Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Ismael Cabrera Garcia thru Medical Tourism?

Has anyone else been sleeved by Dr. Cabrera? What about using Medical Tourism. I'm scheduled to be sleeved on February 22nd and haven't heard much about Dr. C. I would love to hear the experiences of others.

I'm scheduled for Cabrera/Valenzuela March 13th. I haven't been able to find any negatives about them at all.

I am going through MBC.< /p>

Good luck.. and be sure to report back with your experience!

Will do!

Scheduled for Jan. 17th. Cant wait

Peppy234...let us know EVERYTHING! I'm excited for you!

Had the VSG 12-20-12 by Cabrera-Garcia at Doctor Mi hospital through MedicalTourismCo. My sister and I had it at the same time. Great Doc, no problems. Careful of your coordinators details. We were supposed to stay at Pueblo-Amigo Hotel the night before and have the surgery on the 20th. Instead, we were told by Victor, the driver, that we were going straight to the hospital and would stay there instead. Hmmmm...a little apprehensive at the sudden change of plans, BUT it all worked out and now I am post op with a good start at weight loss. Good luck to you!

I am scheduled for surgery Feb 21, have almost cancelled it twice as being a nurse I have seen the worst of the worst done in the US. I have not seen any negative posts about Dr C & Dr V. A concern of mine is how long have they been doing bariatric surgeries? Does anyone know??

So far Regene has been very prompt and helpful.

I am scheduled for surgery Feb 21' date=' have almost cancelled it twice as being a nurse I have seen the worst of the worst done in the US. I have not seen any negative posts about Dr C & Dr V. A concern of mine is how long have they been doing bariatric surgeries? Does anyone know??

So far Regene has been very prompt and helpful.[/quote']

What all kinds of things have you seen? Just curious.

I had a pt a little over a yr ago that had gastric sleeve done at hospital in Iowa, the first time she ate real food (mashed potatoes) she perforated her surgical site. After about a month in the hospital she was sent home. I seen her recently and we were talking about her complication. I told her I was looking into surgery in MX and she wished me luck. Even after all the complications she had she did not regret having the gastric sleeve.

The surgeon she went to I would not go to as I have known another pt that recently had a revision, approx 2 wks later he died of a PE (blood clot in his lungs). He had a family history of blood clots. Both cases may not be the fault of the surgeon.

I know that with any surgery there is a chance for complications, that being said I feel we are all willing to take our chances at a healthier life...

Blondie. These are newer doctors- been doing bariatrics exclusively for about 2 years. Both were undergoing 18 months of post doctoral training in bariatrics under dr Corvala in 2010 and cabrera did some brief post doctoral training in bariatric surgeries in Fresno... They ARE younger doctors, but they are not just general surgeons who decided to make a quick buck in bariatrics.

Blondie. These are newer doctors- been doing bariatrics exclusively for about 2 years. Both were undergoing 18 months of post doctoral training in bariatrics under dr Corvala in 2010 and cabrera did some brief post doctoral training in bariatric surgeries in Fresno... They ARE younger doctors' date=' but they are not just general surgeons who decided to make a quick buck in bariatrics.[/quote']

Dr. Lopez trained under Dr. Corvala too.

Amanda Rae

I am scheduled for surgery Feb 21, have almost cancelled it twice as being a nurse I have seen the worst of the worst done in the US. I have not seen any negative posts about Dr C & Dr V. A concern of mine is how long have they been doing bariatric surgeries? Does anyone know??

So far Regene has been very prompt and helpful.

Blondie, your scheduled for 2/21 in TJ? I'll be coming in on that date with a scheduled date of 2/22 for surgery.

Actually I am still up in the air and researching... thinking about Cancun instead. Will keep you posted.

I had my surgery done by Cabrera/Garcia through medical tourism co. Everything went great! I really liked the doctors and my recovery has been great so far 3 weeks postop).

Th e only advice is give here is to know what you're going to do to help your recovery - don't rely on them to tell you what to do - the nurses hardly speak any English, so you've gotta figure stuff out on your own (lots of walking!!!). And if you have any issues you need to get the nurse to help you out!

It was great though! Great value for the money so far!