Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Harry Potter Anyone???

My hubby and I saw ootp last night and it was good but not great. I really think that Emma Watson was very very uninspired. She seemed to be reading a scipt rather than playing the part. I was disappointed in her preformance. I also had a different picture in my mind of Umbridge. ~Mandy

I hate to tell you all that I am not nearly as excited to see this movie as I had been two weeks ago. I just read a review today, and while not horrible, there was something mentioned that had me totally floored. Apparently this movie (OOTP) is the SHORTEST of all the movies so far??????????? How in the HELL can the longest book at well over 850 pages be condensed and written well and still touch on all the important points? Let me guess, no Grawp? No exploding fireworks when Fred and George leave? Maybe they even cut that part out? Not much Quidditch?

I'll go see it Tuesday night at the IMAX and by then it will have cost me $52 to see this movie. Sheesh! (I bought a ticket for me and DH at the IMAX for Thursday night and couldn't go-$26 no refunds, no exchanges)

Faith, spoilers ahead....read at your own risk. ~Mandy

there is Gwarp, and fireworks. No quidditch....

Grawp was barely there. And the fireworks...well could ahve been a little bit better. As for what happened when they went to get the prophecy from the Dept of Mysteries....well once you see it come back and we can discuss my huge issue with that.

Grawp was barely there. And the fireworks...well could ahve been a little bit better. As for what happened when they went to get the prophecy from the Dept of Mysteries....well once you see it come back and we can discuss my huge issue with that.

Huge mistakes were made...I agree. I did however LOVE the Dept of Mysteries building, and the special effects were great. That would ROCK in 3-D ~Mandy

Okay, it DID rock in 3D. But GOOD GOD I cannot stand OOTP as a Harry Potter Movie. As just a fantasy-type movie it would have been cool, but too much liberty was taken, WAAAAAAYYYY too much.

I'm aghast.

When did the 3-d kick in? ~Mandy

Is anyone else so excited that we only have less than 3 days to find out how it all ends? I am excited but a little depressed too.

I won't have time to read the book until sun, please no spoilers........I have to work friday and sat. it's killing me. ~Mandy

Just found this site. Don't know why I didn't search this out sooner. Should have known there were other banded Harryfiles out there.

I am so excited about tonight. I still haven't seen the new movie. DH & I were on vacation this last week. He thinks I'm nuts over the whole Harry thing and hasn't read a single book. But I've made plans to go to a 21+ movie theatre with seat side bar service at 9pm tonight to watch the movie then straight to Borders to pick up my book at midnight. Skipped out of work for 2 hours this morning to secure my place near the front of the line tonight. Thought I'd be one of the few to turn up right at 9am to get my arm band for tonights line-up. Silly me, there were nearly 150 people ahead of me with a line extending out and 1/2 round the building. I'd told work I was ferrying my husband to a repair shop with his truck. Then the bugger decided to call work to talk to me. HE NEVER CALLS MY WORK LINE! Boy, I had a bit of explaining to do when I got back to work. But it was still worth it.

Dumbledore - would love for him to be alive. And for Sirius to come back perhaps as a ghost. There are enough other characters significant and otherwise that die that I don't think it would hurt for one of these to play a role in the end.

Future books - I know she says she won't write more but maybe someday she'll either pick up the pen again or authorize someone else to do it for her. There are a few precedents for that for example Isaac Asimov swore he wouldn't write anymore Foundation books then penned several more. And Frank Herbert's son went on to write two more series of books on the Dune theme in colaboration with other authors.

The next Potter series I'd love to see would actually be one focusing on the years his parents went through Hogwarts rather than Harry's life after school. Imagine the fun that could be had exploring those years, with a young Hagrid, Snape and perhaps even a "likeable" Voldemort whom we find we are hoping against hope won't turn bad even though we all know he does.

When did the 3-d kick in? ~Mandy

Just as they were geting ready to head to the Ministry of Magic and ended as they were back in Dumbledore's office. The whole Department of Mysteries and fight in the Ministry was in 3D. It was pretty good but soooooo much was left out of that, too.

I'm just sooooo annoyed with it as a Harry Potter movie. And to think it cost me $52 to see it once all was said and done. (I had purchased tickets to see it last week at $13 each and couldn't go, so by the time I bought a second pair of tickets to the IMAX it totalled $52.)

I'm noticing that more and more reporters are calling the current series Harry Potter and the Hogwarts Years. I wonder if that's telling at all?

I'm noticing that more and more reporters are calling the current series Harry Potter and the Hogwarts Years. I wonder if that's telling at all?

Hmmm.... Interesting, Very Interesting.

my biggest dilemma... do I go stand in line tonight for my audio book... or wait until day light!

Snape: Good or Evil !!! ???

Does Harry Die???????????

... the audio books are AMAZING! Jim Dale --- I LOVE YOU!!!

Katie