Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey there March 26ers lol,,, I'm also on

Tuesday 26th @ 8am, my bag is almost packed & ready to go.. lol.. liquid diet hasn't really been hard until today (day 6) I'm really STARVING, but I'm maintaining.... woooooo sigh... (I'm work today, during the week I didn't really pay attention to the hungry pains just drank Water & got over it & stayed busy.. Just gotta hang in there.....To New beginning.. Prayers go out to everyone on this journey.

Tyra

Am scheduled to have surgery march 25. Start preop liquids tomorrow. Scared but excited.

Hi Texastrish! I am finally scheduled for the 25th. I was originally scheduled for the 11th, but have has severe asthma problems which has delayed it. I was on high protein/low carb diet for 5 days, now on Clear Liquids for the 2 days prior to surgery. I hate it, am feeling weak, but can't give up now.

Hey there March 26ers lol' date=',, I'm also on

Tuesday 26th @ 8am, my bag is almost packed & ready to go.. lol.. liquid diet hasn't really been hard until today (day 6) I'm really STARVING, but I'm maintaining.... woooooo sigh... (I'm work today, during the week I didn't really pay attention to the hungry pains just drank Water & got over it & stayed busy.. Just gotta hang in there.....To New beginning.. Prayers go out to everyone on this journey.

Tyra[/quote']

What did you pack? I have Jammie's, flip flops, hoodie/sweatpants, a paperback (cuz I don't wanna worry about my kindle), phone charger, basic toiletries...anything I'm missing?

Hey there March 26ers lol' date=',, I'm also on

Tyra[/quote']

Oh and lucky you! Mines at 5:45 am!!! I was told I could have food until 24 hrs before so I have to wake up at 5 if I want a last meal...if I ever get to sleep!

Hi, yes! I just had surgery on March 8, 2013 in the Dominican Republic. I was there for 1 week. I'm now back in NJ, and 2 weeks post-op.

I'm glad you started this thread!

What did you pack? I have Jammie's' date=' flip flops, hoodie/sweatpants, a paperback (cuz I don't wanna worry about my kindle), phone charger, basic toiletries...anything I'm missing?[/quote']

I packed all of the same stuff but really only used a pair of sweatpants, slippers, phone charger, baby wipes, and the wisp waterless toothbrush things.....oh and chapstick!

I packed all of the same stuff but really only used a pair of sweatpants' date=' slippers, phone charger, baby wipes, and the wisp waterless toothbrush things.....oh and chapstick![/quote']

Baby wipes!!! Good call! I'm in Colorado so I always have chap stick... :))

Best of luck to all the March Sleevers having surgery this week. I am scheduled Monday, 3/25/13. Please update to let us know how you are doing.

I packed all of the same stuff but really only used a pair of sweatpants' date=' slippers, phone charger, baby wipes, and the wisp waterless toothbrush things.....oh and chapstick![/quote']

Yes the only thing I packed and needed was sweat pants t-shirts Clean panties baby wipes phone and phone charger tooth brush. I didn't use or need anything else.

Moka' date='

Wow hun, my heart goes out to you. I'm VERY lucky in the support I have. I have been talking about what I'm doing and have a decent amount of people here to support me.

That being said, I also have detractors in my life. Some small, some big. One of whom is violently and loudly opinionated to the point of being insulting. For that one... he's easy. I told him to butt out of my business and that if he can't see to support me in what is a very difficult decision then he needs to shut up and talk with someone who will listen.

Know that we are here for you. While we can't sit by your bedside and read to you, we can send you virtual hugs. Please let us know what you need.

Also remember, your 90lb friend struggles with something. Something she needs help with. Maybe that can be the point where she can see there are some things we can't do on our own. Also, you are under a doctor's care. He has spent months with your case and if it were not the right thing to do, he would make other recommendations.

Best of luck to you!

Kyeta[/quote']

Thanks so much Kyeta. I know I'm doing the right thing. I want a long healthy life & this tool is needed but with that being said my anxiety is a lot to handle. Literally not being able to talk with someone that is not judging me, making snide remarks like this is a joke is really hard to find. Everybody knows at work due to gossip & I feel ashamed. I'm sure I'll feel emotionally ok once I have my surgery on Wednesday.

Hey Moka... I'm getting sleeved the day after u and I completely understand. Luckily I have a supporting team' date=' however, if I didn't , this decision is for me... For us. You've been thru alot already....I'm believing and praying it can only get better!! Better, healthier days are ahead.... We got this!!!![/quote']

Thanks Destiny. We have a WLS support group at the hospital I'm having it at so I'm looking forward to participating. I've come to the conclusion God has always been and will continue to be my support system.

I survived and headed home today. I seriously doubted my decision when I was in the CCU for two days but things are already getting better. Can't wait to be home! I had the sleeve, my gallbladder removed, and a hernia repair. Ready to start figuring my new tummy out. It's picky.

I am March 26th, Is everyone required to do the 10 day pre op liquid diet?