Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Feelings on Eating Fast Food (McDonald's) 7 weeks Post Op

OP. Have the snack wrap without the tortilla. You have plenty of feedback here to support your decision.

OP, I'd go for the snack wrap or a grilled chicken sandwich with the bun. It all depends on how much you're eating :) but as several have mentioned don't try anything on a field trip you haven't tried at home first (like lettuce) dumping on a field trip would be a nightmare! Good luck! Have fun! And tell us what you picked :)

EDIT: I meant WITHOUT the bun! Eeek, sorry :P

But then our threads on Rants and Raves get closed even if they are PC. We move to vets' date=' where we're not really able to discuss "vet rants" because the first two lines of our post can be seen before even clicking on the thread and THAT may offend somebody. I'm getting a little upset with the bias towards those of us "nazi's" that refuse to sugarcoat or the blatant favoritism showed to "newbies" that get their feelings hurt because they're told their behavior may cause a leak. I'll always be of the mindset- I'd rather hurt their feelings then have them deal with the hurt that comes with a leak.

And before anyone says it, yes I was a newbie once and that's why I came here during my 6 month pre-op qualification stage. To do my research and get the truth, without a sugar coated answer that forced people to tiptoe and walk on eggshells to tell me what I wanted/needed to know.[/quote']

Favoritism?? You see it differently than I do. Apparently you've forgotten what it was like the first couple months post op. Are you forgetting the head hunger, or even the emotional whirlwind even you experienced due to all that estrogen being dumped into your system?

I for one don't view it as favoritism, I see it as showing a bit of grace to people who are now experiencing what I went through just a few months ago.

I'm really sorry that you feel that you are being victimized here, but attacking the newbies simply is not an acceptable practice. You are welcome to post your opinion on anything appropriate to these forums as long as you can do so with at least a bit of tact & without attacking or assassinating the character of other members.

JKG, & Losing Weight:

I'm done watching you 2 fight over who gets the last word. This is the last word in your little spat. Drop it or be shown the door.

Personally, I sometimes find veering off the subject just as enlightening as the original post. Someone always learns something valuable from whatever is said... Be it on or off subject.

The OP question was well covered and plus we learned that some of the other edibles are consumed, but ARE NOT a norm to live by. Pretty simple and quite elementary and nothing negative needed to be said.

*rolls eyes* why do I feel like I'm back teaching jr high? ;-)

Favoritism?? You see it differently than I do. Apparently you've forgotten what it was like the first couple months post op. Are you forgetting the head hunger' date=' or even the emotional whirlwind even you experienced due to all that estrogen being dumped into your system?

I for one don't view it as favoritism, I see it as showing a bit of grace to people who are now experiencing what I went through just a few months ago.

I'm really sorry that you feel that you are being victimized here, but attacking the newbies simply is not an acceptable practice. You are welcome to post your opinion on anything appropriate to these forums as long as you can do so with at least a bit of tact & without attacking or assassinating the character of other members.[/quote']

No I haven't forgotten. My sleeve surgery was 11-19-2012, so I can easily remember the first few weeks and first couple of months because I'm still there. My emergency leak surgery was the beginning of December, I've only been home a month and eating less than that. I'm where these people are with head hunger and you'd better believe I'm there with my estrogen levels out of whack and I sympathize. But is it ok to cop an attitude if I chalk it up to estrogen? I didn't think so. And I don't go around attacking newbies but I DO get frustrated when ANYBODY throws an unwarranted tantrum because they aren't told what they want to hear in a pretty little package wrapped with a bow.

Does anyone know if I can have sugar free yogurt from sweet cece's? I'm 1 week post-op

OK now...quit playing with us :P

I am an extremely happy person who smiles a lot' date=' however, she did have a legitimate question, to which your first response was completely irrelevant.[/quote']

There, see, you got the joke :)

Knock it off people. The OP posted a legitimate question and is perfectly within her rights to request that her thread stay on topic so she can make a well informed decision based on her situation.

If you want to fight, argue, or make ridiculous comments, do it via pm or start your own thread in Rants and Raves.

I appreciate your support but I just want to point out that I am a male and do appreciate your support. Thank You.