Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am March 26th' date=' Is everyone required to do the 10 day pre op liquid diet? [/quote']

I'm the 26th too and I only have a 24hr liquid day to clear out my stomach. I think my Dr requires it based on liver values from bloodwork.

I'm the 26th too and I only have a 24hr liquid day to clear out my stomach. I think my Dr requires it based on liver values from bloodwork.

Actually i was instructed that its standard for my surgeon. I was told of the prop diet before I even started the whole process of trying to get approved. My liver values were not even taken into consideration.

Btw best of luck to both of you on your new journey!! : )

Thank you! I'm excited and freaking out a little...

Hi New to this so im not even sure if I'm doing this right. I just had my surgery March 18th and I'm doing ok first few days were a little rough my blood pressure wouldn't go down. Now I'm home and trying to get through the week. The first few days I was not hungry but as the days go on I'm a little hungry. I can't get much protien in but according to everybody else thats normal so not really worried. Well hope I'm doing this right :rolleyes:

I also am the 26th, but I only had to do 7 day liquids. 1 more day can't wait...

I didn't have to do a liquid diet at all we did a 1000 cl diet for 2 weeks but other than that nope but good luck!

Aaaagh 1 more day of work then Hospital 7am Tuesday. I feel like throwing up every time I think about it. Every little thing I am doing with my wee girl I keep thinking is it the last time.... :unsure:

I know I've got to put it all out of my mind and just get on with it. I'm not doubting my decision, just keep imagining the worst...

I had done so well on the preop, lost 14lbs in 10 days but Fri and Sat were a bit wobbly, had some of my wee ones chocolate. Plus we've been to 2 kids birthday parties, over the weekend. One last day of behaving tomorrow then I've no choice for a while but to behave :rolleyes:

We're nearly through March so most people will be sleeved and on the losing side. Can't wait to be home and healing and sipping xxx

I got sleeved a week ago - March 18th. I am starting to feel really good! The past week has been a HUGE learning curve in terms of how I go about eating and drinking - SMALL sips, going SUPER SLOW. It takes me forever to drink a bottle of water! However, I am getting into the swing of it and feeling much better already!

I was originally only going to tell a few people, fearing that people would be judgemental. However, I finally announced it to my Facebook Friends, because so many people that I HAD told were asking for regular updates on how I was doing. To my surprise, the responses I have gotten have not been negative at all! In fact, I have had 3 Facebook Friends message me on the side to ask questions about what I am doing because they are secretly thinking of doing it themselves! It felt good to be able to talk to these friends and share my journey with them - I hope it will help them make the right decisions for themselves!

In response to the last post, I have double insurance, so Mexico was not even a consideration for me. I am sure many doctors here in the US will work with payments. I am very lucky to live in an area with one of the top Bariatric Surgeons in the US, and he has a great program of education and support! I think that is the KEY to making WLS a success - continued education and support. It is certainly NOT some miracle cure or wonder drug. I think you need to be connected to a strong support community for this for the rest of your life.

School50' date=' what you are experiencing is spasms of your sleeve. I was warned about these when I went into the hospital. They will subside, but your dr can give you a sublingual med that will really help. I was on one every four hours as needed, but they really hurt when they happened so he put me on two every four hours round the clock and by the third day post op, hey were subsided. I thought they were worse than the gas pains.[/quote']

Thanks, Krissj for your info. I will be calling my doctor tomorrow even though they have become less and less. I'm 4 days post op and feeling well.

I got sleeved a week ago - March 18th. I am starting to feel really good! The past week has been a HUGE learning curve in terms of how I go about eating and drinking - SMALL sips, going SUPER SLOW. It takes me forever to drink a bottle of water! However, I am getting into the swing of it and feeling much better already!

I was originally only going to tell a few people, fearing that people would be judgemental. However, I finally announced it to my Facebook Friends, because so many people that I HAD told were asking for regular updates on how I was doing. To my surprise, the responses I have gotten have not been negative at all! In fact, I have had 3 Facebook Friends message me on the side to ask questions about what I am doing because they are secretly thinking of doing it themselves! It felt good to be able to talk to these friends and share my journey with them - I hope it will help them make the right decisions for themselves!

In response to the last post, I have double insurance, so Mexico was not even a consideration for me. I am sure many doctors here in the US will work with payments. I am very lucky to live in an area with one of the top Bariatric Surgeons in the US, and he has a great program of education and support! I think that is the KEY to making WLS a success - continued education and support. It is certainly NOT some miracle cure or wonder drug. I think you need to be connected to a strong support community for this for the rest of your life.

I had mine on the same day as well and I'm same as you I'm feeling more human like. I tried to make a cream Soup yesterday with protien and it didn't go so well but I'm back on the horse today :)

I'm four days post op and I can't wait till Wednesday so I can start my full liquids.

I'm still taking my aceto+codeine at night because that is when I feel my most soreness. It also helps with the back pain I get sleeping on my back as I am usually a side sleeper. Good sleep is a priority for me as it helps with healing and the keeps you mentally healthy. I am going to ask about liquid Tylenol at the first check up next week.

Liquids are going down pretty easy, no hunger, no nausea. I feel I am pretty lucky.

I am March 26th' date=' Is everyone required to do the 10 day pre op liquid diet? [/quote']

Nope, I'm also the 26th and I only have one day of clear liquids (tomorrow).