Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Oh I also meant to ask if anyone thought it would cause a problem by having minor surgery on my eyelid? Would this affect me getting my op next week?

I can't see how it would but you never know....I'll definitely be asking before I get it done.

Thanks for the advice. I think I might be able to handle the Adkins pre made shakes. I won't stop until I find something.

Kodiesmom, i felt the same way at first. I thought id never get that pukey Isopure shake down after surgery, but all i did was add some blueberry crystal light & i couldnt believe the improvement. It went from yuck to almost yummy. Recently i bight the vanilla whey powder from costco. Today i opened it &added half if a scoopful to non-fat Greek yogurt & voila! It was like eating cheesecake! Keep trying. You'll find something that works for your tastebuds.

What flavor of isopure did you mix with the blueberry crystal light.

Iam feeling greAt I had my surgery at around 1030 this morning.i was very uncomfortable when I woke up but know i just some trap gas and usual chronic back and leg pain.

I was expecting the worst but hell this is the best decision I ever made, I have had back pain worse than this.

If anyone is thinking about backing out please reconsider because I almost did, but my wife put her foot down.. Lol

Good luck to every one who is getting done in the future , if someone want needs to talk about my surgery please message me

I was finally sleeved on Mar 13 and doing really well. Not nearly as bad as I had worried it would be. In this thread above I had posted a list of what I thought I would need in the hospital and also some things I would use when I came home. I over estimated what I would need so back to clean up the lists. I am going to break it down between what I ultimately DID need in the hospital and then another list of what I am using at home now that I am starting my 2nd week post surgery tomorrow.

BUT … a word about worries and fears. DON’T let it get to you. Looking back, I was more nervous and frightened that I really needed to be. Things went so very smoothly and I have had neither extraordinary amount of post surgical abdominal gas because the meds in the IVs took care of that and the pain I had been so concerned about also was not as bad as I was thinking it would be. They did have a little button I could push for a shot of morphine early on, but I was off that by the second afternoon post surg. For me, it was so much better than I had thought it would be and that is saying something since I have a low pain threshold and am a wimp.

Here is the list I had above. I have added notes in CAPS that show how much I used this in the hospital for the 3 days I was there. I didn’t need half of what I had anticipated but some of the things I took to the hospital, I have used at home in my first week of recovery at home since Wed, March 13.

MY PREVIOUS LIST with NEW NOTES IN CAPS: (FROM MARCH 3, 2013 POST)

Clothes

sleep Mask & Earplugs for hospital (GOOD TO TAKE)

Robe w/ snaps (DIDN’T NEED, THEY PUT AN EXTRA GOWN ON ME BACKWARDS WHEN I WENT WALKING BECAUSE THE IVs WERE IN BOTH HANDS FOR 2 DAYS AND I COULDN’T GET MY ROBE ON)

Loose under garments (GOOD TO TAKE)

Warm socks w/ grippers (some hospitals give‘em to you) (YES, THEY GAVE THEM TO ME)

Easy slip off/on Slippers (optional) (DIDN’T NEED BECAUSE OF THE SOCKS WITH THE GRIPPERS)

Loose fitting clothes to wear there & on way home (I WORE THE SAME TOP AND BOTTOM WITH LOOSE FITTING WAIST LINE ON THE WAY THERE AND ON THE WAY HOME – DON’T WEAR ANYTHING BIDDING AT ALL)

Personal Items

My Tablet (DIDN’T TAKE BECAUSE OF CONCERN OF THEFT)

My Cell Phone (DIDN’T TAKE BECAUSE OF CONCERN OF THEFT)

INSTEAD THE HOSPITAL GAVE ME A LITTLE CARD WITH A CENTRAL PHONE NUMBER WHERE THOSE GAVE A 4 DIGIT CODE TO COULD CALL AND GET AN UPDATE ON MY CONDITION AT ANY TIME JUST BY PROVIDING THE 4 DIGIT CODE. THEY COULD ALSO BE TRANSFERRED TO THE PHONE IN MY ROOM IF I WAS FAR ENOUGH ALONG IN THE PROCESS TO TAKE A CALL)

