Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

PCOS sisterhood.

I am pre-op and single but I was diagnosed with PCOS at 15 and am 25 now. After being non responsive to any bc over the years and Metformin regimen for 6 months, I just about threw in the towel. Then my doctor suggested Mirena. It's not for everyone but I've had it for 18 months and have had 2 day periods every month since then. My gyn and I decided that the VSG and Mirena until I meet goal are going to be the best options I have. I'm scheduled for 4/8. I'm praying everything works out for all of us!

I have had pcos for 13 years, and never got periods on my own. Did 2 years infertility treatments before getting pregnant finally. Since surgery 6 weeks ago I have had 2 perfectly timed periods and I ovulated on my own in between. My Hair growth is mainly on my face, and I've noticed that getting better. It grows slower. Hopefully it will keep getting better....the weight hasn't been coming off super quick for me, I've lost 32 total, 14 preop & the rest in 6 weeks since surgery...I hate pcos!

I have had pcos for 13 years' date=' and never got periods on my own. Did 2 years infertility treatments before getting pregnant finally. Since surgery 6 weeks ago I have had 2 perfectly timed periods and I ovulated on my own in between. My hair growth is mainly on my face, and I've noticed that getting better. It grows slower. Hopefully it will keep getting better....the weight hasn't been coming off super quick for me, I've lost 32 total, 14 preop & the rest in 6 weeks since surgery...I hate pcos![/quote']

You took 6 weeks off?

Hello fellow PCOS SISTERS...

I am wondering what post op life is like with PCOS? My Surgery is in march' date=' I was dx in 03ish with PCOS and it's a part of life. My husband and I have no kids and we know this is our ticket to children... But as far as periods, hair growth ect... What are the changes your experiencing?[/quote']

I am 9 weeks post-op. I lost 45 pounds prior to surgery. I am down a total of 86 pounds. I never had a normal period unless it was drug induced. My husband and I even tried fertility treatments while I was at my largest (I don't know why a dr would agree to treat me when I was so unhealthy) that was 7 years ago. I gave up because I never ovulated...ever.

Well I am proud to say starting in September I have been on a NATURAL 28 day cycle like clock work. It is exciting. My non-pcos friends think I'm crazy. My facial Hair growth was an everyday task, now I can go 2-3 days with out shaving. I feel so much better. Our plan is to have another child, I have strict instructions to wait one year though.

After we stopped fertility we had a crazy opportunity to adopt a new born baby. So she wants a brother or sister before she is 6.

My main reason for the surgery was I wanted to be healthy for my child, I knew I might have regular cycles but not right away! It is amazing what this surgery can do. Even my gyn notices a difference in the appearance of my ovaries. I am also off all PCOS related meds.

Oh a little mother nature cruel joke on me, I started my period while I was being sleeved! Ugh. I hope this helps you.

Well girls. It looks like I'm the PCOS veteran around here. I am 40 y/o and have had PCOS since I was 13. My periods were never regular. Usually 2 per year with meds. They would last 30-60 days. It was horrible. We tried to conceive for 12 years w fertility treatments. We finally adopted a child w special needs. A few years ago I had a uteral ablasion to stop my periods (I had been flooding for 60 days prior). I knew I didn't want more children so I was tired of battling PCOS. Then last summer the worst pain I've ever felt knocked me to the floor. It took 3 drs and 15 trips to ER and 3 surgeries in 36 days but FINALLY they diagnosed me with Adenomyosis It's basically like endometriosis but inside the uterus. Of course I was begging for a hysterectomy by then and that's what the 3 rd surgery was. Best thing that's ever happened. Facial hair is almost completely gone. I feel better than ever. I'm no longer anemic. And I don't take any hormone supplements. I feel normal. Now to have my WLS on 2/25 so I can reclaim my body that PCOS has wrecked. It gets better girls. Hang in there.

I' date=' too, suffer from PCOS. I am 2 months post op, down 50 lbs, and have started my cycle 2 times on my own since surgery. Before surgery, I was having a period once a year (maybe). Now ive had 2 in 2 consecutive months! The first was just days after surgery so I attributed it to stress to the body. The other came exactly 28 days later and was heavy for a day or two, but otherwise normal. Here's to hoping that PCOS has met it's match!!![/quote']

Not that I'm sharing my period info, but GUESS what?!? It's here. 3 months in a row. Right on time! So exciting. I'm down 57#, sleeved 11/15/12. I am amazed at all the changes my body has made.

Thanks for all the positive outlooks... I can't wait til one day I can say... "Oh look it's time for my period" and gosh here it is.. :) awwww the simple things in life. :) cheers!

Just thought I would update on my PCOS. I am about 7 months out, have lost 104 lbs and haven't missed a cycle yet! I went to my OB last month (about ovulation time) and she saw a maturing follicle!!! So as it appears, PCOS has indeed met its match! Go Sleeve Go!!!!

I suffer from PCOS as well, I just had my surgery the 25th and I'm praying that through this we can have little ones of our own. :)

I was diagnosed with PCOS when I was 19 (the first time I went to see a Doctor for my symptoms). I had the sleeve just over a year ago, I have lost 117 pounds. In June I had my first period in over 10 years(one of 3 in my life that were not triggered by medication.) Nothing Since. No change really in my excess hair. My skin has really cleared up though. I am still hoping that my hormones straighten out. My husband and I have been trying to have children for almost 8 years.

So I have a ? Ladies with pcos we couldn't have kids before surgery so I never used protection or birth control of any kind with my boyfriend of many years. Did u start using protection after surgery. I heard we can get more fertile after surgery so I was just wondering. Have I me ruined having to use condoms for the first time since college is a pain in the a$$

So I have a ? Ladies with pcos we couldn't have kids before surgery so I never used protection or birth control of any kind with my boyfriend of many years. Did u start using protection after surgery. I heard we can get more fertile after surgery so I was just wondering. Have I me ruined having to use condoms for the first time since college is a pain in the a

I was wondering the same thing!!

Not sure about the protection. I was sleeved in November, had my first period a few days after surgery, and have have one every 28-30 days since. After years of not having them, this is nothing short of a miracle! I would venture to say that if my body is working properly, I just might be able to get pregnant. If you want to avoid that, use protection.

I'm one month post op and STARTED MY FIRST REAL PERIOD today! I was diagnosed with PCOS about 10 years ago and I'm astonished that I'm already having a normal cycle!!! I'm down 29 lbs and I'm so excited to be ovulating!!! My hubby and I have been trying for years and ended up adopting 3 years ago. For now we are just using condoms because I don't want to take any more hormones! So, we'll just see what God has in store! Either way, next summer, we'll either be trying to get pregnant or venturing into the adoption process again!

Ok girls......PCOS has meet its match.

Just confirmed that I am indeed PREGNANT!!! 5 weeks 2 days! My EDD is 4/13/14. We are so excited about this, I couldn't wait to tell our friends and family, so they all found out yesterday. I am 9 months post-op and down 123 lbs since surgery. I have PCOS and have struggled for the past 20 years with irregular cycles and fertility. We have a healthy 3.5 year old, that was conceived through treatment after 5 years. Since surgery I have had monthly cycles, every 28-30 days. This is amazing!!! I feel like my life is finally mine, and not inhibited by my weight/size. My prayers have been answered. Doing the happy dance!!!! Wooohoooo!!!

post-42998-1381366881855_thumb.jpg

post-42998-13813668819235_thumb.jpg