Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

First date is tonight!

I am having my first date after surgery today! Although I am extremely excited, I am also petrified. My confidence has risen so much since losing 48lbs since my sugery in October, 95lbs all together. I don't know if its because I like this guy alot or what, but I'm soooo nervous. We are going to a Cajun restaurant and I went online and looked at the menu, think I'm gonna have the shrimp gumbo, lol. I'm still a plus size woman, so if I just get the gumbo, he's going to think I'm trying to look skinny or something. So then this makes me ponder if I should tell him. We have only been talking for about two weeks....Also, I have been having some body image issues, I feel like my skin is sagging and my whole body is droopy, ugh. So this makes me want to cancel cause I feel like nothing looks good on my body.

It's disappointing because I felt amazing during the holidays, I went out with friends, went dancing, saw old loves for revenge, lol, and though I was hot stuff. All of a sudden as the week ended, I started having these thoughts. Maybe it's butterflies or probably just a case of pond. Please give me done insight on dating after wls!

Sent from my iPhone using VST

Let your personality shine through. Its good to go out and enjoy yourself and no one really cares about your diet, it starts to get in our head that they will be forming opinions, its easier to stand up for the truth and say healthy eating is extremely important to you and let it be. If you need to take home a doggy bag then do it. Don't say you are worried about your loose skin...you can address that way later if you become seriously involved. Put on your spanks and go out banging sister. Let your radiance shine and put a big confident smile on that face!!!

95lbs all together.. I'm still a plus size woman been talking for about two weeks..

MiniMo

WooHoo - down 95 lbs starting with pre-op - terrific - betcha you look great

kudos on going online and checking your good choice to eat from the menu :)

knowing and talking to this guy for a couple of weeks - IMO i wouldn't mention the WLS yet - if he brings your weight up - thats a dilema we all face

you have choices - you can say "I'm on a diet,? trying to lose weight, I'm exercising eating less - you could leave it at one of the above

should i or shouldn't i mention surgery??? your choice kiddo :mellow:

if this was me - knowing someone for 2 weeks i wouldn't mention the surgery

don't assume that because you chose not to eat much he will think you are "trying to look skinny" ???

he asked YOU out - so he obviously wants to be with you - he likes what he sees :)

still "plus size"?? aren't we all for awhile during this weight loss process

but thats ok, because we are working hard, eating small portions and doing great one day at a time

have a great time - try not to be toooooo nervous - easier said than done :blink:

keep doing what you are doing - its obviously working ;)

congrats

take care :)

I am having my first date after surgery today! Although I am extremely excited' date=' I am also petrified. My confidence has risen so much since losing 48lbs since my sugery in October, 95lbs all together. I don't know if its because I like this guy alot or what, but I'm soooo nervous. We are going to a Cajun restaurant and I went online and looked at the menu, think I'm gonna have the shrimp gumbo, lol. I'm still a plus size woman, so if I just get the gumbo, he's going to think I'm trying to look skinny or something. So then this makes me ponder if I should tell him. We have only been talking for about two weeks....Also, I have been having some body image issues, I feel like my skin is sagging and my whole body is droopy, ugh. So this makes me want to cancel cause I feel like nothing looks good on my body.

It's disappointing because I felt amazing during the holidays, I went out with friends, went dancing, saw old loves for revenge, lol, and though I was hot stuff. All of a sudden as the week ended, I started having these thoughts. Maybe it's butterflies or probably just a case of pond. Please give me done insight on dating after wls!

Sent from my iPhone using VST[/quote']

Hope u have fun:)

The date was more than amazing. I didn't tell him about the surgery and I wasn't worried about the food because we talked so much. Guess I was worried for nothing. We even had another date the next day and shared a plate. I found something that I was comfortable in to wear and I looked great.

Thank you guys so much for your kind words and advice!!

post-41464-13813662212919_thumb.jpg

Told you B)

Congrats, btw your looking pretty good there. With the new year and all it is not unusual for people to eat less, so I'm sure you will continue to do fine. Best of luck to you.

Well congrat's on the weight loss first and foremost and then congrat's on putting yourself out there and dating! You look great and you should be confident and proud of yourself! Glad it went well too. :)

Congratulations on your loss! You look great, girl!! I started seeing a guy shortly after my surgery, I really struggled with when to tell him about it. Most if not all of our dates were centered around eating/drinking. I finally got up the nerve 3 months into dating, and his reaction was pretty much a non-reaction. Lol. In my head I had played out the worst case scenario. Anyway, we are going strong 6 months into our relationship...if anything I'm a much cheaper date, now that he knows. :-)

Thank You!! Things are going great. After our dinner date, we went for a two hour walk in the park Monday afternoon. Exercise for the day! Yay!