Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

All of my December sleevers...

LOL. I'm glad I'm not the only one!

It's not always bad, like Alabamasleever points out...but sometimes I just surprise myself with how different my emotions can be. I think some of it too is that eating often kept me from feeling emotions at all...so now, there they are! There are so many changes to get used to that seem to have happened almost overnight. This is one of them, I guess.

I think if someone else was explaining all this to me, it would seem very obvious, but when it happens to me it is a lot harder to be objective or to see that it's a normal response to such a huge change to body and mind. I prefer feeling like I'm more in control and I know what to expect from myself. But now I'm getting a little too philosophical.

Thanks for the input y'all. :)

I agree, I don't look in the mirror and see it. However, I KNOW it's noticeable now because just this week I've had 6 different people comment on my weight loss (that don't know about surgery). I've lost 50lbs, including 2 week pre-op diet. It is exciting to have people finally notice. It saddens me though that I was big enough that it takes 50lbs (the size of my 5 year old) for it to be noticeable! Oh well, part of the 'journey' I suppose :)

Dont feel bad I have yet to have anyone say anything to me and i dont feel I am extremely overweight yes i am overweight but not to the point that I would think at this point no one would notice however I am still wearing the same clothes (always wore baggy clothes) and I guess that plays a big part I guess it will take 50 for them to notice it too.. it is what it is i didn't do this for the world I did this for me and at the end of the day as long as i'm satisfied with the end result that is what matters. I dont want to die because I allowed food to control me. I love my life and i want to live and be healthy at the end of the day. I am so happy for your weight loss keep up the good work.

last PCP visit November 8th. 280 lbs

Day of Surgery December 5th. 277lbs

Today 247.6

I have fought a major three week stall during this time. To break the stall I had to accept that this is going to take work on my part and not just restriction of volume of foods. I do the following limits Calories 800, Carbs 50, Protein 80. I walk on uphill incline 30 mins trying to maintain 3 mph and goal is 5 days a week.

During the stalls I had calories 1000/ carbs and protein 100. I was also a lot less on the exercise. I anticipate more stalls because being obese my entire life my body is desperately trying to hold on to the weight. I think that during stalls it is important to do a cycle of 2 or 3 days higher intake without stoping the exercise. This tells the body it is ok to burn more is incoming.

This journey is a battle for me!

Hi all. Sleeved 12/10/12 and going well. Was hoping for a little faster loss but as long as I am losing and not gaining I am now ok with it. I started this journey in august at 332 size 26, today I am at 266 in size 20 or 22 (depends on the pants).

This is the best I have felt in a long time. Last weekend we took our two year old sledding and instead of sitting on the sidelines watching her I got to play too! It was so much fun .

I too just started getting this empty gnawing feeling. I usuly get it started night and thought I was hungry. Maybe it's acid? I do take a dissolvable prevacid every morning, 30mg,but maybe I need more?

I started each day with a pistachio Protein Shake. Then have usually 3 meals a day. Get about 70g of Protein a day. Some days are better than others for Water. To the person who mentioned the fruit in the water is might have to try that! Thank you!

Starting wt: 332

DOS: 300 (was 315 when I started my 14 day preopdiet)

Today: 266

Squeeeeeeeee!!!!!!! I am super overly excited today I hit my first short term goal!!! <200

HELLO ONEDERLAND Ohhh it's so nice to see you. :D

I was in a 2 week stall, and after my checkup on Tuesday I think my body was like ok. Dropped another 5+ lbs this week, as I was bouncing between 207-203 all during the stall (whew the ups were hard). It's like a staircase, loose, stall, loose, stall, rinse, repeat....

Sent from my iPhone using VST

post-43359-13813663018419_thumb.jpg

Hi all. Sleeved 12/10/12 and going well. Was hoping for a little faster loss but as long as I am losing and not gaining I am now ok with it. I started this journey in august at 332 size 26' date=' today I am at 266 in size 20 or 22 (depends on the pants).

This is the best I have felt in a long time. Last weekend we took our two year old sledding and instead of sitting on the sidelines watching her I got to play too! It was so much fun .

I too just started getting this empty gnawing feeling. I usuly get it started night and thought I was hungry. Maybe it's acid? I do take a dissolvable prevacid every morning, 30mg,but maybe I need more?

