Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello my fellow February Sleevers!! I think it would be a good idea for us to get to know a little bit about one another!! so I will go first!

My name is Liz and I am from South Texas. I'm 25 years old, single, no kids (unless you count dogs), currently scheduled to be sleeved on February 18th. I like to sing, read, crochet, and spend time with my friends. I am very involved in my church. I teach Sunday School and sing in the choir...stuff like that!

I hope everyone will share a little bit about themselves!!!

Happy New Year!!!

My Name is Beatrice.. Im 34 yrs old wit 4 kids(16,16,14,11)

I live n vacherie louisiana.. I dont really have friends.. I lik 2 sleep & watch Law & Order SVU

My Name is Beatrice.. Im 34 yrs old wit 4 kids(16,16,14,11)

I live n vacherie louisiana.. I dont really have friends.. I lik 2 sleep & watch Law & Order SVU

Nice to meet you Beatrice!!! When are you scheduled to have your surgery?

I am Lady V.

I am 5" 4 and 262 lbs. I am in my late 30's.

I like exercising (Zumba and weight training). I hope that VSG complements my exercising and I end up w/ a toned apperance.

My GW is 140.

I don't have my exact Feb date yet. I should know soon. My paperwork has gone in already. My surgery is in the U.S.

I had all of my NUT classes and testing done.

I am having open VSG. I have lots of abnormal scarring, plus removed instestines from a surgery I had as an infant. I had open gallbladder a couple of years ago.

I am scared to death of stricture, leaks, and excessive gerd.

I am curious at to various pre-op routines. It appears the NUT part varies from doc to doc.

Dont have an exact date.. But its in Feb

I am Lady V.

I am 5" 4 and 262 lbs. I am in my late 30's.

I like exercising (Zumba and weight training). I hope that VSG complements my exercising and I end up w/ a toned apperance.

My GW is 140.

I don't have my exact Feb date yet. I should know soon. My paperwork has gone in already. My surgery is in the U.S.

I had all of my NUT classes and testing done.

I am having open VSG. I have lots of abnormal scarring, plus removed instestines from a surgery I had as an infant. I had open gallbladder a couple of years ago.

I am scared to death of stricture, leaks, and excessive gerd.

I am curious at to various pre-op routines. It appears the NUT part varies from doc to doc.

Hey LadyV!

I hope that VSG is everything you want it to be! Keep us posted on your progress!

Hi!

My name is Gabi and I'm scheduled for surgery on February 16th but it might get switched to February 28th because of finances. I'm paying for it myself and will be staying in the hospital for up to 3 days.

I'm 24, no kids but we have 3 Yorkies. I live in Seoul, South Korea and have a wonderful fiance who is supporting my decision to get the VSG surgery.

Currently, I'm about 5'3" and I weigh about 222lbs and hope to get down to at least 140lbs depending on what looks good because I'm big-boned. My highest weight was 250 and lowest was about 180 but I can't seem to lose and keep it off.

I'm excited to get this surgery to feel better about me. I am nervous/ scared because I won't have much recover time and will be recovering mostly alone. I, also, don't have a nutritionist and they don't offer classes here so I might be asking a lot of questions because I'm pretty much going at this alone.

I'm glad to have found this group and this forum because I check it at least 10+ times a day and write down so much information to help me before my surgery.

Good luck everyone and I hope we can help to encourage each other in the future!

^-^

Gabi

I have a date 2/19 :rolleyes:

I have a date 2/19 :rolleyes:

Woohoo!!! YAY LadyV!!

I am Julie. I live in Brookhaven, MS (but I'll always be a Louisiana girl at heart) with my husband of 19 years. I have a 17 yr old son with special needs so he lives in a assisted living facility. I am 40 yrs old, 304 lbs. 5'6". I am waiting for confirmation of my surgery date but it looks like Feb 26. I am self pay and traveling to New Iberia in South Louisiana for the surgery. My goal weight is 180 but if I get down to 150 that would be great. I am very comfortable with my current size (people always comment that I rock my curves) but my health is declining so I am doing this for health reasons. Hoping to rid myself of diabetes, High BP, and osteoarthuritis.

post-47645-13813662103088_thumb.jpg

Hi! I am 56-- does that ever sound OLD! I am married, have three grown children--22, 23 and 27--and one adorable three year old granddaughter. I have been obese since I was 28 and discovered a great big world of food I had never seen before. I was on birth control pills, felt happy and content and eating was wonderful Fast forward to three complicated pregnancies--likely the result of carrying around extra weight and myriad of health concerns. I want to live to see my kids have kids and enjoy every minute of every day instead of feeling yucky all the time. Can't wait for Feb. 28, my surgery date.

Hi all! My name is Deanna and I am scheduled to VSG February 13th. They are doing a dual procedure to repair my hietal hernia too. I am in the Austin Texas area.

Divorced mom to a 20 year old daughter that is my world. My health has been on a steady decline for years. I got pneumonia in October for the first time and had complications due to my obesity..... Then I sat on the sidelines and watched everyone dancing and living it up at my nieces wedding in December...

Got the ball rolling that week and am excited beyond words to begin this new chapter in my life!

This site has already been a life saver of information, support and a feeling of connection with others on the same journey!

Hi ! My name is Tammy. I'm 39 years old and I'm from Maine. I'm a crafter. Any craft will do!

My surgery date is 2/12. I'm both scared and excited. Emotions are all over the place! Honestly, I can't wait for the surgery to be over so I can move on and stop worrying! I haven't really thought about the outcome of this surgery as me becoming skinny. I've mostly been thinking about the promise of enjoying doing the physical activities I used to do; hiking, biking, travel... and being less self conscious in my skin. February 12 cannot come soon enough. Bring it!

Hi!

My name is John Turner. I am 27 years old and I am married to the love of my life Cathy! My surgery date is Feb 14 and I am super excited.I have been overweight since I was 10 years old and it would be nice to feel attractive and healthy for once. I am looking forward to going down in pant sizes and finally feeling like a young man again. It's nice to meet you all and I look forward to reading all of your success stories!

Hi everyone. My name is Kristi. I live in the Philadelphia PA area. I just received my insurance approval call today!!!! I will be sleeved on 2/27 and i am super excited and a little scared. But i guess thats normal. I am 31 years old. No kids. Currently weigh 303 which is the highest I have ever been...

I have a pretty active life for a fat girl. I scuba dive, ski, walk, zumba and weight train. I am hoping with surgery, diet, and exercise, i am not too flabby everywhere.

Its great to hear from everyone and excited to share this journey!!