Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sannah,

It's time to go to the hospital. Your kidneys could very well stop functioning if they are blocked by your stones. The likelihood that you will pass a 1/4 inch (6mm) stone is slim :(

I know the pain you're in and I can't imagine it going on this long.

What does your nephrologist say?

Is there any reason why he has not broken them up for you to pass them or why you're not getting them removed?

I only ask because I am very concerned about you.

:(

You're in my prayers!

-Lisa

My stones lodged in my ureter and blocked the flow from my right kidney.

I hope they will give you a scan soon to make sure your stones are not lodged.

You are in my thoughts!

Take care of yourself!

That's the same thing I was thinking Sannah, and is true for gallstones and kidney stones, if they block a ureter or bile duct you can end up with damage to other organs. Very intense pain may need attention. Keep an eye on your temp as well.

I really feel for you, I know from experience how bad it is, I used to cry my eyes out and spend time huddled in a ball trying to handle the pain.

I was sleeved October 30th my 1st surgery ever turned into 4 it was a nightmare from hell. I was discharged the evening of October 31st from the moment I was discharged until I had returned to the hospital on November 7th I was extremely weak and tired all the time I had no energy whatsoever if I had to go out I would have to use the motorized wheelchairs at the stores I couldn't stand for long without feeling lightheaded and dizzy. I didn't feel hungry at all so I wasn't eating or drinking much. As for pain I didn't have any pain at all that related to the leak my stomach was a little sore from surgery and that's all I felt from the surgery. I returned to the hospital finally on November 7th as I thought I was dehydrated the ER had done a cat scan which had shown a leak. I was admitted and rushed back into surgery the next morning which scared me to death and to find out I was the 1st sleeve leak in Massachusetts and the surgeon personally tells me they have been worried about a leak since last year when they first started sleeves. I stayed in the hospital for 9 long days being NPO and on TPN (IV Nutrition ) I went crazy and I was released on November 16th and had to go home with a visiting nurse to monitor my BP and Pulse and my drains. Well the drains were draining way to much so I returned back in the hospital November 19 and back into surgery in the morning on November 20th which the surgeon decided to put a stent in to bypass the stomach in hoping to seal the leak by having nothing touching the stomach area. When I woke up from surgery I just wanted to die I was extremely nauseous 1st time in my life and so for the next 3 days I was out of it I slept all day every day still felt just as bad as I was out of surgery I was on 3 different meds for being nauseous. I finally had gone home November 23rd and still felt the same at home constantly weak tired and no energy and constantly puking every time I ate from that damn stent I went back into surgery December 20th to remove the stent and the surgeon noticed there was still a leak so he cortarized it and I went home December 24th and been fine ever since that was my Xmas present from my surgeon I say. My doc says my case was abnormal as leaks are very painful but I never experienced any pain at all.

I was sleeved October 30th my 1st surgery ever turned into 4 it was a nightmare from hell. I was discharged the evening of October 31st from the moment I was discharged until I had returned to the hospital on November 7th I was extremely weak and tired all the time I had no energy whatsoever if I had to go out I would have to use the motorized wheelchairs at the stores I couldn't stand for long without feeling lightheaded and dizzy. I didn't feel hungry at all so I wasn't eating or drinking much. As for pain I didn't have any pain at all that related to the leak my stomach was a little sore from surgery and that's all I felt from the surgery. I returned to the hospital finally on November 7th as I thought I was dehydrated the ER had done a cat scan which had shown a leak. I was admitted and rushed back into surgery the next morning which scared me to death and to find out I was the 1st sleeve leak in Massachusetts and the surgeon personally tells me they have been worried about a leak since last year when they first started sleeves. I stayed in the hospital for 9 long days being NPO and on TPN (IV Nutrition ) I went crazy and I was released on November 16th and had to go home with a visiting nurse to monitor my BP and Pulse and my drains. Well the drains were draining way to much so I returned back in the hospital November 19 and back into surgery in the morning on November 20th which the surgeon decided to put a stent in to bypass the stomach in hoping to seal the leak by having nothing touching the stomach area. When I woke up from surgery I just wanted to die I was extremely nauseous 1st time in my life and so for the next 3 days I was out of it I slept all day every day still felt just as bad as I was out of surgery I was on 3 different meds for being nauseous. I finally had gone home November 23rd and still felt the same at home constantly weak tired and no energy and constantly puking every time I ate from that damn stent I went back into surgery December 20th to remove the stent and the surgeon noticed there was still a leak so he cortarized it and I went home December 24th and been fine ever since that was my Xmas present from my surgeon I say. My doc says my case was abnormal as leaks are very painful but I never experienced any pain at all.

