Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Im 3 days post op and cant wait for something other than Jello n broth and sugar free popsicles

My first scrambled egg was AMAZING!!! lol it gets better!!!!!

I can't wait for that..lol..how far out are you?

My first scrambled egg was AMAZING!!! lol it gets better!!!!!

How soon was it when you got to eat scramble eggs? ? I'm 6 days out and am dying for something with taste lol

I ate a scrambled egg yesterday for the first time and im 1 week and 5 days out. It was divine! So sick of liquids and Soups and sweet stuff!!! Could only eat about 1/2 or 3/4 of it though lol

I ate a scrambled egg yesterday for the first time and im 1 week and 5 days out. It was divine! So sick of liquids and Soups and sweet stuff!!! Could only eat about 1/2 or 3/4 of it though lol

Wow..u must love your Dr..lol.I am almost 3 weeks out and not eating that yet..and I kinda wish I could.. can't stand how sweet the shakes are..

Everything else was making me gag! I couldn't stand any more yogurt or Protein Shakes. I had to have something different, besides Soup. Ugh. But yeah I can go to "soft" diet Monday so I figured a scrambled egg wouldn't hurt me this close to that time. And soft foods include fish and chicken and Pasta (chewed very well)...so I rlly don't think an egg will do any damage.

I drink more than an ounce of liquid (water/tea) in 20 minutes and was sleeved 3/18. Now you have me worried I'm doing it wrong.

I drink more than an ounce of liquid (water/tea) in 20 minutes and was sleeved 3/18. Now you have me worried I'm doing it wrong.

I was sleeved 3/20 and can drink one to two oz of liquid in 20 mins

You are fine..should be about 1 oz every 15 min

Missmeow me too! I can drink a fair amount at one time. Maybe an ounce and a half or 2 ounces every 10 or 15 mins. I don't do that ALL day. But I can drink a few swallows with no pain or any negative feelings. Should I not do it even though im having no problems?

Missmeow me too! I can drink a fair amount at one time. Maybe an ounce and a half or 2 ounces every 10 or 15 mins. I don't do that ALL day. But I can drink a few swallows with no pain or any negative feelings. Should I not do it even though im having no problems?

Mine says frim my nut. I should be drinking 60-120 ccs per hour. 1/4 to 1/2 cup approximately.

50-60 grams Protein 48-64 Fluid oz daily.

Starting 2-3 days post op and lasting for 10-14 days of course each surgeon os different buy this is what is recommended by my surgeon and nut.

I guess I need to measure/track better because it seems I can drink a bit faster than that. That could just be in my mind. I kind of lose interest when drinking my Protein Drinks. I have not had any pain except at first at the hernia site and later when I forgot and drank a normal drink (not a gulp). It was fleeting but i Didn't do that again. Otherwise I kind of feel it slide right through?

My surgeon did not give any rules just said to drink slow and get fluids in.

My nut has 80g Protein and 64oz combined fluids. I haven't quite gotten to the protein goal yet.

Missmeow im exactly the same way. Not meeting Protein goals yet. I know I will when I can actually eat some meat. The sweetness is killing me right now (the shakes)

I'm trying 1/4 cup strained cream of chicken noodle 4 days out. Hope this wont hurt me!