Chargers/Cords (DIDN’T TAKE BECAUSE I DIDN’T TAKE TABLET OR PHONE)

1 book or a few magazines – nothing heavy (YES, TAKE IT, I HAD TO SIT IN A ROOM FOR 40 MINUTES AND WAIT TO GO INTO SURGERY)

Glasses cleaner (YES, NEEDED THIS, I TOOK A TRAVEL SIZE BOTTLE)

2 small pillows (1 for head, 1 for tummy when you take walks) (COULD NOT HAVE DONE WITHOUT THIS. WORKED LIKE A CHARM, LESSENED PAIN, MADE IT EASIER TO STAND UP AND WALK, ALSO USED BEHIND MY BACK AS HOSPITAL PILLOWS ARE TOO SOFT FOR ME)

Body pillow (optional) (DIDN’T NEED)

Camera (WORRIED ABOUT THEFT, SO DIDN’T TAKE BUT DOING PHOTOS AT HOME TO POST)

Nose spray if you need it ( I NEEDED IT BECAUSE I HAD JUST RECOVERED FROM A BAD UPPER RESPIRATORY BUG)

Prescriptions (DON’T TAKE AS ALL MEDS WERE GIVEN TO ME BY IV, EVEN MY SYNTHROID, CHOLESTEROL AND BLOOD PRESSURE MEDICATIONS)

Toothbrush / Paste / Very basic simple makeup (TAKE IT, MAKE IT FLAVORED TOOTHPASTER BECAUSE YOUR MOUTH WILL FEEL LIKE SOMEONE TOOK A DUMP IN IT AND YOU MAY NOT HAVE ANYTHING TO DRINK UNTIL THEY DO A “LEAK TEST” IN RADIOLOGY, WHICH USUALLY HAPPENS ON DAY 2)

Shampoo / Conditioner / Travel brush/comb (ONLY NEEDED BRUSH/COMB, DIDN’T NEED SHAMPOO BECAUSE WITH THE IVs FOR 3 DAYS, WASHING MY hair WASN’T POSSIBLE)

Blow Dryer (if you must) (DIDN’T TAKE)

sugar free Vita C Throat Lozenges (Check with your Surgeon) (MY SURGEON SAID “NO” AND COULD ONLY START USING SUGAR FREE ONES AFTER I GOT HOME)

Tinted Lip Balm - Burts Bees has many colors and flavors, very soothing (THIS ABSOLUTELY SAVED ME THE FIRST 2 DAYS)

Gas X Strips for post surgical gas/bloating -(Cinnamon/peppermint) (DR. WOULDN’T ALLOW BUT SAID “OK” ONCE I GOT HOME)

Astringent & facial cleanser (LIFE SAVER, GLAD I HAD THIS)

5 Facial makeup remover wipes (LIFE SAVER, GLAD I HAD THIS)

Heating Pad for pain relief post surgical to use with your pillow in bed (HOSPITAL SAID “NO” COULD NOT BRING IN BUT IF I WANTED ONE, I COULD ASK THE NURSE AND THEY WOULD GET ONE FOR ME – I DID USE THE FIRST 2 DAYS I WAS HOME)

My Glasses (YES, NEEDED THEM TO SIGN DOCUMENTS)

Immonium (DR SAID “NO” BUT COULD USE IF NEEDED ONCE I GOT HOME. STILL HAVEN’T NEEDED THIS AFTER A WHOLE WEEK HOME)

Listerine mouth strips for fresh breath (DR. SAID “NO” BUT I DID USE THEM IN THE CAR ON THE WAY HOME AND AT HOME NOW)

Sugar Free Ricola drops as you could have a sore throat (I BOUGHT LEMON MIST RICCOLA HERB THROAT DROPS, SUGAR FREE – AND GLAD I DID BUT COULDN’T USE AT HOSPITAL, BUT DID USE ON THE WAY HOME AND HAVE USED THEM FIRST 2 DAYS I WAS HOME - THROAT SLIGHTLY SORE DUE TO THE TUB DOWN THE THROAT)

Deodorant (SO GLAD I HAD THIS)

Disposable Wipes I can use instead of taking a shower the 1st day or 2 (DIDN’T NEED THESE, NURSE GAVE ME WIPES)

