Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Things I LOVE about my sleeve!

Wow this post is awesome. I am such a wreck thinking about the worst possible thing that can happen when I get surgery. I have my pre op appt on the 15th of this month and should be getting a surgery date then. I was so scared. But when I read this post it really calm me down and inspired me to keep going. Thank you to all who posted.

Im on the same boat...eager to get it done....but scared of what might happen...Good luck and stay positive ..like we Latin ppl say...no hay mal Que por bien no venga :-) weeppaa

1. Love that I have hope.

2. Love that I can look forward to trips to the beach or have pool parties and not stress about how to camo my body.

3. Love that I will no longer hide from the camera.

4. Love that I no longer beat myself up for over eating.

5. Love knowing someday I WILL share clothes with my girls.

6. Love looking forward to shopping trips with my friends when I can shop in the same stores.

Wow, you just brought tears to my eyes bc other than fitting into my girls clothes ( I have 3 boys) you just said everything I want to be able to do! I can't wait for Jan 24th to get here so I can start my new me life!!!

Wow' date=' you just brought tears to my eyes bc other than fitting into my girls clothes ( I have 3 boys) you just said everything I want to be able to do! I can't wait for Jan 24th to get here so I can start my new me life!!![/quote']

Aww.. Thanks. On Valentines Day you will feel like a new person!! You will have lost around 20 lbs and your energy will be back up. Jan 24th will be here very soon! Best of luck. I think you will be surprised how easy it goes.

I had my sleeve on Tusday February 26, I have not eating anything yet but I 'm not hungry. I thing this going to work!!!

putting on socks is getting easier!

my blood pressure which was borderline now perfect...

my moderate also apnea Will go...maybe it's

my boys and husband and rest if my people are excited i have finally this

Funny you should ask that...I was just saying to someone today "the surgery was a piece of cake. When you live with pain you hardly notice the pain from surgery " I had a bit of a flareup but it was no worse than a rough day and totally worth it.

I am on the guaifensin Protocol to reverse fibro I did go off it for a couple of months after surgery. So happy to be back on it again.

That's great to hear. I also have Fibromyalgia, and was concerned about the pain of surgery. But I'm so achy in general, what's a little more. I'm not currently taking any fibro meds because they made me gain weight, and didn't really help the pain.

I'm still pre op, but what a great post! So far I like to hear from all the wonderful people on this forum that I can relate to!

I love that I like myself again!!! I love clothes shopping now, and looking in the dressing room mirror and having things fit and look great. I love having to get all my rings sized down so they will stop falling off my fingers!

I don't have a lot but...

[*]Completely off of Actos

[*]Cut 500mg off of Metformin

[*]Lost 3 pounds over the holidays (a first)

[*]Started Couch to 5k with a goal to run with my girls.

These were some big goals for me' date=' to get completely off the meds (still have several to go). . I truly am not too worried about how I look or how others look at me. Didn't bother me when I was big, doesn't really matter to me now. The big thing for me is the healthy part.[/quote']

One week out I am off Amaryl, Actos,Victoza, Lantus and benicar! Ah-maz-ing

Suepeeps- did your surgery complicate your fibromyalgia? My mom has wanted to do the surgery but thought the surgery might induce havoc on her already painful body. Thx;)

I own a nail salon and a lot of my clients complain of Fibro. My aunt and mom also suffer from Fibro. Here is some great lotion I've found and everyone I've reccomend it to loves it. It really works.

post-47645-13813663536424_thumb.png

I own a nail salon and a lot of my clients complain of Fibro. My aunt and mom also suffer from Fibro. Here is some great lotion I've found and everyone I've reccomend it to loves it. It really works.

Did we leave something out?

Suepeeps- did your surgery complicate your fibromyalgia? My mom has wanted to do the surgery but thought the surgery might induce havoc on her already painful body. Thx;)

I don't have fibro, but ankylosing spondylitis....was worried about a flare and had just the opposite! In leas than 2 weeks my psoriasis has cleared and I've been on humira for a year! My neck and back have hardly hurt! I've been mostly pain free for almost 2 weeks! The surgery pain is Sooooo minimal too! I am 10 days out and feel completely normal! Like I've not had surgery!!!!! Amazing!

post-47645-13813663536424_thumb.png

I just ordered that lotion, I'm curious to try it out. Thanks for the tip.

Jennifer

The surgery was fine. Of course the weight loss has helped a lot. I did go off my fibro treatment for a while as the pill was so big. No big flare ups at all. I always feel better when I exercise and that is much easier now. Best decision I have ever made!