Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

5wks PO, and YES I regret

It does get better I promise. As far as seeing a Dr for follow UPS' date='have you called any bariatric surgeons in your area and ask them if they will see you? I know mine will,no matter where you had the surgery. [/quote']

Who is this doctor that will see me for follow ups and what city is he in? I cant find one in my area.

He's in Tucson AZ. Dr Jeffrey monash or Dr Scott welle.

Whete do you livr?? We have a support group first sat of the month at Tucson medical center.its great and one if those two surgeons is akways there

I think this emotional side of it is pretty common - you've just broken up from a major relationship with food that you've had for years. And, it wasn't exactly a healthy & sane relationship from a mental standpoint! I haven't been sleeved yet, but went through the similar process with the lap-band I had done five years ago. I missed feeling "normal" for a while. But then I had to remind myself that eating a HUGE bowl of Pasta or an entire bag of chips wasn't "normal."

"At this point I really dont care about anything else but feeling normal again."

Umm.. Overheating, being fat and unhealthy is not normal. Harsh as it sounds it's the truth. Take it from other and know it will get better. Support groups of many kind are free plus you have all of us.

I too really started to feel "normal" at about three months out. basically, we have caused a major shock to our body, then it thinks we are trying to starve it to death. It is now wonder we feel so SH*^^$ for a few weeks. Give your body time to heal. I could not even drink Water until my 5 month out anniversary. So many changes to adjust too, You will feel better, just hang in there.

I am so where u r!! 5 weeks out exhausted all the time emotional feel sick every time I put anything into my body! I keep telling my people it's like I'm Pavlov's dog I throw up with anything I put in my tummy I'm scared to eat or drink anything so I just don't. It's not how I'd like it to be but it's the truth. I wish I could nap everyday but have 4 little ones so no go. Just feel like a zombie with no energy. Makes me sad and yes regretful. And I know there is no turning back so I hold tight to the fact that one day I will feel well again. I don't mean to complain I know I made this choice blah blah blah but miss my happiness and energy.

Thank you so much guys for your encouraging words. You guys just dont know how encouraging you have been to me (oh yeah, you probably do know bc you've been there too).

I have lost 20lbs so far. I am happy about that' date=' but I honestly would rather have those 20lbs back plus some if I could turn back. I hate this new life. I'm tired of being tired. I barely eat and barely drink. Water makes me nauses. I hear of so many great stories and keep saying, maybe next week or month or year I'll be better. I am hoping that I feel different at 6mths. At this point I really dont care about anything else but feeling normal again. I am not one that had any complications. I believe all im going through is normal but when will it be over. Yeah, yeah, I'm only 5wks out but I do regret this surgery. I wish I could take it back. Oh yes, I did do plenty of research too. Another thing I regret is having my surgery in Mexico. The staff and surgeon were great but now who do I see for my followups. Email just doesn't do it for me. I dont have health insurance so I guess I just have to pull thru myself. Im sick of Protein shakes, Soups, and apple juice. I wake up each morning thinking am i gonna be able to eat and drink normal today?. Gosh I better quick because im could just go on and on the way I feel right now.[/quote']

Im only 2 weeks post op and I was feeling the same way until a few days ago my doc move me 2 mushy foods like egg. tuna cream of wheat etc! I dont know where your located but is it possible to see a local doctor because you need someone to do your followups with so maybe you should see your primary doctor because they still have knowledge of this type of surgery! Also I had a problem with Water at first and I found this water at CVS called Ice Canyon Natural Spring Water and it works like a charm! I wish you the best of luck and I pray everything gets better for you! God Bless

Wow congrats to u... I wish I could have some fish yummmmy. my surgery was 12/28 & im on stage 3 puree and im haveing a hard time I think my acid reflux is whats stoppinv me. I eat less and less everyday.. Too painful

Drink some pickle juice it works wonders with the acid reflux! Good Luck

I am almost 4 weeks out and just started regular food. I have found that tuna with lemon and mustard (made real soft) tastes good and has a lot of Protein. When it was dry it felt like it got stuck.... I also had salmon, which was too dry and I could only eat an ounce. One day at about 3 weeks I was really tired and had about a third of a 5 hour energy drink and was very energetic (it has a lot of b vitamins). I struggle with trying to get 90 grams of protein a day, but tell myself tomorrow is another day to try again. I also noticed the less calories I get, the less weight I lose. I really try for the. 600, but fail almost every day. I'm not hungry at all, but set reminders on my phone to eat and it helps. We are all here for you, just remember each day is a new opportunity to try again. You may also want to use an app called my fitness pal, it helps me challenge myself to get the protein and calories I need.

Drink some pickle juice it works wonders with the acid reflux! Good Luck

My doctor has me on Prilosec and I have not had reflux since surgery, I also had a hitas hernia repaired which also helped.