Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

water aerobics

I have been doing Aqua Zumba and Aqua Aerobics since August. I absolutely love it. It is so much fun especially the Aqua Zumba and both classes are full of real people. I have met so many nice people' date=' one who had WLS two weeks before me and we have become great friends. Wonderful support system.[/quote']

Aqua zumba sound like fun!!

Aqua Zumba is fun. There are many people in the class that can't swim. One took some lessons and can't keep her out of the pool now. She's there five days a week. Really toned her up.

I can't say enough about Water exercise. Those who try it will find it really is good for firming as well as weight loss and it takes all your pain away while you are in the water. I had 8 vertebrae fused in my spine and I don't think I would be walking without that type of exercise. I have a monitor I purchased at WW last year, you can actually use it in the water. I plan to use it after the surgery although I have to pay for the e-tools in order to use it, but when I reach goal weight the tools will be free because I am an old lifetime member. So instead of 20 ish it will only be 5.00. Good luck to all of you who try water exercise.

I have done it in the past prior to WLS and loved the classes. I just can't get there anymore as they cancelled the 5:30 am class and only offer a 8:30 one now :(

I am just in a "plain" Water aerobics class three days a week for 1 hour, and that costs $40 a month. When my husband deploys overseas, we get a free family YMCA membership. I checked the website and it looks like they have many classes every day, including Aqua Zumba and different levels of classes. I'm really looking forward to trying that...if I can do a lot of classes, maybe it will make the time go faster. :)

Thanks everyone. We did two hours today of Water aerobics. I cant do some of the exercises yet. I sure try though. I cant get them legs all the way up to top of water like I need to, but I am trying though. I also have alot of fun. I sure feel it working muscles that I didnt know I had.

Thanks everyone. We did two hours today of Water aerobics. I cant do some of the exercises yet. I sure try though. I cant get them legs all the way up to top of Water like I need to' date=' but I am trying though. I also have alot of fun. I sure feel it working muscles that I didnt know I had.[/quote']

I was told by my surgeon that water aerobics or swimming minimizes loose skin if done on a regular bases during the weight lost because it hydrates the skin but to use a good collagen moisturizer afterwards to improve elasticity.

My surgeon suggested swimming or Water aerobics also. He said its wonderful for the body. I plan on starting at my gym soon.

I was told by my surgeon that Water aerobics or swimming minimizes loose skin if done on a regular bases during the weight lost because it hydrates the skin but to use a good collagen moisturizer afterwards to improve elasticity.

Cannonball!!!! LOL. I was wondering whaf i could do to get rid of my bingo wings. Thanks for sharing.

Such good info here! I am happy to report that I bought a suit and will begin Water aerobics in our faculty fitness program at the university I work at when spring term starts. It's only $65 for the 10 weeks, and three weekly sessions that are an hour long. Seems quite reasonable! I can't wait!