Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Surgery Feb 4 - Tijuana

Thank you so much for all the information you have posted. I have been strongly considering OCC for myself.

Congratulations on your new life! I am so excited for you! You deserve this! :)

Thanks everyone for your well wishes and support!

Today, went back to OCC for a checkup. Much to my surprise, they removed my drain! They also did the barium swallow to check for leaks and all is well!

I am able to get liquids in just fine.

Overall, I would encourage anyone who is considering Mexico for surgery to do good research and talk to others about their experience. I have been impressed not only at the medical care, but the first-rate treatment at the Marriott.

Oh - I did gain 4.6 during the surgery period. I guess they say normal is 5-15 lbs. So, that is a good surprise and I will be able to get that gain off quickly.

Now, time for a power nap!!!

I have just recently seen people talking about the "drain"... It looked rather unsettling to me. How was it for you? Did it hurt to have it out? Wow, I am such a scaredie cat..lol..

The Dr had me take a deep breath in and let it out slowly. I did that a few times and it was out. No pain, I didnt feel a thing. Others complained that it was bothering while inside and it was a relief to have it out. It didnt bother me either way. I am just lucky I guess.

Maey

Ten days out from my VSG. Other than being tired, I feel pretty good. I've had some, um, loose bowel issues. (When you gotta go, you gotta go!).

Am half way through the full liquid diet and looking forward to eating soft-foods. The desire to eat is there, but I wouldn't say I have been "hungry". And I think the soft foods will help satisfy the desire to eat, give that full feeling maybe help with tiredness (and hopefully help the bowel issues).

Incisions are healing nicely. Overall, the only thing I would change is taking 2 weeks off work vs. just 1 week.

Ten days out from my VSG. Other than being tired' date=' I feel pretty good. I've had some, um, loose bowel issues. (When you gotta go, you gotta go!).

Am half way through the full liquid diet and looking forward to eating soft-foods. The desire to eat is there, but I wouldn't say I have been "hungry". And I think the soft foods will help satisfy the desire to eat, give that full feeling maybe help with tiredness (and hopefully help the bowel issues).

Incisions are healing nicely. Overall, the only thing I would change is taking 2 weeks off work vs. just 1 week.[/quote']

Gr8 information I will be sleeved 2/27 Dr Garcia

Thanks Hoosiergirl for the update. I will be in Tj and OCC on Tuesday. So all are very helpful tips!!

Fantastic updates! Thank you so much!!!!!

Wanted to update the folks planning to go to Tijuana for VSG surgery. If you are lurking, considering, researching - get serious, make a decision and give yourself this gift. Wish everyone could feel as good as I do. Wish everyone was off all their weight related medications. Wish everyone could be rid of back pain...knee pain...foot pain. I want everyone to be able to buy regular sized underpants for crying out loud!

It's been 7 months since my surgery...has it been easy? Not every day. But I don't feel hungry all the time like I did before surgery. Even when I have a "bad" eating day now, it's nothing compared to what I was eating on a "good" day before surgery. Yes, I have 21 pounds to goal and will lose it before the end of the year. But I wanted to tell anyone who is scared of the cost...travel...safety...results...failure...it is possible to succeed beyond your wildest dreams. I wish everyone the success I continue to experience. Hugs!