Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

what is your favorite snack post op

Grandmother,

I did a little like that with chia chips, just use small enough amounts and during snack added or in meal times scheduled, also I small pick me up, but I know, I am unsure have I been grazing at all, I am at a point that I must include more Protein and meals are larger, I am allowed and maybe but feel like its maybe more not necessarily obssesive though.

Remember I think with sunflower seeds you don't want more than a tablespoon give or take with a meal as an added fat. never a handful or even half one.

I mostly use Nuts.com for oraganic and powedered stuff I can not get elsewhere and seeds, but its hard not to want to look around there, just don't buy any bad things.also they have grain flours and cooking grains I may be using in the future once added to recipes I have.

Stuff I get,

organic spirulina, turmeric, organic chia&flax seeds, energy squares, quinao, oraganic goji berries, organic maca, edamame, dulse flakes, no sugar Jams, wasabi peas, almond butter, and organic agave.

was getting Snacks pre op and wanted something, I entirely felt the same of adding one now.

That is really strange, everyone I know of eats oats/oatmeal

It's been almost three years, but I think I could start eating oatmeal when I went to soft food, the same week I could add a scrambled egg. I'd guess, without looking at my 'bariatric Bible' - it was week three. I don't eat them often, but I just looked and 1 serving is 5 gr of Protein, not quite what an egg has, but almost! I'm making some now, will be good on a chilly Dallas morning!!! ** I think everyone should adhere to what THEIR doctor says **

jk the good thing is its a good fat and i read they are very good for you with a lot of nutrients :) i only eat an ounce but there is a lot and it takes some time to eat them all thats why i feel like i am grazing because after an hour or two im still popping seeds. lol

I tasted a couple bits of TVP yesterday and it wasn't bad. Nice and crunchy. I bought it to rehydrate and add into meat dishes but now I'm thinking it might be a good snack (my doc allows one snack) to crunch on. And excellent Protein. Has anybody else eaten it dry?

What is tvp?

jk the good thing is its a good fat and i read they are very good for you with a lot of nutrients :) i only eat an ounce but there is a lot and it takes some time to eat them all thats why i feel like i am grazing because after an hour or two im still popping seeds. lol

They sent a gift of small box chocolates with my last order, I am still seeking some one to give it to, I should just toss it out in the trash.

I agree, sunflower seeds are a good fat source, nutritious and filling with limits, I used to consume them way differently in years past but added them as a fat source/desert to a extreme diet in mid 90's and found them great diet food as well. 1 oz. is about 130 or 160 cals, I have been considering also Pepitas but they seem to be more cals than that too, I hope to stay in control once I do get some.

What is tvp?

Tvp is total vegetable Protein. It's kinda crumbly like granola and picks up the flavor of what it's cooked with so you can rehydrate it in Water or broth then add it to meats to use less meat. I haven't cooked with it yet but here's the nutrition info

For 1/4 c dry tvp

80 cal

0 fat

7g carb

4g Fiber

12g protein

3G sugar

Great thank you, I had no clue!

Healthy Choice frozen Greek yogurt. I just tried the Ben & Jerry's Greek Peanut Butter and banana, too, and it was AMAZING.

I have to try that frozen yogurt! It looks good for a treat watching my evening tv shows!

My favorite go to snack is caprese "salad."

5 mini mozzarella balls- fresh mozzarella in Water is the best!

5 cherry tomatoes

fresh basil- few leaves

drizzle of olive oil

drizzle of balsamic vinegar

Calories: 158

Protein: 10g

Carbs: 5g

It is DELICIOUS!!!!!!

Now you're talking! Sounds wonderful!!

where on here did someone post about adding pudding mix to greek yogart, i tried that and it is a thick mess. gross. did i do something wrong?. and i had to leave the Jerky alone to much salt

OMG found a new snack. baked kale, sooooooooooooooo dang good and healthy and low in cals try it

where on here did someone post about adding pudding mix to greek yogart' date=' i tried that and it is a thick mess. gross. did i do something wrong?. and i had to leave the Jerky alone to much salt[/quote']

My nut told me to stir in sf Jello powder... Haven't heard about pudding mix

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh that explains why it came out so thick lol