

Kristi- Dang, how many stitches did you need??? Hope you got some good pain meds!

Chrispy- I always used to take my female best friend clothes-shopping with me- I had no taste. It took me a while to find a style that worked for me. Eventually, I had to step out on my own and override her wishes for me (black turtleneck sweaters and slacks were a little too La Femme Nikita after the 90s were over!).

A lot of guys THINK dressing well and looking good is effeminate, but a carrot-and-stick treatment from a hot lady is usually enough to turn them around. Just don't forget to "reward via the carrot" for it later! LOL! :)

Thanks Kristi,

I know what you went through was very painful! You need to be more careful girl!

Ok, this is what all happened over this past weekend. I had the angiogram and 2 stents placed into my right coronary artery Friday morning and spent the night in the hospital and was home by 10 am Saturday morning. All is good in the world, right? NOT!

I was talking to my daughter Saturday/Sunday morning around 1am. My right leg had been hurting for a while, but I didn't think much about it. Well, I felt of the upper part of my leg and there was a really hard knot there. So, I told my daughter I thought I was in trouble and hung up. I went and woke my mom up, she woke my dad up as I was getting dress and calling my doc. Anyway, I was holding pressure on the sheath insertion site, talking to the doc on the phone, and riding with my dad, who was driving like a maniac! I finally get to the hospital where they were expecting me. So, I got put out in the waiting room for about 30 minutes before they put me in a room. I continued to hold pressure on the site while I was sitting there. Finally, I got put in a room, but the nurse just put me in there and left. An hour later, my dad went and asked if maybe the doc should come look at me leg since it could still be bleeding. DUH!

The doc came in and told me he was going to order a sonogram on the artery that was obviously bleeding on the inside of my leg. I asked the doc if I could have something for the pain and he gave me 5mg of Vicodin! I told the nurse I was hoping for something that would make it stop hurting right then, not 45 minutes later! The sonogram showed it had been bleeding, but there were no clots etc in there. I cried during the sonogram because he was pressing down really hard. The sonogram guy went and told them that I was crying while he was doing it, so the gave me a pain shot of Dilaudid, if anyone knows what that is.

So, I have this huge bruise on my leg that goes down the inside of my leg almost to my knee that hurts really bad. I'm sure not as bad as Kristi's knees, but very painful. I went back to the doc today and had another sonogram and it's doing ok, but there is a hematoma that's about the size of a grapefruit up close to my groin.

I also have more bad news. The 2 stents he put in are treated with medicine, so I'm not going to be able to have my lapband surgery for at least a year! I can't be off of my Plavix and Aspirin for even 1 day for that year, much less the week my surgeon wants. I was devistated when he told me that. There's nothing I can do about it though. At least my heart is fixed.

~Joan~

Oh geez wootsie! You've had quite a few days! I'm sorry you won't be able to have the band for a year, but I think it's more important to get your heart fixed! Your band journey may be delayed, but you'll get there! Keep your chin up. :)

So I had date #2 tonight. Blue collar guy, stocky, bald, goatee. We had a great time. He was fun, easy to talk to and man, can he kiss. Did I mention he was a good kisser? lol

I have another date tomorrow night with guy #3, my date that I had to cancel on Saturday night. I'm looking forward to it. The other 3 guys have kind of quieted down for now, which is a good thing. There's not enough time in the day. lol. The best part - I have two offers for Valentine's Day night. Who would ever think?! lol.

So yes Cascadian, things are heating up for me and it's about time! Vavavavoom! lol