Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I didn't anticipate how slow a process this would be....

I am a realistic person, really I am. Pragmatic even....but these stalls every few weeks are just the most aggravating thing.

3 week stall, then five lbs off

I am at another stall (sleeved 11.28)....where I sit at 216 (down from 246 initial weight, then 236 one week preop).

I am eating enough, not too much, not too little. I have to admit I am lucky to get in 40 ounces of Fluid each day, not the requisite 60 ounces then recommend.

I just need reassurance that this is completely normal, and this follows similar paths to a lot of post op patients.

I guess if I know by the summer, I should have at least another 40 lbs off, I would breathe a huge sigh of relief.

But there are no guarantees, are there?

I am experiencing the same as you!! Big drop in first couple of weeks. Then 3-4 week stall, drop of 5, then 3 week stall, drop of 5. Talked to my doc and he said I was doing fine! Ok! The weight didn't pile on overnight, and it's not coming off that way, either. Everyone is different, and progresses at their own speed. Don't be too hard on yourself-- I am impatient too!!! Just keep doing what you are doing!

I've been a slower loser too. I certainly think if you increased your Water you'd see some real movement.

KK66..........this sounds fairly normal for sleeve patients. I think if you are mostly doing what your told on how many macro-nutrients (protein, carbs, fat), Water (sounds like you are close to getting in your 60 ounces), taking your time eating, etc....you'll be just fine. You are still pretty fresh from surgery, so I'm not sure how much you are exercising, if any. Most of us experienced the same worries at a month and a half out, and some still do even several months out. My recommendation would be to comply the best you can with your drs instructions, sit back and enjoy the ride and a healthier you. Not sure how often you weigh yourself, but I would caution you against weighing daily or even multiple times a week.......you'll drive yourself nuts when you hit a stall, we've all done it. I know I did early on. To answer your last question, I'm not aware of any money back guarantees from the surgeons. Maybe there are some out there, but it seems like there are too many ways to sabotage one's surgery and not lose weight, but it seems a patient would have to try and go against all dr recommendations to do that. But if you stick relatively close to your guidelines, you should be just fine. Good luck and keep us posted!

I'm in the same boat. Sleeved on 11/12/12 and dropped 15 lbs really fast. Then stalled out for 2 weeks; actually gained weight - all Water - had to go back on blood pressure meds since I was retaining so much water. Once that kicked in I dropped 15 lbs really fast after that. I'm 8 weeks out and stalled out -- again! It's very frustrating and there are days I'm not sure what I'm doing.

Normal is pretty subjective in this case, we all have different weights, body types, metabolism, etc. Stay the course, and track everything and show your NUT if you want to see where you can improve. Do you use My fitness pal?

I am a realistic person' date=' really I am. Pragmatic even....but these stalls every few weeks are just the most aggravating thing.

3 week stall, then five lbs off

I am at another stall (sleeved 11.28)....where I sit at 216 (down from 246 initial weight, then 236 one week preop).

I am eating enough, not too much, not too little. I have to admit I am lucky to get in 40 ounces of Fluid each day, not the requisite 60 ounces then recommend.

I just need reassurance that this is completely normal, and this follows similar paths to a lot of post op patients.

I guess if I know by the summer, I should have at least another 40 lbs off, I would breathe a huge sigh of relief.

But there are no guarantees, are there?[/quote']

Guess where I'm at today? It's 9:25 a.m. And I'm in bed... I have done my tracking, exercise, Water and I'm just not really losing! I try to be nice to myself and say its ok. I see others that had surgery the same time as me (11-13-12) with gigantic losses and say its ok "I'm just a slow loser" or they were bigger or younger... But the truth of the matter is I want to be like them. Posting with smiley faces about big numbers coming off. My husband just left but before leaving he told me its ok those people probably ate a lot more than you. So 600 or 700 hundred calories is a shock and they will lose. But I ate a lot too!! Duh I ate healthy foods but a lot of them! Some days are hard and this is one of them. I can't help but feel like I'm failing. No smiley face today :(

I was hovering around 40 oz of fluids daily and seeing similar weight losses....lose a bit, then stall for a few weeks, lose a bit more, stall...which isn't the end of the world, but yesterday I decided I have to get behind this Fluid issue and get them up. Fluid flushes your kidneys out which allows them the ability to process more fat (that means get it through and out of your system). I drank my 64 oz yesterday, AND Had Pasta and wine...and lost half a pound overnight. Today I will be eating better (wednesday is spaghetti night for us) and drinking 64 oz again :) I also struggle with Protein so that's another focus I have to have always in sight. Both are really important in the weight loss game!

I don't use my fitness pal, but probably should. I am def increasing my fluids!

Thanks everyone!

Guess where I'm at today? It's 9:25 a.m. And I'm in bed... I have done my tracking, exercise, Water and I'm just not really losing! I try to be nice to myself and say its ok. I see others that had surgery the same time as me (11-13-12) with gigantic losses and say its ok "I'm just a slow loser" or they were bigger or younger... But the truth of the matter is I want to be like them. Posting with smiley faces about big numbers coming off. My husband just left but before leaving he told me its ok those people probably ate a lot more than you. So 600 or 700 hundred calories is a shock and they will lose. But I ate a lot too!! Duh I ate healthy foods but a lot of them! Some days are hard and this is one of them. I can't help but feel like I'm failing. No smiley face today :(

this is exactly how i feel today..

surgery was 10/23. just feels bad.

I totally understand how you feel. Even though I was told many times that the sleeve is just a tool to help with the weight loss, I somehow thought the weight would come off a lot faster. Were it not for this forum, I would have freaked out when I hit my first stall.

Good luck. Hang in there!

Hi

I lost weight only once a month.Stall for 3 weeks drop 8-10 pounds,stall for 3 weeks.My longest stall was 7 weeks at 5 months out.I WAS FREAKED OUT ALL THE TIME!

After the 7 week stall I decided to just back off,make some rules,follow them and believe that I would lose if I do the right things.

The rules were 1. track calories,carbs,proteins every single day. 2. No drinking 30 min after eating. 3. 5 small meals per day and some Sf popcicles for snack at night.

4.Staying on plan 90% of the time. 5. To start laughing at the scale.It wanted to ruin my life but I started finding it funny that I was obvioulsy shrinking and the scale would be EXACTLY the same,morning noon and night for weeks on end.After a while it just didnt matter and I looked forward to the day I had the big drop...lol

My year was very difficult because of the stupid scale.I wish I listened to people that said do the right things and stop obsessing.My life would have been so much easier.

Most of you will lose the weight.There is always some people that cannot be completely truthful with themselves and they dont lose a lot of weight until they change that.But if you are doing the right things you can just as well relax and start enjoying the ride.It will happen.If the self doubt starts,look at your food tracker and relax.It will work.Be patient and exercise to get good muscle tone.

This is sooo hard for some of us.Dont compare yourself.I thought I was a slow loser and now at 10 months I know that 127 pounds in 10 months cannot possibly be slow.

O,and blog.It really helps.You can see patterns clearly when you read older blog posts you've made...it really makes me smile today.I must have seem like an insane obsessed maniac at times.

Good luck to all of you and just keep plodding along....at 10 months you will see what I am talking about when you post your fabulous weight loss.A lot will be at goal then.