Hello fellow leak survivor!!!

I hear you and feel all your pain!!! Stents are the just nasty and hard to endure. I hope to NEVER have them again!!! I had them for 6 weeks. Sounds like you completely understand what stents are like!!!

I am happy to hear that you experienced relief. How are you feeling today? Are you still nauseated? Are you losing weight like you hoped?

I am wishing you wellness!!!

Best,

Sannah

My stones lodged in my ureter and blocked the flow from my right kidney.

I hope they will give you a scan soon to make sure your stones are not lodged.

You are in my thoughts!

Take care of yourself!

Look at you!!! So happy and beautiful!! I can see the happiness and positivity radiating from your face. :) Congratulation on being at goal and being so happy!!! You're an inspiration.

Hi,

I hope this message finds you doing well.

My hubby called the nephrologist to make sure everything is normal. He suggested I go to the ER too. I am feeling stubborn and don't want to go. I am trying to get through this. Everything the doctor said would happen is occurring.

I feel a lot of fear. I can't imagine needing surgery or being hospitalized again. That idea is really scary. So if I can stay at home in pain and try to be comfortable I will. It is at times too much for me to cope with. I vomit from the pain and the dr said this can and does happen. I do not have a fever, if one developed I will go to the ER.

I am documenting input and output of fluids.

Thank you for caring and being here for me. I am so thankful! :). Soon I should be better. I feel nervous because of this pain. It brings a little anxiety after all I have been through.

Best,

Sannah

How are you doing? I know your a stubborn puss

But if you are not producing urine you need to go get looked at please.

Maybe you are at the hospital now???

Sannah,

I never ran fever and I was still able to urinate but I almost lost my right kidney.

I understand your fear but you must go get checked.

Please do this

:(

How are you doing? I know your a stubborn puss

But if you are not producing urine you need to go get looked at please.

Maybe you are at the hospital now???

Great minds think alike :)

At exactly the same time

Just wanted to say I was thinking of you dear.

Just wanted to say I was thinking of you dear.

Me too Sannah....not a day goes by I don't think of you.

Iggy...you little bombshell...looking good woman!!

Sannah this sounds awful but I hope you're at the hospital! Hoping they've made you more comfortable, love. I understand your fear of the hospital but you're husband can see more of your pain than we can. Please listen to him! Super hug from Indiana <3

Thinking of you!

I'm praying you are in good hands right now and moving towards the goal of pain free and healthy

Lots of love and hugs- Lisa

Hello,

Hi. Thank you for all your kind words and thinking of me. I am struggling with the pain. I saw my PCP and everything I am enduring is typical. I now have firm guidelines for when to go the ER.

-fever

-pain that isn't managed

-vomiting that isn't managed with medicine.

I have been asked to take oxycodone every four hours regularly. When it gets bad I should use Dalaudid. I take zofran and promethazine to keep my nausea and vomiting away/ and to keep my food down. I will use these medications until the UA results come back, they determine what kind of stones I have. After we know for sure what kind of stones I have then they can be treated. Until then I am learning about pain.

I am having a hard time with emotions. I feel so bummed and angry. Angry because that nasty surgeon knew about my kidney stones and never told me. I feel like formation of new stones could have been prevented, and not causing extra pain and suffering.

The pain comes and goes. I can't really pin point what helps other than medicine. I have to lay down when the pain is severe. The doctor said it can takes weeks to months for the stone/s to pass. How do people do this?

I know you guys think I should be in the hospital and I am sure my hubby agrees. I prefer to suffer at home. I did agree to seek medical intervention according to my doctors guidelines. I am also documenting my liquid input and output. I just can't imagine being hospitalized again.

I hope that you are having a good week!! :) thank you kindly for supporting me. I will surely keep you posted on any changes. I also promise I will follow the guidelines my pcp gave me.

Best,

Sannah