Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Good luck to all of you today!

Check in when you can!

I just wanna give some positive insight on my journey. I started this journey the end of December. I did the pre op diet and lost 14 lbs. My surgery was scheduled for March 14th. Everything went smoothly. I had a wonderful experience in the hospital. I was home the day after surgery and have been getting better everyday. Im day 6 post op and feeling great. I stepped on the scale yesterday and have lost another 15 lbs since surgery. WOW. Im assuming my stomach weighed about 10 lbs lol. Anyways im so far VERY happy with my decision to make this huge change in my life and to get healthy and live a longer life. I just wanted to give some positive insight into some of the negitive you see on this site. Thanks

Traycrow, good for you! Thats a fantastic weight loss. You have lost twice as much as i have. I didnt mean to sound negative - i was just looking for advice or possibly encouragement from someone who might be having similar problems as mine. It's scary to think i did all this for 14 pounds! :-0. I too have followed the rules and i would like to lose 120 to 130 pounds. I was just hoping it would fall off in the very beginning. It started that way, but stopped 2 days ago. I'm holding my breath, hoping & praying for a big drop tomorrow...and was just posting my emotions because i thought someone would be supportive in this forum. We're all going thru the same surgery.

Traycrow' date=' good for you! Thats a fantastic weight loss. You have lost twice as much as i have. I didnt mean to sound negative - i was just looking for advice or possibly encouragement from someone who might be having similar problems as mine. It's scary to think i did all this for 14 pounds! :-0. I too have followed the rules and i would like to lose 120 to 130 pounds. I was just hoping it would fall off in the very beginning. It started that way, but stopped 2 days ago. I'm holding my breath, hoping & praying for a big drop tomorrow...and was just posting my emotions because i thought someone would be supportive in this forum. We're all going thru the same surgery.[/quote']

Right there with ya Jilliemay! Only 15 down since beginning of my 1 week preop diet exactly 2 weeks ago. But if I think about it...when was the last time I lost 15 pounds in 2 weeks except when I was on my crazy HCG diet and literally starving myself...lol. Keep the faith! You may be losing inches so be sure you do ur measurements! I totally forgot to do them before surgery, did them yesterday.

You made my day, Sunshine! I need to take my measurements! I think the doctor did before surgery. I go see him tomorrow. Anyway, i appreciate your reply - i just wanted to feel like i was normal. I'm feeling better now & i will try to think positive! Those numbers on the scale are powerful little creatures, eh?! And like someone just said to me, "its a journey, not a marathon." Thanks guys!

You made my day' date=' Sunshine! I need to take my measurements! I think the doctor did before surgery. I go see him tomorrow. Anyway, i appreciate your reply - i just wanted to feel like i was normal. I'm feeling better now & i will try to think positive! Those numbers on the scale are powerful little creatures, eh?! And like someone just said to me, "its a journey, not a marathon." Thanks guys![/quote']

Aww...your welcome! I have decided that I will not weigh myself everyday multiple Xs a day! I will surely go crazy! Try doing it like Mon & Fri or 1x a week, each Monday and if there is any loss, even a fraction, I will make a choice to be happy! get your digital scale that shows the .2 loss even..it IS A LOSS AFTER ALL! I don't want to be like I was when I was yo yo dieting and obsessed with the scale. Also, I think our metabolism's are messed up, be sure to spead out your meals/drinks. Be positive!

Jillie, maybe you should only weigh once a week? Day to day could get discouraging but if you wait a week and then see a big # it will feel better!

Aww...your welcome! I have decided that I will not weigh myself everyday multiple Xs a day! I will surely go crazy! Try doing it like Mon & Fri or 1x a week, each Monday and if there is any loss, even a fraction, I will make a choice to be happy! get your digital scale that shows the .2 loss even..it IS A LOSS AFTER ALL! I don't want to be like I was when I was yo yo dieting and obsessed with the scale. Also, I think our metabolism's are messed up, be sure to spead out your meals/drinks. Be positive!

Starting the 4th day after surgery, I was the EXACT same weight (to the 10th of a pound) for 4 straight days. I got frustrated. Then the next morning I got on the scale and I was 5 lbs lighter! That's when I decided to stop weighing every day, because it is counterproductive. I'm going to weigh myself once a week, on Sunday mornings. Weight loss isn't a linear process, there are peaks and valleys.

You guys are right. I need to step down off the scale! It was so exciting a few days ago, watching the numbers drop. But not now. And i also agree about having a messed up metabolism. Maybe over time it will finally right itself with all i'm doing. Thanks!

Traycrow' date=' good for you! Thats a fantastic weight loss. You have lost twice as much as i have. I didnt mean to sound negative - i was just looking for advice or possibly encouragement from someone who might be having similar problems as mine. It's scary to think i did all this for 14 pounds! :-0. I too have followed the rules and i would like to lose 120 to 130 pounds. I was just hoping it would fall off in the very beginning. It started that way, but stopped 2 days ago. I'm holding my breath, hoping & praying for a big drop tomorrow...and was just posting my emotions because i thought someone would be supportive in this forum. We're all going thru the same surgery.[/quote']

I feel the same as you. I like to hear it all the good the bad and the ugly. It's nice because someone can relate to someone else that way.

I need help! I was sleeved March 15 and I'm having a hard time getting Protein in. Nothing taste good to me in that department. I've even tried the injury flavorless powder but I can't get past the smell or texture/milky-looking concoction. Any suggestions??

OOOOO MMMM GGGG.... IM APPROVED I GOT THE CALL THIS AM @ 11 & I MISSED IT, I WAS IN A MANAGERS MEETING.. AFYER GOING ROUND & ROUND WIT INSURANCE & DAILY CALLS FOR 9 DAYS... MY PRAYERS HAVE BEEN ANSWERED... MY PRE OP APPT IS IN THE AM & SURGERY CAN NOW STAY AS PLANNED FOR NEXT WEEK 26th.. Wow I had gotten really discourage some of those day during the waiting game, I gave it up to God last night so I could stop stressing so much.. wow & looked what happen I at last heard those magic words I'm approved...

I need help! I was sleeved March 15 and I'm having a hard time getting Protein in. Nothing taste good to me in that department. I've even tried the injury flavorless powder but I can't get past the smell or texture/milky-looking concoction. Any suggestions??