Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Tomorrow is the day

Well tomorrow is the big day. Can't say I'm excited exactly but I AM relieved that I am about to finally get it over with. The wait is part of the problem. Too much time to think about things and scare yourself.

I can say I'm extremely nervous.

Wish me luck.

Soo exciting!! Good luck!! :)

So excited for you!!! Good luck with the surgery and definitely let us all know how you are doing when you can! :)

My BIG day is tomorrow too!! Same feelings! And I'm all alone! Where are you having your surgery at?

You will all do fine!! I had mine last Tuesday..the first two days are terrible.. I was so mad i did the surgery...but by Friday i was feeling great..not regretting a second of it now!!! Take the pain meds even if you think you don't need them...trust me.they help!!!! And walk and walk and walk!

One more thing...if you are feeling nauseous..get a rubbing alcohol pad (the little packets nurses always have to clean your skin before a shot!) and put it on the bridge of your nose..the nurses did it for me and it took the nauseous feeling right away!!!

Well tomorrow is the big day. Can't say I'm excited exactly but I AM relieved that I am about to finally get it over with. The wait is part of the problem. Too much time to think about things and scare yourself.

I can say I'm extremely nervous.

Wish me luck.

Sending good luck your way. My big day is tomorrow as well. I have been feeling sick since I took my first set of antibiotics this afternoon. Did u have to take pills twice today as well?

Don't worry! I got sleeved last Monday and I've already dropped 11 pounds! It's not easy the first few days but its all worth it. Congrats! See u on the other side!

I am kinda mixed on my upcoming op as well but it is for our health and after exhausting other options. I wish you a speedy op and recovery and much success and health

Well wishes

Well I haven't spoken to my surgeon (Dr Christopherson in davenport Iowa btw to answer the question) but he spoke to my husband and said that everything went routine and I looked really healthy. I think I will get to talk to him tomorrow.

I was surprisingly calm on my way into surgery. I joked with my husband for an hour and a half until they made us part as I was wheeled into the operating room. The anesthesiologist gave me a big dose of a calming drug and told me it was in the same class as my xanax and valium and I recognized the effects albeit fifty times stronger. It wasn't long before he let me know that he was giving me the drug that would put me into a deep sleep. I distinctly remember, as it took effect and my eyes began to close, telling myself to relax and let it take me. I felt a sense of relief.

Of course that relief only lasted til I woke up in the recover room. I was in a lot of pain and just my luck the button wasn't yet hooked up and the nurses were busy as all get out because a few other surgeries (not all bariatric) finished at the same time. So I believe that I was in pain a lot longer than I should have been. Not EVERYTHING can go perfect.

I was taken to my room where I met the worried but loving faces of my husband and parents. In my haze of passing out repeatedly I eventually kicked my mother out because she was stressing me out getting angry and arguing with the nurses just doing their jobs.

Between that and my pain... Thus began a trend of high blood pressure. Which they later had to give me meds for.

At some point they gave me an anti inflammation med which did far more than morphine alone for my pain and I suddenly found myself much more grateful... When I found myself awake at all.

I had lots of interrupted sleep.

I go for an upper gi today and it seems as if they are keeping me one more night.

While I have had a lot of hesitation along the way about the surgery I can already say, despite the pain and discomfort, that I am glad I did it. I'm also surprised I did it. Lol my husband agrees... He also half expected me to back out and I don't blame him. With my really bad anxiety it is a miracle.

Now it seems I am going to pass out asleep again. Lol

Sent from my Note 10.1 using VST