Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I can't deal with this stall anymore

I'm stalling right now to it's so annoying :angry: but we all do it ! I know mine is probably from me not getting enough Water in but still its annoying as heck but we will get through it! Your doing great don't give up :D

Think of it this way...the slower v you lose, the less skin you have to deal with later O:-)

We have come to far to let a stall knock us off our journey but what we should realize is that they are part of our journey that is why God gives us trials and tribulation. When my weight did a stall, I decided that I needed to shock my body because it has gotten use to my new way of eating. I whent back to the 2wk diet I had to do before surgery and increased my workout... you can do this, we didn't gain it overnight and we are not going to lose it just like that.

Hey there. I was sleeved by Dr. E too. Congrats on your weight loss. I totally feel you on the stalls. They absolutely defy logic as it relates to the whole calories in, calories burned. I am almost 7 months out and I still can't understand them. In any case get used to them because they happen. I am a pretty average loser and I am used to stalls but it does get better. Apparently it all balances out at about one year post op. I will say this for stalls and slower weight loss and it may be part slow, part genetics but my skin is pretty tight. I have the same regular 35 year old bat wings as opposed to the really noticeable ones. No offense to anyone but I'll take slower if it means tighter elasticity of skin.

Dr. E gave me a 50 bougie size (down from the 60 he uses for DS) I'm hoping that doesn't contribute to poorer results. He said he doesn't believe in the long term safety of smaller diameters. He also says many who use smaller sizes (he's seen their videos) don't staple tight to the bougie. He says he staples very tight. So it may be a wash anyway. What size did he give you?

I am feeling you! Believe me. I am in my second stall. My first one at 3 weeks, and now at six weeks. I did a little self talk this morning (my dog thought I was nuts)...I said, okay Kris time to be accountable for everything you do here on out.

Increase Fluid intake

Eat more frequently, Protein, produce...starch last

Walk/move

Stay positive

I know what you mean about the Youtube videos, it seems those people just melt before your eyes!

I am not sure if having a lower preop BMI makes a difference, but I started at 42.2 and it is now at 37.1, so I gues that is good!

Dr. E gave me a 50 bougie size (down from the 60 he uses for DS) I'm hoping that doesn't contribute to poorer results. He said he doesn't believe in the long term safety of smaller diameters. He also says many who use smaller sizes (he's seen their videos) don't staple tight to the bougie. He says he staples very tight. So it may be a wash anyway. What size did he give you?

I honestly can't remember what size he used. He told me one time. I think it was 40 but not sure. I remember thinking it was pretty large compared to the Mexican docs. In any case I don't think it matters much. I was 171 this morning and will be 7 months tomorrow. He was excellent with me and only made three incisions. I had no gas and never took any pain meds. I left Inova the next day.

Hmmm. I was out the next day too but I have 4 incisions. The bottom one is fairly long, at least an inch. The others are about a cm each.

Hmmm. I was out the next day too but I have 4 incisions. The bottom one is fairly long' date=' at least an inch. The others are about a cm each.[/quote']

Yeah the belly button one was the longest and was uncomfortable.

Without any change to my drinking I'm suddenly peeing a lot today and its clear (better than I have seen since pre-op). I'm hoping this is the beginning of the end of the stall.

I'm 3.5 months post op and have been stalled for 2+ weeks. I actually went up 2 lbs and have stayed there. I'm not eating crazy things. I have around 400-600 calories a day. Guess my body is just readjusting.

While on one hand I wish the stall would hurry up and break, I have lost 56 lbs and 2/3rds of my closet doesn't fit anymore. People are telling me I look great and I feel fantastic.

Some people just have stalls and some last longer than others.

Without any change to my drinking I'm suddenly peeing a lot today and its clear (better than I have seen since pre-op). I'm hoping this is the beginning of the end of the stall.

Yes, maybe it was. Dropped 2 pounds since yesterday morning. I hope this keeps up and isn't just a random swing. I am so ready to be done with the week 3 stall! Next couple days should tell me the answer but that is the most movement I have seen since 2012.

Mine broke a few days ago - i dropped my carbs drastically to 4-5 a day and that seemed to do the trick ?

I am getting so frustrated with my stall as well! I keep flip flopping between the same 2-3lbs... But my Dr and Nut assured me this was normal... Yesterday I dropped down 2lbs from my lowest weight so far so I am hoping this was the break in the stall!! Fingers crossed!

Sleeved on Dec 13' date=' lost 29 pre-op and 20 since. I have lost nothing since before New Years. I'm being good and doing what I am supposed to do. Mentally I can't take it. I didn't get this surgery so when I ate 600 calories for weeks on end I wouldn't lose a single pound. I could do that fine on my own eating much more before. I don't want to have to go back on liquids, that's not why I got this surgery either. I was exercising daily until a few days ago when gout hit my foot hard. How can I eat this little for this long and not lose a single pound? What about calories in vs calories out? What about my so called basal metabolic rate? Is it just trashed now? I'm seriously at my wits end. I know I'm just supposed to wait it out and be patient but in 2007 I lost over 75 pounds quickly on my own without any type of a stall like this. I see people on youtube with this surgery and they lose like crazy and look better every week or two and never mention stalls. I feel like a broken man at this point. VSG was my last hope as a tool to get fit but I feel like I've already gotten what my body is going to allow me to get out of it and I'm sitting here in extreme physical (gout) and mental (stall) pain. I know I lost a lot (most of it pre-op on my own) and I should be happy but I'm 346 and have so far yet to go... I feel like giving up.[/quote']

You actually might need to up your calories to 800, I wasn't losing weight cause my body was in starvation mode. Your over a month and exercising you probably need more.

I didn't even finish reading your post before responding. Stop getting on the scale. The Sleeve is a tool that you will use from now on. We all have stalls, I've lost 35 pounds total in 21/2 months. Things will turn around as long as you follow the plan. Don't talk yourself into being unhappy with your sleeve. It will work for you as long as you work with it. You didn't gain all your weight in 3 or 4 months and you're not going to loose it in that amount Of time either. Good things will happen soon..... And make sure you post when it does!