Tweezers & mirror (YES, NEEDED THIS)

Comfy Sports bra for post surgical comfort so boobs don't irritate any incision areas (YES, NEEDED THIS AND IT HELPED A LOT, BUT HAD TO WAIT TO PUT IT ON UNTIL THEY CHANGED MY IVs OR I WOULD NOT HAVE BEEN ABLE TO GET IT ON)

My own Puffs tissue (TOOK IT BUT THE HOSPITAL KLEENEX WAS OK SO I DIDN’T’ NEED IT)

2 Light weight soft fleecy full size throws as hospital blankets are horrid. (I ONLY TOOK ONE WITH ME AND USED IT EVERY SINGLE MOMENT AS IT WAS VERY COMFORTING AND SOFT INSTEAD OF SCRATHY AND TOO WARM LIKE THE HOSPITAL BLANKETS. JUST WASH, DRY AND PUT IN A BIG ZIP LOCK BAG SO THE NURSE KNOWS IT’S VERY CLEAN)

Try to take as many travel size items as possible. Use a small rolling overnight case. Mine has a pop up telescoping handle. (EVERYTHING I TOOK WAS TRAVEL SIZE, MY SMALL ROLLING BAG WORKED GREAT, ESPECIALLY DURING CHECKOUT)

LIST OF OPTIONAL THINGS I BOUGHT TO EITHER TAKE WITH ME OR USE WHEN I GOT HOME

Cuisinart Immersion Blender - to liquify foods so I can freeze small amounts in ice cube trays and not buy tasteless baby food (though any blender will do) (I AM USING THIS AT HOME THIS WEEK TO MAKE AND FREEZE MY OWN “BABY FOOD” – ALSO GREAT FOR MAKING THE fruit IN YOGURT ALMOST INVISIBLE, AND PULVERIZE OTHER FOODS TO PREPARE FOR THAT STAGE) http://www.amazon.com/Cuisinart-CSB-76BC-SmartStick-200-Watt-Immersion/dp/B000EGA6QI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1363829494&sr=8-1&keywords=Cuisinart+Immersion+Blender

OXO Tot 12 Piece Baby Block Set Use to make tiny portions of frozen mashed Beans, carrots, sweet potatoes, squash, apples, mashed potatoes, etc. They have 2 & 4 oz. containers on freezer trays, also can be put in microwave frozen to warm them up - http://www.oxo.com/p-1230-12-piece-baby-blockstrade-set.aspx

OXO Good Grips 4-Piece Mini Measuring Beaker Set makes measuring so easy –

( GREAT FOR MEASURING LIQUID PAIN MEDS OR MEASURING AS YOU MAKE SMALL AMOUNTS OF FOOD )- http://www.oxo.com/p-1206-4-piece-mini-measuring-beaker-set.aspx?gcsct=0ChMImJr3q9WMtgIVkDbmCh3kFwAAEAA

Gas-X Thin Extra Strength Strips With Cinnamon Flavor helps w/gas

and bloating Post op in the hospital – melts on your tongue so you don't have to drag along a whole bottle of Gas-X liquid – (COULDN’T USE AT HOSPITAL BUT DID USE ON THE WAY HOME AND 1ST WEEK HOME) http://www.walmart.com/ip/Gas-X-Extra-Strength-Peppermint-Thin-Strips-Antigas-18-ct/10294111

HoMedics OT-TRVL Ortho + Therapy Memory Foam Travel Pillow with Carry Case, 15" x 11" x 4.5"- hospital pillows are horrid. Use 1 for your head & 1 to hold your tummy on your post surg walks at hospital – (COULD NOT HAVE DONE WITHOUT THESE, THEY ARE GREAT) http://www.amazon.com/HoMedics-OT-TRVL-Therapy-Memory-Travel/dp/B001GS6PUY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1363831698&sr=8-1&keywords=HoMedics+OT-TRVL+Ortho+%2B+Therapy+Memory+Foam+Travel+Pillow+with+Carry+Case%2C+15%22+x+11%22+x+4.5%22-

