Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Harry Potter Anyone???

Darn - I just stood in line at Borders for 2 hours for naught. The movie theatre I was planning on going to tonight is actually paired up with a bookstore to make an evening of it. The tickets are $65 but include the price of the book, $10 in "concessions" and seats in the VIP aldults only balcony section of the theatre complete with pub food & alcoholic drinks delivered to your seat by a waitress.

I was already planning on going there tonight but didn't know they were going to have books right there ready for pickup after the movie gets over at midnight.

Still wish me luck as I have a "date" with my DH at 4:30pm today while our toddler has an evening pizza party at the preschool. My plan is to have fun on our date pick up the son, put him to bed and convince my hubby to let me out of the house in time for the movie which starts at 9pm. Suppose if all else fails I do still have my place in line at Borders.

PFfftfhthththttt!!! I ordered mine online for delivery and I still don't have it!!!!!!

ARRGGHHH!!!!

And today is my f--king birthday, too! Son of a Biotch!

Oh well, I guess I will re-read 6 while I'm waiting.

:happybday:Happy Belated Birthday Faith!!:( :(

Hope you got your copy by now. I finished mine Sunday afternoon.:nerd: No spoilers from me, but I do have to say..:censored:! After I finish a Dune Series by Herberts son I've been working on I may just have to dig up all my HP books and start over again.

I did make it to the Potter party at the movie theatre in the end.:pop2:

It was great fun! I was the 3rd person to get my book!:whoo::nerd:

And I loved the movie though the constant supply of "Swamp Water" :cocktail::cocktail::cocktail:they delivered to my seat in the balcony from the theatre's bar may have helped. I'm getting too old for the late nights out though. I'm frequently up at home after midnight but at the theatre it was all I could take not to fall asleep :notagree during the 20 minute wait after the movie and before we could get in line for our books.

Everyone post when they are done so we can start talking about it.

I ended up going and buying one on Saturday. Have I opened it yet? Nope. I'm still rereading 6 first.

When the one comes in the mail, I can return it to the store for full refund (or that's what they told me when I called to complain).

I cheated and looked at the very last page, so I know at least a tiny bit. But I stopped myself from reading the ending, ending. I'll come back when I'm done with it, promise!

Another belated b'day Faith! :happybday2: I can't wait until everyone's finished reading. So much to discuss...

Almost done, I also requested the audio book from the library, I made a copy and I am returning it today so that someone else can enjoy it. Anyone listened to the audio books yet? They are read by Jim Dale and he is great. He does voices for everyone and really sucks you into the plot. ~Mandy

I've listened to ALL the HP audio books. Jim Dale is amazing. I can't imagine reading them would be 1/2 as good as listening to them... With all the long, unfamiliar and strange names, elaborate spells, ingredients, etc... I know I'd just skip over them as I read----

Dale does amazing narration... His voice changes are unbelievable! :clap2:

I'm on disc 11 of 17, and LOVING this book... wish I were home today listening instead of at work!!!

:ranger: Katie

BELATED HAPPY BDAY FAITH!

Loved them both-the latest movie and book!!

Just finished the book, wow! ~Mandy

I LOVE HP!!! I just finished the book too- AHH I'm sad its over, but happy to know the ending!

I finished the book (#7) too (audio)... and am starting all over again! It has been an amazing journey w/Harry, Hermione, Ron et al.... I'm in awe of Jim Dale (narrator, "voice actor") and JK Rowling! WOW!

Did anyone hear that she is writing an encyclapedia for the series, it will include the back story (she says Dean Thomas has a very interesting past) and the whole story of their lives post Deathly Hallows. I got the info from MuggleNet | The ULTIMATE Harry Potter Site - Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, JK Rowling, rumors, news, forums, images, video, and more! ~Mandy

I finished the book a couple days ago. Wonderful read. I didn't get into Harry Potter until the 5th or 6th book came out even though I love fantasy books. I was also so happy to have read a long series of fantasy books, and gotten an ending.(I'm looking at YOU Robert Jorden!)