Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Things I LOVE about my sleeve!

There are so many things I love about my new sleeve! I thought it might be nice for us to share them so people who are looking into surgery can see.

1. I ate all my fav things (just a spoonful) over the holidays and still lost weight!

2. I can go up the stairs without running out of breath.

3. Crossing my legs!

4. Portion Control is So easy!!!!

5. I never feel deprived.

6. I can walk over 2 miles a day easily and I am only 4 months out.

7. I see my reflection in a window and don't wonder who it is!

8. Sex...OMG

9. I have tons of energy. No more couch potato for me!

10. People sometimes do not recognize me.

11. I was told I look like my graduation picture. (I'm 48)

12. Not afraid of the camera and I am only 1/2 way to goal.

The list goes on and on but those are some I can think of off the top of my head.

What are your favorite things?????

I don't have a lot but...

1. Completely off of Actos
  2. Cut 500mg off of Metformin
  3. Lost 3 pounds over the holidays (a first)
  4. Started Couch to 5k with a goal to run with my girls.

These were some big goals for me, to get completely off the meds (still have several to go). . I truly am not too worried about how I look or how others look at me. Didn't bother me when I was big, doesn't really matter to me now. The big thing for me is the healthy part.

OMG How could I have forgotten the meds!! I am off my high blood pressure meds. Such a great feeling! I would like to get off my fibromyalgia meds. They are my next goal!

Thank you suepeeps for this thread! There are so many things I love! I'm 3 1/2 months out and down 4 sizes and right at 50 lbs!

I love:

1. That I'm not concerned about food or what my next meal will be! (Other than all the planning I do to make sure I have the right food with me)

2. The money that I am now saving on eating out (hubby and I split a lot or I just have lots of leftovers)

3. Shopping in the regular size clothing in a store!!! The first time it felt like someone was going to kick me out, but then the clothes fit!

4. Crossing my legs

5. Now, instead of running from the camera, I hand it to my hubby and tell him to take the pic of me and the kids!

6. Stopping eating when I am full, and no desire for the sugar I used to eat!

7. More energy!

Love my sleeve!

I am thankful for several things with my sleeve...

1. No more diabetes meds at all

2. Losing almost 70 pounds in under 4 months, currently the lowest weight I've been in over 10 years but still have a long way to go,

3. Shopping in a regular store and buying pants 6 sizes smaller. Still working on buying new shirts.

7. The sex????woohoo!

I love:

That eating the right foods was never my problem, just the amount. So with the sleeve I didn't have to change what I eat and Portion Control is so easy!

That I didn't gain 10 pounds over the holidays!

I can do Zumba and not skip the jumping parts!

I fit into pre pregnancy clothes!

I'm still early out, so that's it for now.

Oh great thread!

1. I can go shopping in my own closet and am wearing clothes I saved in case I ever actually lost the weight.

2. I can walk around without running out of breath doing something as simple as a walk into a building from the parking lot.

3. On the topic of walking ...uh who is this crazy person going for several laps around her complex and it isn't a horrible struggle?!

4. To that point, who also is this crazy person that has so much energy she keeps finding chores to do around the house because she doesn't like to sit on the couch any more?!

5. Agree with the above posters -- the sex!

6. My sleevie has kept me on a healthy lifestyle for over 6 months, which is twice as long as I've ever gone before.

7. While still losing weight, I am at a weight I haven't been at in 10 years and still going!

Shopped in the regular size clothes today. Not sure what to think of all the choices! I wish I knew what size I will be. The clearance racks are awesome right now!

There are so many things I love about my new sleeve! I thought it might be nice for us to share them so people who are looking into surgery can see.

1. I ate all my fav things (just a spoonful) over the holidays and still lost weight!

2. I can go up the stairs without running out of breath.

3. Crossing my legs!

4. Portion Control is So easy!!!!

5. I never feel deprived.

6. I can walk over 2 miles a day easily and I am only 4 months out.

7. I see my reflection in a window and don't wonder who it is!

8. Sex...OMG

9. I have tons of energy. No more couch potato for me!

10. People sometimes do not recognize me.

11. I was told I look like my graduation picture. (I'm 48)

12. Not afraid of the camera and I am only 1/2 way to goal.

The list goes on and on but those are some I can think of off the top of my head.

What are your favorite things?????

Omg this is motivation right here...i need it :-( I know the sleeve won't change things but it will make me healthier n happier..glad to know ur doing great! I needed this...can't wait to get on board

OMG How could I have forgotten the meds!! I am off my high blood pressure meds. Such a great feeling! I would like to get off my fibromyalgia meds. They are my next goal!

Suepeeps- did your surgery complicate your fibromyalgia? My mom has wanted to do the surgery but thought the surgery might induce havoc on her already painful body. Thx;)

Omg this is motivation right here...i need it :-( I know the sleeve won't change things but it will make me healthier n happier..glad to know ur doing great! I needed this...can't wait to get on board

Thank you so much for this post...Getting sleeved on 1/14 and I have stop reading the post because I was having second thought do to the negative pro-op comments...some comments are just making me so nervous! My goal is to get of the meds, weight lossvand get my life on track. I know it won't be easy but I see the positive outcome on my surgery ...

Suepeeps- did your surgery complicate your fibromyalgia? My mom has wanted to do the surgery but thought the surgery might induce havoc on her already painful body. Thx;)

Funny you should ask that...I was just saying to someone today "the surgery was a piece of cake. When you live with pain you hardly notice the pain from surgery " I had a bit of a flareup but it was no worse than a rough day and totally worth it.

I am on the guaifensin Protocol to reverse fibro I did go off it for a couple of months after surgery. So happy to be back on it again.

Thank you so much for this post...Getting sleeved on 1/14 and I have stop reading the post because I was having second thought do to the negative pro-op comments...some comments are just making me so nervous! My goal is to get of the meds' date=' weight lossvand get my life on track. I know it won't be easy but I see the positive outcome on my surgery ...[/quote']

Are u on your pre op liquid diet yet? If so, are you having cravings and head hunger? Im so excited...i really want to have this done right away.

Yes I am on my pre-op liquid diet and I am seriously hungry all the time....Thank God I am managing to keep it under control.

Wow...I think that's going to be the hardest part for me. I really want do a good Job but Im scared my hunger will win. Good luck ..this is such an exciting time for you. .woohoo :-)