Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So this morning was day 7 for me, and so I ventured to pull out the scale. I weigh the same as surgery day...... The day after surgery I was +3 pounds which I know was from the fluids and stuff, and now I am back to my surgery day weight. Which is fine, I lost 20 pounds right before surgery and I just had a huge traumatic thing happen to my body so I'm not really flipping out or anything like that but I am sort of curious how common that is. I read so many posts of people talking about losing so much that first week due to not taking in much that I sort of expected SOMETHING today.

I go to the doctor tomorrow to get my drain out, and after that I will be feeling SO much better and I think it will come off easier when I have a little more range of movement and stuff.

I did not lose any significant weigh the first 10 days or so, then it started falling off. Once I was able to start eating more "normal" foods and getting more calories I really began to lose. Hang in there!!

Thanks.

I'm 2weeks out today and on my first week I had gained 10lbs from IV fluids and lost the 10lbs of fluids and 3lbs extra. But I did a lot of walking! I have to say I was kinda bummed, you would think living off fluids for a week you'd lose like 20lbs! I haven't weighed myself again yet. I'm not sure i will for a while. I don't want to be on the scale every other day or get depressed when I go through a stall. And if I weigh once a month in the beginning ill be less likely to notice the stalls and get discouraged. That's just my plan tho.

it sounds like a great plan. I'm staying of the scale for a while except tomorrow I can't help it because I am going to the doctor.

My surgery isn't until 2/25. But I've already decided I'm not going to obsess with the scale. Maybe every two weeks.

I was 19 plus lbs when I left the hospital give it some time

If it makes you feel any better, I have lost very slowly. 15lbs pre-op and only 18 since surgery which was 11/12/12! I hit stalls every other week. But I still wouldn't change my decision. I believe it will come off, with extra effort (more than what the average person seems to have to do). So hang in there