BlenderBottle Classic 28 oz.- Comes w/ wire mixer ball makes mixing Unjury Protein powder easy to mix (get a 2 pack at SamsClub) (USED AT HOME 1ST WEEK OUT, WILL USE ONE AT MY OFFICE WHEN I GO BACK TO WORK - YOU CAN ALSO GET IN 20 OZ. SIZE)) http://www.samsclub.com/sams/blender-bottle-2-pk/prod5050919.ip?navAction=

PB2 Regular & chocolate Powdered Peanut Butter- 85% Less Fat and Calories - 6.5 Oz Each - 2 Pack – great in Protein Drinks or spread on apple or banana slices when you can eat those things, plus delicious in homemade Protein Shakes - or put some in your Premier Protein 11 oz. Protein Drink - (NOT USING YET BUT WILL SOON. MY FRIEND USES THIS AND I HAVE TASTED, DELICIOUS) http://www.amazon.com/Regular-Chocolate-Powdered-Butter--Calories/dp/B005G0GRQ0/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1363830014&sr=8-4&keywords=PB2+Regular+%26+Chocolate+Powdered+Peanut+Butter-

Pill Crusher -Pill Pulverizer in case you have a hard time taking pills – (USED 1ST DAY I GOT HOME, ONE OF THE BEST PILL CRUSHERS I HAVE EVER SEEN ) http://www.amazon.com/CM-Pill-Crusher--Pill-Pulverizer/dp/B000J14PR4/ref=sr_1_cc_2?s=aps&ie=UTF8&qid=1363830095&sr=1-2-catcorr&keywords=PILL+PULVERIZER

Listerine PocketPaks Coolmint, 24ct Breath Strips to keep breathe fresh at the hospital - (DR. SAID “NO” AT HOSPITAL, BUT I DID USE THEM IN THE CAR ON THE WAY HOME AND AT HOME NOW) http://www.amazon.com/Listerine-Pocketpaks-Cool-Mint-Count/dp/B00013TQP6/ref=sr_1_4?s=hpc&ie=UTF8&qid=1363830309&sr=1-4&keywords=listerine+pocketpaks

Kitrics Perfect Portions Digital scale with Nutrition Facts Display - counts everything you eat, gives calories based on weight, Proteins, carbs, fats, etc. - (USING FOR EVERYTHING – THIS IS A GREAT SCALE AND NUTRITION INFO COUNTER) http://www.amazon.com/Perfect-Portions-0452-Digital-Nutrition/dp/B001E1B9H2/ref=sr_1_cc_1?s=aps&ie=UTF8&qid=1363830395&sr=1-1-catcorr&keywords=Kitrics+Perfect+Portions+Digital+Scale+with+Nutrition+Facts+Display

Jokari Healthy Steps Portion Control Diet / Weight Loss 10pc Utensil Kitchen Tool Set - for easy portion control once your food regimen normalizes down the road - (NOW THAT I AM HOME, ONCE I START REAL FOOD, THIS IS GOING TO BE INVALUABLE, A WONDERFUL SET WHICH WILL HELP ME KEEP PORTIONS IN THE RIGHT AMOUNT – PRICEY, BUT WILL BE WELL WORTH IT PORTIONS SIZES ARE MARKED ON THE UTENSIL ) http://www.amazon.com/Healthy-Steps-Portion-Control-Utensil/dp/B005WCF1KU/ref=sr_1_4?s=home-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1363830577&sr=1-4&keywords=JOKARI+SET

Mr. coffee Mug Warmer for home – keeps your soft mashed foods warm while you are eating them in the beginning because it takes you a while to eat them and they can easily get cold. (ALREADY USING THIS SINCE DAY 1 HOME TO KEEP MY TEA AND chicken broth NICE AND WARM – SAVES COUNTLESS TRIPS TO MICROWAVE TO REHEAT BECAUSE IT TAKES A WHILE TO CONSUME SMALL AMOUNTS IN THE BEGINNING ) http://www.amazon.com/Mr-Coffee-MWBLK-Mug-Warmer/dp/B000CO89T8/ref=sr_1_1?s=home-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1363830631&sr=1-1&keywords=Mr.+Coffee+Mug+Warmer

