Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Feelings on Eating Fast Food (McDonald's) 7 weeks Post Op

Im going to be going on a field trip with my school tomorrow and for the rest of the week and I was wondering if I would be able to eat a grilled chicken snack wrap without the wrap part and just eat the chicken, cheese, and lettuce? Help I want to call my nutritionist but I dont like calling the office cause they dont call back untill 5pm. Let me know what you guys think! Thanks in advance

[sharedmedia=trackers:tickers:5921]

If I were you I ould go to the McDonalds website and look at the nutritional guides for your possible choices. And then I suspect I would brown bag it. YMMV

Do they still have salads there too? I am not sure if you can have it or not but I had to see if your question was about having a Big Mac at 7 weeks which would be what I want to dream about right now...lol. Of course I know the answer to the Big Mac but one can dream......

Do they still have salads there too? I am not sure if you can have it or not but I had to see if your question was about having a Big Mac at 7 weeks which would be what I want to dream about right now...lol. Of course I know the answer to the Big Mac but one can dream......

no its not about a big mac its about eating a grilled chicken snack wrap.

If those things are allowed by your surgeon at this point, I would say it's fine- I just wouldn't make it a habit. Have fun on your field trip!

-Kendra

I have to add that there is a video on youtube of this guy who is like 5 days out from his surgery and he's eating a McD's southern fried chicken sandwich and french fries. Granted, he didn't eat much of it, but how stupid is that?

I had meetings just 4 weeks post-op & they supplied chicken wraps....that's exactly what I did...opened it & ate the meat & cheese! May not be ideal...but We have to be able to adjust to everyday situations! Good luck!

You should be fine eating the chicken and cheese. The tortilla and lettuce might cause you real grief. I'm not a super strict carb counter but you might be. If you're not, the yogurt parfait might be a nice carb splurge, and the oatmeal would be good for a nice Fiber boost (you're likely not getting much at seven weeks out).

Salads are hard for many people. I still cannot eat iceberg and I'm more than two years out. I can eat other greens but I'm not sure they offer those options at McD's.

Online menus are your friend. There is a balance to be learned as far as eating well but living a normal life is also important. Find the middle ground and do what works for you.

~Cheri

no its not about a big mac its about eating a grilled chicken snack wrap.

I know, I was not being serious just putting humor into my own bad thoughts. Sorry I could not answer your question but I did want to know if anyone does have the answer to it since one day I will be 7 weeks post op.

I was cleared for all foods by 7 weeks, so if you are, I think the wrap and skipping the wrap is an excellent plan.

I agree that fast food is not ideal, but life is real and sometimes that is what is available. Heck, I have even had the plain meat patty from McD once or twice - beats the heck out of alot of other choices. I have so far successfully navigated this journey by making the healthiest choice possible at the time and throwing in a few splurges here and there (but I NEVER go big on quantity) and that has worked really well for me.

I also choose salads, but just be sure there is enough meat on it. If you aren't already eating salads at home, I personally wouldn't experiment on a field trip....

I don't know how far you are but I am 4 months and I have had both. For the grilled wrap I took small bites and chewed very well. The salad wasn't bad to tolerate either. Just eat slowly and chew well.

You can order the grilled chicken snap wrap without the wrap, cheese, and lettuce. I've done this with grilled chicken sandwiches. I don't see why it would be "unhealthy" as it's just chicken breast. In a pinch, I've ordered a plain fish filet sandwich at Culver's - without the bun, cheese, lettuce, etc. Then I take off the breading. Too bad McDonald's doesn't have chili. Oh! And they have the yogurt parfait too! That would be a good choice (without the granola). And apple slices. :)

I agree that you should be fine with the wrap. Just eat the meat if you don't want the carbs. They'll also sell you just a piece if grilled chicken plain if you ask. Everything can be modified. Have a great time on the field trip!

I have to add that there is a video on youtube of this guy who is like 5 days out from his surgery and he's eating a McD's southern fried chicken sandwich and french fries. Granted, he didn't eat much of it, but how stupid is that?

What an idiot! How bad am I that I want to see ths video, though. How do I find it?

What an idiot! How bad am I that I want to see ths video, though. How do I find it?

I can't remember, but I was searching for post-op videos- let me see if I can find it and I will post the link. He had his surgery OUTPATIENT (crazy) and was "reporting" from his RV that he was staying in post-op. People were commenting that it was ridiculous, and he was defending it. LOL