Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I was so excited about my surgery and still am, but I'm very concerned about complications. I've been on the pre op strictly liquid diet for one week and have not cheated at all! My surgery is Tuesday the 26th, so it's right around the corner. Did anyone's doctor require them to do a Doppler test pre op to check for blood clots?? I have a clearance appointment to tomorrow and I'm going to ask my doc to send me for one just to ease my mind...

Sarah the clot USUALLY happens AFTER surgery. Getting a doppler pre op and having clear veins is no indication that you WONT get a blood clot.

its nature. Its God. It happens or it doesn't, but you can follow your dr orders to help prevent the complications.

Blood clots are a reality of ANY surgery. You wouldn't let a risk of blood clot stop you from having life saving heart surgery if you needed it would you? Its a risk, but as pepperpaul said, being obese is the bigger risk here.

I'm in two days. While the recent talks have reduced my "high" about surgery, it's also increased my resolve. Thank you to all the Marchies who have already gone for posting here even though you are dealing with post op. I hope to pay that forward with a positive story for future sleevers.

I'm in two days. While the recent talks have reduced my "high" about surgery' date=' it's also increased my resolve. Thank you to all the Marchies who have already gone for posting here even though you are dealing with post op. I hope to pay that forward with a positive story for future sleevers.[/quote']

You will do fine..I am 13 days post op and feel great..down 40 pounds since 2/28... everyone has fears..and trust me I am the worst.. but when I woke up in recovery I knew then everything was gonna be fine :) trust in your Dr and make your team aware of any concerns you have and all will go well..good luck and keep us posted :) ~Pam

My doctors went to great lengths to explain all the risks involved, and also made me sign all kinds of paperwork saying that I understood those risks. They also go to great lengths to minimize any chance of complications. We all knew there was a statistical chance for complications, or even death, before agreeing to do this. Try not to focus on one person, and instead focus on the hundreds of success stories on here. Even people who have had complications say that they don't regret doing it, that its the best thing they've ever done, and that they'd do it again. Stay positive, it could help your outcome!

I'm 4 days post-op and feeling better every day. The pain is minimal and trying to get my liquids in daily. Today my nector lemon ice tea comes in so that will help with liquids and Protein. Good luck to all the new sleevers today!!!

I got clearance this morning! So excited! Good luck everyone and stay focused:)

I've lost 17 lbs since I had my surgery 3/6. I was home on the 7th & driving agin the following Monday. I'm not doing well with the Protein Shakes they're too thick for me. Freezing them & thawing it waters it down some, so it helps.

My 1st post op is today & I'm ready to go back to work! Best of luck to you

I've lost 17 lbs since I had my surgery 3/6. I was home on the 7th & driving agin the following Monday. I'm not doing well with the Protein Shakes they're too thick for me. Freezing them & thawing it waters it down some' date=' so it helps.

My 1st post op is today & I'm ready to go back to work! Best of luck to you[/quote']

I had mine 3/7 and have also lost 17lbs. Cant wait to hear how your pre-op visit goes!

I had mine 3/7 and have also lost 17lbs. Cant wait to hear how your pre-op visit goes!

Cool!

Stay in touch lady,

Today's the big day for me....I'm scheduled for 1330... I don't feel nervous , scared or anything "yet"

However I am a little emtional because....I'm going to miss the woman I've seen in the mirror for the last 15 years. Yes I absolutely want to get down to a healthy smaller size NOT SKINNY, but I've gotten use to this woman and forced myself to be comfortable and love the skin I was in.....?will I feel way looking in the mirror 6 months from now? Only time will tell.

Today's the big day for me....I'm scheduled for 1330... I don't feel nervous ' date=' scared or anything "yet"

However I am a little emtional because....I'm going to miss the woman I've seen in the mirror for the last 15 years. Yes I absolutely want to get down to a healthy smaller size NOT SKINNY, but I've gotten use to this woman and forced myself to be comfortable and love the skin I was in.....?will I feel way looking in the mirror 6 months from now? Only time will tell.[/quote']

Good luck! You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Today's the big day for me....I'm scheduled for 1330... I don't feel nervous , scared or anything "yet"

However I am a little emtional because....I'm going to miss the woman I've seen in the mirror for the last 15 years. Yes I absolutely want to get down to a healthy smaller size NOT SKINNY, but I've gotten use to this woman and forced myself to be comfortable and love the skin I was in.....?will I feel way looking in the mirror 6 months from now? Only time will tell.

I know the feeling! You will be glad u went thru with it! God bless & good luck!