Large heavily feathered colorful Mardi Gras mask - The Dr. takes a photo of patient on the last Dr appointment before surgery. With todays internet, one of these days that sucker could end up out there by hacking or some sort of accident. At my support group, they wear interesting masks when they get their photo taken on that day. One of my friends actually wore a HUGE lifelike HORSES HEAD from a costume shop. I'm just going for the feathered look that will obscure most of my face. http://www.mardigrasoutlet.com/C8D4/Feather-Masks.html

Has anyone written a letter/letters to loved ones, incase something were to happen during surgery?? I am a mother of three young children and started a letter to my husband and children just explaining exactly why I am having the surgery and how much I love them and everything like that. I know that this may seem like a terrible adea to some...I almost feel like I am going into it with bad expectations, but in all reality I don't feel like that at all, I honestly feel that God knows it isnt my time to go because he knows how much I need my family and how much they need me aswell, so he wouldn't take me from this at this point in time. ok, now I just sound crazy right? haha. Well I just couldn't stand the thought of something happening to me and not having something like this for them. :unsure:

I taped a video message on my phone and left it on the comp. for mine! I was so scared I wouldn't come home to them but you know I was freaked for nothing Iade a living will and all. its good to be prepared, but you'll be ok and as soon as your head hits the table just as fast they'll be wakin it up and off . good luck

Has anyone written a letter/letters to loved ones' date=' incase something were to happen during surgery?? I am a mother of three young children and started a letter to my husband and children just explaining exactly why I am having the surgery and how much I love them and everything like that. I know that this may seem like a terrible adea to some...I almost feel like I am going into it with bad expectations, but in all reality I don't feel like that at all, I honestly feel that God knows it isnt my time to go because he knows how much I need my family and how much they need me aswell, so he wouldn't take me from this at this point in time. ok, now I just sound crazy right? haha. Well I just couldn't stand the thought of something happening to me and not having something like this for them. :unsure:[/quote']

You are not alone. I am in the process of putting together a list of my creditors, account numbers, phone numbers...hr dept information... On top of the letter to family and friends.

I believe I am coming home, but things happen, every day. I love them enough to try and make that time easier for them.

I was sleeved around 12:30 today and so far I am feeling good. Haven't used much pain medication. Only drawback is I can't sleep. Its 1:04 am and I'm wide awake!

Has anyone written a letter/letters to loved ones' date=' incase something were to happen during surgery?? I am a mother of three young children and started a letter to my husband and children just explaining exactly why I am having the surgery and how much I love them and everything like that. I know that this may seem like a terrible adea to some...I almost feel like I am going into it with bad expectations, but in all reality I don't feel like that at all, I honestly feel that God knows it isnt my time to go because he knows how much I need my family and how much they need me aswell, so he wouldn't take me from this at this point in time. ok, now I just sound crazy right? haha. Well I just couldn't stand the thought of something happening to me and not having something like this for them. :unsure:[/quote']

Wow im not the only one I taped mine with my one year old so just in case.... she could see me telling her how much I love her. It was very hard and yes I did cry but I think it was best for me and her..

[ATTACH]10586[/ATTACH]

New me!!! March 21

post-53910-13813664006995_thumb.png

Me!!! My surgery is coming up soon 3/27/13 very excited and a lil nervous at this time just hope I can make it through the 3 day liquid diet hope I've made the right choice but I really feel I'm so ready for this :0) good luck to all

Wow im not the only one I taped mine with my one year old so just in case.... she could see me telling her how much I love her. It was very hard and yes I did cry but I think it was best for me and her..

post-53910-13813664006995_thumb.png

[ATTACH]10586[/ATTACH]

New me!!! March 21

I have thought about it but just haven't done it but I have talked to my love ones and let them know how much I love them

Me!!! My surgery is coming up soon 3/27/13 very excited and a lil nervous at this time just hope I can make it through the 3 day liquid diet hope I've made the right choice but I really feel I'm so ready for this :0) good luck to all

3 Days!!! That is awesome!! Im finishing day 8 and I still have 6 days to surgery. You'll do great!

Surgery day. I'm at the hospital. All prayers welcome. I am actually pretty calm, just ready to get started.