Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Gummie Multi Vitimans...Thoughts anyone?

During my per op classes we were told NO gummie vitimans. But, honestly I can not tolerate the other chewable Multi vitimans I have tried. I know I can handle gummie vitimans as I had those per op. I was just wondering if anyone had thoughts on this subject. Thank you in advance for your advise!

I take "Alive" Multi Vitamins daily that are gummies and I also have "Citrical" gummies for my Calcium. My B12 is sublingual. As far as I know the gummies are fine for sleeve patients. My surgeon and nutritionist ok'd me to use these.

Interesting question as I asked the same thing. When I had my lapband that doc had me on tummies but the NUT for my sleeve doc rolled her eyes at the notion and said "uh no". I don't know what the reason for that is but I trust my sleeve doc and he trusts her soo....non-tummies it is.

They are not "complete" Vitamins. They don't have some minerals that you need that the other ones provide. This is what I was told just today at my post-op.

-Kendra

Having tried and failed at multiple other Vitamins (they make me want to puke), I finally figured it was either going to be gummy vitamins or no vitamins, so Gummy it was.

They are not "complete" Vitamins. They don't have some minerals that you need that the other ones provide. This is what I was told just today at my post-op.

-Kendra

My old nut said the same thing, and a lot are really quite low in the basics

These chewable ones are the ones I'm going to try... http://www.drugstore.com/centrum-silver-chewables-multivitamin-and-multimineral-chewable-tablets-citrus-berry/qxp141311 waiting for them to be delivered... has anyone tried these ? hope they're not gross...

If not... These are the gummies I was going to try, best i can find from my researching so far... but they're missing a lot compared to the first one http://www.drugstore.com/one-a-day-vitacraves-gummies-complete-adult-multivitaminmultimineral-supplement/qxp266216?catid=180675

I ended up with some high potency chewable vitamins from trader joes after trying BA and Celebrate chewables. Both made me throw up every single day. The trader joe tabs are good and do not cause me to throw up. They are also 100% in almost everything except Iron, phosphorous and magnesium. I take 2 daily to get 200% of the nutrients.

Having tried and failed at multiple other Vitamins (they make me want to puke)' date=' I finally figured it was either going to be gummy vitamins or no Vitamins, so Gummy it was.[/quote']

This was my thought EXACTLY when I made the switch to gummies. It was gummies or nothing.

I was wondering the same thing. I have tried all kinds of Vitamins and I would love to stick with the gummies. I have One A Day gummies and I compared the ingredients to my regular One a Day and they were similar. The gummies had no Iron in them, where the swallow did. But, like the other poster said I hate the other vitamins so bad that I often put off taking them until it is too late to take them for the day. The gummies are so fast, easy to get down and do not upset my stomach like all the others. This is going to be my next question for my NUT.

These chewable ones are the ones I'm going to try... http://www.drugstore...berry/qxp141311 waiting for them to be delivered... has anyone tried these ? hope they're not gross...

If not... These are the gummies I was going to try, best i can find from my researching so far... but they're missing a lot compared to the first one http://www.drugstore...16?catid=180675

I've tried the Centrum ones and they sat about as well as the BA ones did, which is to say not at all. :( There's just something about the taste and consistency that my body disagrees with.

I've tried the Centrum ones and they sat about as well as the BA ones did, which is to say not at all. :( There's just something about the taste and consistency that my body disagrees with.

Oh that sucks :( I ordered 2 bottles from the states... maybe i'll switch to using those when I get them, use as many as I can pre-op, and see what happens in 3 weeks post op

I'll check out what they have at sams when im in Mexico... canada doesn't have as big of a selection for gummies/chewable

I did the same. If gummies are the only thing staying down, then thats better than none. Will work in the rest as we progress.

My surgeon and NUT said absolutely NO gummies. They're "junk" Vitamins and fall way short for sleeve patients according to them.

I'm currently using the ENS Protein shake that has everything but Iron on the shake. Keeps me from having to take a chewable.< /p>