Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hair loss blues...baldness

Well, I am six months out and I've loss 2/3 of my hair. I have a bob style hair cut but I clip it back, because my hair is so thin that it sticks out to the sides because there is absolutely no wweight to it. You can see my scalp from all angels. My doc says that as long as I keep the 80 gr of Protein it should come back. I didn't have much hair to begin with, so its pretty bad. I expected the hairloss, but its still hard because it feels I can't do anything about it. Too thin for a pixie cut (then you would see my scalp ALL the time said my dresser) and too thin for hair extentions. Seems so unbelievable that it will come back. I don't see any signs of it. If this continues I literally will be completely bald and I am not exagerating. All in all, I'd do it again.

A friend of mine went through the same thing and got the cutest wig! I couldn't believe how great it looked. That's what I am gonna do if I go through Hair loss. Good luck to you!

I lost a bunch of hair 5-6 months after major surgery 18 months ago- it freaked me out but grew back. I am not looking forward to losing it again, however....I do tell myself it is only hair, and many people have lost theirs for more serious reasons than WLS....helps me to keep it in perspective.

I'm going thru the SAME THING! I started losing my hair about 3 months and it shows no signs of stopping. Chunks of hair falling out everyday in the shower ugh I'm so scared. I feel it was my fault because I did not keep up on my Protein and Vitamins in the beginning. Did you?

I have the same problem. I had pcos so my hair was already thin. Luckily my Hair loss stopped at 8 months. I do use a product called Xfusion, it is sold at Sally's. just for the record I have no financial relationship with the product or the store. It does not really help with regrowth, but it does help cover the scalp. It is very natural looking, and I've not gone without it since I've discovered it. Google the product and learn more no one has been able to tell my hair loss, because of this. Good luck to you.

Make sure to have your hairdresser put in highlights that are very strategically placed for fullness-look trick and this will help while you go through this transition.....

I went through the same thing several years ago and it was very Tramatic.... I had handfuls of hair just coming out daily and eventually it did grow back.... I am on 5,000 mg of Biotin and it really helps a lot once I started taking the biotin every single day, without fail... it took a while for the biotin to work but eventually hair is all back now.

Keep up the Protein and get all Vitamins in, I hear after this surgery, its common but come back, dont use heavy styling products to weigh it down or clog pores...

And do not start minoxidil until your sure you can use it daily, hairloss from this surgery is temporary...once you start minoxidil, you cannot stop!!

I get about 60 grams of Protein per day do you think upping it to 80 will help prevent Hair loss? I am taking 5,000 Biotin religiously. My hair was thin to begin with and I am just reaching the three month mark and am afraid the loss is going to worsen. It has definitely been coming out already but if it gets worse I can't imagine. So wondering if I should up the protein. I get about 600 - 700 calories a day.

It's gonna happen to most people. Get your Protein in as directed, but I took in 100 grams and still lost hair. I didn't start losing it until about 6 months out. It never fell out in chunks, just one dang hair at a time. Luckily my hair was already too thick, so most folks don't even notice that it's thinner. I do though and I can't wait to get my thick hair back. At almost 10 months, no sign yet of regrowth. I take Biotin and all my other supplements, and still get lots of protein, so I trust in time it will come back.

Eat healthy, get Protein and take your Vitamins. I think color and cut is really all you can do. You body is spending time putting the energy into healing and adjusting... not making that frivolous hair! Try telling it we love our frivolous hair! Notice Im wearing a hat in my pic. I lost about 30% ,and at 2 years it is growing back, but is still 2 inches or less long, and a little thin texture wise. It is STILL falling out as well. Many here have had full hair growback, so I still hope for this. I also went through menopause, so that migth be part of the hair texture thing. No one else has really said anything or noticed...its just me that notices the most. It is still so worth it!

I have the same problem. I had pcos so my hair was already thin. Luckily my Hair loss stopped at 8 months. I do use a product called Xfusion, it is sold at Sally's. just for the record I have no financial relationship with the product or the store. It does not really help with regrowth, but it does help cover the scalp. It is very natural looking, and I've not gone without it since I've discovered it. Google the product and learn more no one has been able to tell my hair loss, because of this. Good luck to you.

Thanks chitowngirl...I'm going to Sally's tomorrow

I started noticing light Hair loss around 6 months and at 7 months there was no denying it. Everytime I showered the drain would clog up with my hair and the Water would be just over the top of my feet due to nondrainage. Tehn when I combed it out another handful would come out. At 10 months out I noticed there was no more pooling of water around my feet. There is still a little but not enough to clog the drain. I'm almost 13 months out and haven't noticed any regrowth yet. I'd say I've lost 1/2 the thickness of my hair. I bought a wig but it hurts my head to wear it all day so I rarely wear it. I just fix it the best way I can to limit how thin it looks and hope for the best. I'm holding on to what everyone says about it eventually coming back!

Between month 4 and 8 I lost about half of my hair.Then the hairloss stopped.

For the past 3 weeks I was on holiday,added carbs to my diet,didnt track my Protein and the hair is falling out worse than before.This morning I almost flooded the bathroom as I didnt notice the hair completely blocking the shower.The kids have also started commenting on my flying hair again.( when the a/c is on in the car the hair is flying out of my head and it really bugs my kids...lol)

This was quite unexpected as I did eat some Protein with most meals.

Focussing on protein again now and will start taking Biotin again.But other than that there is nothing much we can do but wait for it to grow back.

Well, I am six months out and I've loss 2/3 of my hair. I have a bob style hair cut but I clip it back, because my hair is so thin that it sticks out to the sides because there is absolutely no wweight to it. You can see my scalp from all angels. My doc says that as long as I keep the 80 gr of Protein it should come back. I didn't have much hair to begin with, so its pretty bad. I expected the hairloss, but its still hard because it feels I can't do anything about it. Too thin for a pixie cut (then you would see my scalp ALL the time said my dresser) and too thin for hair extentions. Seems so unbelievable that it will come back. I don't see any signs of it. If this continues I literally will be completely bald and I am not exagerating. All in all, I'd do it again.

most important line: All in all, I'd do it again