Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My husband just threatened to buy me an electric blanket to use when I am watching tv so I don't roast out the whole house. 3 weeks out and have been cold since surgery.

You should let him! I am under my electric throw right now. I LOVE it. So, I am pre-op and cold all the time now. I can't imagine this getting worse, but I'm sure it will. My dad was the same way and so are my siblings. I think we have poor circulation.

Ha ha! My husband bought me two blankets for Christmas - electric for our bed and a cozy fleece one for the living room! I used to sleep in just a tank top, 12 months out of the year, summer & winter. Now I'm in sweats, long sleeve sand sometimes my robe over that, with socks! (No wonder he bought the blanket!) I too can't wait to see how I fare over the summer months. My birthday dinner last July was hideous - it was raining so they had the A/C off, after one sip of a coctail I was sweating profusely- makeup running off, nice hair-do flung up into a pony tail, the pits! (When to WLS open house the very next day and changed my life from there!)

Less calories mean your body doesn't have enough fuel to keep you warm and your losing insulation and your not used to it. This should resolve somewhat when you can eat 1200-1500 calories a day but losing fat is an adjustment you have to get used to. Remember when all the "skinny" people were cold and we weren't? Ha!

Yup, me too! I'm always freezing! My husband calls me his little ice cube now!! I have 4 heavy blankets on the bed and still sleep all bundled up including socks! He says I'm trying to roast him! LOL Cant' get warm at all. I know it's winter but with big fuzzy socks, slippers, heavy fleece pants and big bulky sweatshirts you'd think I'd warm up a little... NOPE! Still frozen!!

I was always cold prior to surgery and it's worse now.. My husband said if I get worse we may have to look into living in separate ends of a duplex ;-) He hates artificial heat and I'm always sneaking the temp up. Hoody, sweats and big socks in bed and hoody all day long for me.

Add me to the list I'm watching TV with a heavy robe on AND a blanket !

I was searching the forums for being cold and this one came up! I find, post-op, my extremities (hands and feet) get cold very fast. And it's winter time here at my university. They get so cold it's actually painful.

It was 19 degrees today and even though I had gloves on, I had to feed a meter. My hands hurt so bad from the cold I almost wanted to cry walking to class!

So yes, I can totally relate to being cold (I even have two pairs of socks on in bed right now lol)

I'm ALWAYS freezing, I can wear 3 jackets and still be shivering like a lunatic. I'm a firefighter and I've found it to be extremely hard to adjust when I'm out in the cold on calls. Even in my turnout gear I'm shaking. My poor hubby sweats all night long because I have 3 comforters on the bed along with a sheet and fleece :)

I want to thank you for your bravery, running in and out of burning buildings putting the safety of people and their pets ahead of your own. Few are willing to do this. Now with regards to freezing, maybe you can sign up for more shifts on the front line. :)

The heating pad that we all love so much is currently on my feet! Having one at work for my lap might be nice!

Before surgery I had my thermostat set at 74 degrees and that was still too hot but I didn't want my kids to be cold. Now after surgery I've set it at 78 degrees and sometimes I'm still cold but I started taking a Iron pill and now I'm not cold like I used to be. I take the iron pill every couple of days when I start to feel fatigued or cold.

Before surgery I had my thermostat set at 74 degrees and that was still too hot but I didn't want my kids to be cold. Now after surgery I've set it at 78 degrees and sometimes I'm still cold but I started taking a Iron pill and now I'm not cold like I used to be. I take the iron pill every couple of days when I start to feel fatigued or cold.

I'm going to have to take a look at my Multivitamin and see how much iron is in it. I have an appt with my surgeon on friday so I'll ask him about it. Unfortunately I don't think he's going to order blood work for me. I'd like to know how my levels are.

I want to thank you for your bravery' date=' running in and out of burning buildings putting the safety of people and their pets ahead of your own. Few are willing to do this. Now with regards to freezing, maybe you can sign up for more shifts on the front line. :)[/quote']

Thank you fiddleman :) I love what I do, and I'll certainly risk my safety to help people. The guys think I'm nuts because I wear sweatshirts under my gear haha.

Karissa I'm a firefighter also and last year I was taking the batteries out of the thermostat in the day room so they would stop turning up the heat! Now I have it too warm for the rest of the crew. Never thought that would happen. I think being cold is much better than being hot all the time though!

Sent from my iPhone using VST

Karissa I'm a firefighter also and last year I was taking the batteries out of the thermostat in the day room so they would stop turning up the heat! Now I have it too warm for the rest of the crew. Never thought that would happen. I think being cold is much better than being hot all the time though!

Sent from my iPhone using VST

Yes definitely, it's just not fun when the lounge area of the firehouse is colder than outside. I was on stand-by the other night and I was rolled into a ball inside my jacket on the couch. Everyone was looking at me like I was crazy lol