Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Just got approved! Having a serious talk with myself..

Just got the call that I'm approved and I found myself having a little talk with myself. "You better not screw this up" "You better be serious about making this change" "You are doing this for you who cares what everyone else thinks".. I'm excited and nervous all at the same time.. just waiting for surgery date and pre op instructions now.. anyone else have this conversation with yourself before or did i accidentally pass the phych test and i'm really CRAZY? LOL :rolleyes:

Congrats & good luck!

Yup, all of my personalities chimed in. :blink::D

It sounds like you are talking sense to you. This is a serious move, a drastic move. Many of us have determined that it was the best move we've ever made. Some of us had major difficulties and regret doing it. Like all things in life, there is a risk. You must weigh out the risk of a lifetime of failed diets against the risk of major surgery. I am sure you have already considered these things.

Yes, you are doing this primarily for you. I also did it to be around longer for my loved ones and have more energy and life in me so I could serve them better.

I also thought it might be more fun to be slim...and I was right. B)

Here's my pics: http://www.verticalsleevetalk.com/topic/67006-gmanbat-and-wife-ba-pics/

YUP! I had the same conversation with myself. And sooooo happy I did and that I went through with it.

Best decision ever.

I like to say that they didn't do a lobotomy ( they should of, but they didn't) I still have the same ol'e tapes in my head and sometimes the same thoughts. It's good that you are being serious about this. The easy part is the first months after the surgery. I think the hardest part I think are coming up for me when all the "oh! don't you look great!" dies down and the "newness" wears off and your able to eat more then you have in the past. This is where the rubber meets the road. This is lifelong...and for good!

8 years ago one day before I was to have the gastric bypass insurance called and said they decline to pay for the surgery because I hadn't seen a dietician for 6 months. Well 8 years later I am going back to the same doctor and I am a self paying patient! I know I am making the right decision! Good Luck! I think we will both be alright. I am having my surgery on the 15th of February! We can do this! :)

good.. glad i'm not losing it.. really appreciate everyone support.. and yes I'm doing it for me and to offset the predicted genetics future that would be ahead of me if i don't do it. Everyone in my family is overweight with co-morbidities. I don't want to follow the same footsteps. and yeah being skinnier wouldn't hurt... "wink"..

Girl, I had the conversat with myself and husband but when you are so determine to change your life style that you can taste it then I way you will succeed, good luck and I wish you the best!

keep me posted on the surgery date :rolleyes:

Kari I am still pre op and I still have those conversations with myself. This morning I jump up from a deep sleep , saying to myself am I really doing this am I really having weight-loss surgery, am I ready for this. I was almost in a panic, til that little voice inside said yes yes your are and you are going to be better for it, so chill the heck out and get ready for work because you know you already gonna be late......lol Gotta love that little inner voice.

Kari I am still pre op and I still have those conversations with myself. This morning I jump up from a deep sleep , saying to myself am I really doing this am I really having weight-loss surgery, am I ready for this. I was almost in a panic, til that little voice inside said yes yes your are and you are going to be better for it, so chill the heck out and get ready for work because you know you already gonna be late......lol Gotta love that little inner voice.

That's exactly the convo me myself and I had when i hung up the phone from insurance ppl. I have never made this big of a decision in my life but it's time I did something big and positive and change the direction my life is going in. Can't keep doing what you've been doing expected to get something different in return... right? lol

That's exactly the convo me myself and I had when i hung up the phone from insurance ppl. I have never made this big of a decision in my life but it's time I did something big and positive and change the direction my life is going in. Can't keep doing what you've been doing expected to get something different in return... right? lol

Kari you are so right, when we decide to make a change, we gotta stick with it and go thru it. This is one of the biggest decisions I have had to make also basically on my own and I know I have made the right decision. I have a son 23 and he is not really feeling this sx, but I had to explain to him that this is gonna be better for me Healthwise. I think he is just upset because I am gonna look even more younger than him than I do now....lol Everybody thinks I am his sister when we are out somewhere together....lol or they think we dating....lol

Just got the call that I'm approved and I found myself having a little talk with myself. "You better not screw this up" "You better be serious about making this change" "You are doing this for you who cares what everyone else thinks".. I'm excited and nervous all at the same time.. just waiting for surgery date and pre op instructions now.. anyone else have this conversation with yourself before or did i accidentally pass the phych test and i'm really CRAZY? LOL :rolleyes:

Yes I did lol and good look I just got my surgery done this month on the 21 and I've lost 22 lbs and am so happy and doing just fine.I know you can do it to.

Thanks for all the replies it makes me better..yes I get told that my 24 yr old son looks like he could b my man too..hopefully it stays that way..lol