I started each day with a pistachio Protein Shake. Then have usually 3 meals a day. Get about 70g of Protein a day. Some days are better than others for Water. To the person who mentioned the fruit in the water is might have to try that! Thank you!

Today: 266[/quote']

You are doing fabulous!!!! 44 lbs in 2 months is great! Don't be so hard on yourself

Finally broke a FOUR week frustrating stall. YIPPEE

last PCP visit November 8th. 280 lbs

Day of Surgery December 5th. 277lbs

Today 247.6

I have fought a major three week stall during this time. To break the stall I had to accept that this is going to take work on my part and not just restriction of volume of foods. I do the following limits Calories 800' date=' Carbs 50, Protein 80. I walk on uphill incline 30 mins trying to maintain 3 mph and goal is 5 days a week.

During the stalls I had calories 1000/ carbs and protein 100. I was also a lot less on the exercise. I anticipate more stalls because being obese my entire life my body is desperately trying to hold on to the weight. I think that during stalls it is important to do a cycle of 2 or 3 days higher intake without stoping the exercise. This tells the body it is ok to burn more is incoming.

This journey is a battle for me![/quote']

Did you gain weight during your stalls ? For the past two weeks my weight fluctuated from 267 to 269 I'm going to insane . I exercise everyday I drink Water and I am good with my protein and my calories are between 500 to 800. I am still still not losing

Did you gain weight during your stalls ? For the past two weeks my weight fluctuated from 267 to 269 I'm going to insane . I exercise everyday I drink Water and I am good with my Protein and my calories are between 500 to 800. I am still still not losing

I have gained weight in my stalls and it will pass I know its frustrating and I openly admit to loosing my mind during this process lol, But it will pass and it i will move again I am 9.5 weeks post op and have been in 2 stalls (on the scale) not sure of inches lost during that time but scale wise, one lasted 2 weeks the other last 3 and I still lost 39 lbs in it all, 19 on liquids and 20 on the rest of it. it will move, check your carb intake durning both those stalls my carb intake was high looking back on my, myfitnesspal entries, i noticed that so i took it to under 20 a day and it started moving again. Yes everyone is different but this worked for me if you are not on Myfitnesspal maybe you should join to keep track of your food intake and carbs and protein and make changes to better fit you and your bodies needs, I wish you luck

Highest weight 10/12 - 223

Day of surgery on 12/3 - 208

Today - 176

I have gained weight in my stalls and it will pass I know its frustrating and I openly admit to loosing my mind during this process lol' date=' But it will pass and it i will move again I am 9.5 weeks post op and have been in 2 stalls (on the scale) not sure of inches lost during that time but scale wise, one lasted 2 weeks the other last 3 and I still lost 39 lbs in it all, 19 on liquids and 20 on the rest of it. it will move, check your carb intake durning both those stalls my carb intake was high looking back on my, myfitnesspal entries, i noticed that so i took it to under 20 a day and it started moving again. Yes everyone is different but this worked for me if you are not on Myfitnesspal maybe you should join to keep track of your food intake and carbs and Protein and make changes to better fit you and your bodies needs, I wish you luck[/quote']

I am my fitness pal would it be ok if you can add me as a friend my usurer name is sweetholt38

You are doing fabulous!!!! 44 lbs in 2 months is great! Don't be so hard on yourself

I know you're right! When have I EVER lost 44 pounds in 2 months! My Dr is the one who made a comment about it not coming off as fast as he would of liked. So then I kinda got I stuck in my head that it wasn't fast enough. But you're so right! Thank you.

I know you're right! When have I EVER lost 44 pounds in 2 months! My Dr is the one who made a comment about it not coming off as fast as he would of liked. So then I kinda got I stuck in my head that it wasn't fast enough. But you're so right! Thank you.

I know how you feel my doctor said the same crazy thing to me he wants me to lose 30 pounds in six weeks since then I haven't lost a thing

You are right I have never lost 40 pounds in two months so I'm happy with my progress and I'm just going to keep taking baby steps

At 3 weeks I had lost about 24 lbs I think. My surgeon told me it was above average. He doesn't discuss goals until 6 month.

Hi all. Sleeved 12/10/12 and going well. Was hoping for a little faster loss but as long as I am losing and not gaining I am now ok with it. I started this journey in august at 332 size 26, today I am at 266 in size 20 or 22 (depends on the pants).

Today: 266

had to go up on my acid reflux meds. one in the morning and one in the evening