Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm getting Sleeved Monday the 25th.. its my first surgery and im starting to get nervous

It will be over and done with before you know it! it was my second surgery, but I still got really scared. I finally started to calm down when they put my IV in, and the bartender gave me my cocktail! Lol. Just know that there will be pain and discomfort afterward due to the gas that they pump you up with, but it does get better each day. Just do the breathing the want you to do, and walk as much as possible. That will help get the gas out! You will be just fine! These folks do it over and over again everyday so you can rest assured they know what their doing.

Anyone sleeved 2-19 still in a lot of pain

Yep still have some pain. Mostly in my back and the incision on my right side. Lots of gas still. Water doesn't go down well but I can get back Protein shakes down and yogurt. I can't wait until I'm all healed up. Good luck everyone.

It will be over and done with before you know it! it was my second surgery, but I still got really scared. I finally started to calm down when they put my IV in, and the bartender gave me my cocktail! Lol. Just know that there will be pain and discomfort afterward due to the gas that they pump you up with, but it does get better each day. Just do the breathing the want you to do, and walk as much as possible. That will help get the gas out! You will be just fine! These folks do it over and over again everyday so you can rest assured they know what their doing.

Im trying to calm myself down lol. Im so worried i wont have anything ready for when i come home. I have a cabinent full of cream Soups and a fridge full of Jello and yogurt. i dont know what i should have Right after i get out of surgery tho.

Hi All - scheduled for surgery on Feb 25th. So nervous, it doesn't help that that the tech that drew up my labs for surgery this morning asked me why I would be getting a sleeve. That I was not "that fat" and he thought I was beautiful as is. Well I burst into tears the minute I walked out of the hospital.. I am scared I am not doing the right thing, maybe I haven't tried hard enough. But the truth is I have been battling obeisty since I was little. I have "bigger" bones so I do "hide" my weight well. I have three young kids am I being selfish doing this?? I am 5'6 250; no comorbidities but have struggled with my weight all my life. My nurse friends now have me freaked out about the risks so my head is not in a good place 48 hours before surgery. Help - I need a pep talk!

Im trying to calm myself down lol. Im so worried i wont have anything ready for when i come home. I have a cabinent full of cream Soups and a fridge full of Jello and yogurt. i dont know what i should have Right after i get out of surgery tho.

In the hospitalthey brought me a tray that had tea, Jello,

In the hospitalthey brought me a tray that had tea' date=' Jello,[/quote']

Crap...they brought me a tray with tea, Jello, broth, and either a popsicle or a fruit sorbet. To be honest, I didn't buy a whole lot before hand. I just made sure I had my Protein supplement and I get in 8 ounces everyday, besides that I have been drinking Water, tea, and eating Popsicles.

Hello all- I finally had my surgery yesterday morning. So far so good. No real pain. I ask for my pain meds every 3-4 hrs. I had my drink test this morning. The tsste really made a litgle nauseous. I do feel better now.

Hello all- I finally had my surgery yesterday morning. So far so good. No real pain. I ask for my pain meds every 3-4 hrs. I had my drink test this morning. The tsste really made a litgle nauseous. I do feel better now.

I'm glad you aren't having pain like I did! Felt like there was an elephant on my chest!

Good luck and safe travels!

Good luck

Hi All - scheduled for surgery on Feb 25th. So nervous, it doesn't help that that the tech that drew up my labs for surgery this morning asked me why I would be getting a sleeve. That I was not "that fat" and he thought I was beautiful as is. Well I burst into tears the minute I walked out of the hospital.. I am scared I am not doing the right thing, maybe I haven't tried hard enough. But the truth is I have been battling obeisty since I was little. I have "bigger" bones so I do "hide" my weight well. I have three young kids am I being selfish doing this?? I am 5'6 250; no comorbidities but have struggled with my weight all my life. My nurse friends now have me freaked out about the risks so my head is not in a good place 48 hours before surgery. Help - I need a pep talk!

Im in your shoes, Im 5-4" 249lbs, High blood pressure and plenty more problems that are because of being OVER weight and everyone even my other surgeon said YOU don't even look that "BIG" But what they don't realize is I have been dealing with my weight for 17yrs and I know and have accepted that "This is for me so I can live longer for my kids.. Its not that your being selfish your just thinking about your future as a healthier person for your kids.. Our weight is like a great pair of jeans that are very snug but when taken off every thing falls out, your just not putting that out there so people can see they only see that you wear your weight well.. So try and look at things in a very POSITIVE way.. Febuary 25th 2013 is the begining to OUR new lives.. I go in at 6:00 am.. So see you on the Losers Bench...

Is the binder something the hospital gave you' date=' or something you chose to use? I know I've needed support for my stomach and I've gotten buy with just a small pillow...are your incisions puffy, red, or discharging at all? If it continues, I would contact your doc![/quote']

They gave me the binder. Right out if surgery they tried to put it on but it hurt too much. When I got discharged they out it on me and I have inlet taken it off to shower. My incision on the right is a little red but nothing that I would think I needed to report. No fever or anything so I will just monitor it. I think it's getting better bc I actually slept on the bed. I got some rest. I'm way behind in sleep.< /p>

Hi All - scheduled for surgery on Feb 25th. So nervous' date=' it doesn't help that that the tech that drew up my labs for surgery this morning asked me why I would be getting a sleeve. That I was not "that fat" and he thought I was beautiful as is. Well I burst into tears the minute I walked out of the hospital.. I am scared I am not doing the right thing, maybe I haven't tried hard enough. But the truth is I have been battling obeisty since I was little. I have "bigger" bones so I do "hide" my weight well. I have three young kids am I being selfish doing this?? I am 5'6 250; no comorbidities but have struggled with my weight all my life. My nurse friends now have me freaked out about the risks so my head is not in a good place 48 hours before surgery. Help - I need a pep talk![/quote']

Same here. I weighed 236 and I'm 5'3" big boned. My surgery is the 25th at 0730. I've lost almost 40lbs since I started this journey and all I hear from everyone is I don't need the surgery. I work in a hospital and they are the ones I hear it from most. But I just think about how I felt when my mom died suddenly from a heart attack when she was only 47. I don't want my girls to experience that. Even though I have lost the weight I've lost so far, I'm still on blood pressure medicine. Tomorrow I turn 45 and a healthier life is the best gift we can give ourselves and our loved ones :)

Same here. I weighed 236 and I'm 5'3" big boned. My surgery is the 25th at 0730. I've lost almost 40lbs since I started this journey and all I hear from everyone is I don't need the surgery. I work in a hospital and they are the ones I hear it from most. But I just think about how I felt when my mom died suddenly from a heart attack when she was only 47. I don't want my girls to experience that. Even though I have lost the weight I've lost so far, I'm still on blood pressure medicine. Tomorrow I turn 45 and a healthier life is the best gift we can give ourselves and our loved ones :)

Thank you and good luck on Monday here's to a healthier us!

Best of luck to the remaining Feb sleevers! You're new wonderful life is about to begin! We are all here for you! Xxxoooo

Thank you!! Hurry up, Tuesday! :D

Congrats to all of you I was sleeved on Wednesday after battling the thought for over a year. I feel great a little discomfort but no major pain. I'm able to hold my liquids down, drink Water, Protein Shake no nausea going to the bathroom OK. I am a bit swollen, lost three lbs so far. Cant wait to start exercising. Life is good.