Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

GOOD fast food choices ?! :)

Wow, I don't think she posted asking if she should eat fast food. I love when people have to add their two cents to point out others faults.

Wendy's apple pecan chicken salad - no pecans, no dressing - 350 calories

Lisa

the above salad is delicious - i have had it 3-4 times - vinergette dressing, i think its healthy and a good alternative in a pinch

i've never had Wendy's chili but i've heard its good, and a safe choice

Snacks such as Protein bars, yogurt, tuna (i buy the one already mixed up in a small pkg) yes its got mayo added it, but i think its still ok on an occassion

i'd be remiss not to say - you are starting a new life - doing many new things - new habits - so try harder not to forget to bring your lunch :huh: - is it ok that i said that?? :mellow:^_^

but we can't always be perfect ;)not even me :lol: :lol:

good luck

Jack in the Box serves grilled chicken strip. They are high in salt but otherwise a good choice.

Wow' date=' I don't think she posted asking if she should eat fast food. I love when people have to add their two cents to point out others faults.[/quote']

I know what u mean !!! It gets on my nerves and its always the same people !!!!!!!!!!

Wow, I don't think she posted asking if she should eat fast food. I love when people have to add their two cents to point out others faults.

Along the same lines as this....The way I try to see it is that sure -- it's not 'ideal' for me to eat fast food...and I should definitely work hard not to make it a habit, and plan my meals and Snacks and pack stuff. But sometimes unexpected twists & turns in daily life are less than 'ideal' themselves - and it becomes neccessary to look to a quick dine out option.

I just know in the past, saying: I will never eat fast food no matter what, caused me to ignore thinking about ways to handle an unplanned fast food situation...and then either: a) starve till I could get back to my controlled food environment...or get stressed and make a stressed decision at a fast food joint, and then feel guilty about it later, thinking "was that ok just then?"...or even still feel deprived cause I was afraid to eat much of anything. (Orrr...just have an all-out crash and burn food session cause it's an 'all or nothing' thing, right? Wrong!! )

Anywhoo, don't know if anyone else can relate - but that's just been my experience. Gladly I'm learning not to be so rigid with myself, and to take it in stride if the situation happens. It's also helped me to make a 'master list' of all fast food joints I might go to, and what options would be ok for me based on their nutritional guide info.

<end of good intentioned rant> :D

I get a burrito bowl at Chipotle with grilled chicken, salsa and cheese. I skip the Beans and rice bc I am supposed to limit carbs... I tried onions and peppers (which I used to love) but my sleeve did not like it... I can get 3-4 meals out of one burrito bowl...

I really appreciate these posts. I almost never go to fast-food, but hearing that there are some things that could be good choices just in case, is very helpful.

If you have a restaurant around that does grilled or baked chicken (El Pollo Loco, KFC) that's always a good option.

Your grocery store deli. You can buy Rotisserie roasted chicken by the piece.

Hardee's will make any burger a lowcarb burger, wrapped in lettuce. You could get a turkey burger.

Subway will make any sandwich a salad.

Someone already mentioned chili from Wendy's, but you can also get burgers and chicken sandwiches wrapped in lettuce. Just tell them to leave off the bread.

One of the first things I ate was the grilled chicken salads from McDonalds. I dipped the chicken in the dressing and just ate a few bites of salad. When you can eat more, the grilled chicken sandwiches are good too. From Taco Bell, I like the grilled chicken tacos. I could only eat a bite of tortilla. From KFC, a thigh - any kind, without the skin.

Another good option for the lunchtime desk kit when you can eat a little more is little cans of V-8.

Lynda

Great ideas! The naked burrito from qdoba and the unwhich from jimmy johns are good. I personally would love to eat salads but my sleeve can not handle them yet.

well put babysteppin !!!lol !!! that is EXACTLY what i meant !!! just a post for good healthy choices in a pinch!!! ;)

my bf says Arbys has a really good turkey wrap! :)

my bf says Arbys has a really good turkey wrap! :)

I wondered about this so had to go look it up

Roast Turkey, Ranch & Bacon Wrap 590 calories

33g of fat/9g saturated, 105 mg cholesterol, 1990 mg sodium, 39g carbs, 40g Protein

Roast Turkey & Swiss Wrap 490 calories

25g of fat/6g saturated, 80 mg cholesterol, 1550 mg sodium, 39g carbs, 34g Protein

Don't forget the children's menu. While the choices are often not good, there are a few healthy ones. I like to order the Chick fil A grilled chicken nuggets with fruit or applesauce and can get two or three meals out of it. Another is an IHOP child's omelet. Two meals out of that one!

Chick fil a grilled chicken nuggets :) and grilled chicken breast :) Fast food is not my 1st run to but a some of us need to do the mad dash I'm one of them. So Wendy's chick fil a and Taco Bell not as bad as a Big Mac ;)