Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dec. 17 Sleevers - How are you on week out?

Had my six-month post op visit a little early with surgeon, NUT and mental health person. I weighed 243 on August 9, 2012. I was 222 on 12/17 and today I weighed 158. BMI went from 43 to 28. Some people may have posted bigger losses and some may have posted less weight loss since the 17th of December, but I am pretty happy with my progress so far. I do eat carbs. The surgeon and NUT don't really care that I eat (healthy) carbs, but they did want me to eat more protein....I think I have been hovering between 45g and 50g...instead of 60-70g. I guess that is it.

sounds like you are doing good!

I started heavier and have lost around the same as you since surgery so I am still pretty heavy. Better for me but I have a lot still to go. Weight loss is pretty slow, I do seem to lose inches because my clothes can go smaller over time. I seem to lose a little better when I have some bites of carb, it is a balancing act.

Hi how is everyone doing??? I am down 87 lbs now but I've been in a slump for a few months. I haven't lost any weight at all for the last two months which is very frustrating and depressing. My hair is also falling out like crazy which just adds to the depression. Everyone says I look great but I don't feel great. I feel like I feel short of my goals. My goal was to loose at least another 20lbs by now...... any help or motivation would be much appriciated thanks.

Rockstarswife - I'm right there with you. I have been in a stall all summer! My goal is to lose 100# but I am only half way. Very frustrating when I don't eat very much. I must say though, I had to stop my workouts at the gym because I hurt my knees in a fall and tore my right hamstring. The knees probably need medical intervention but the hamstring is much better. Today I start the T25 exercise program. I hope that helps to jump start my weight loss.

I've lost 85 lbs as well and have been in a stall all summer too...feel like its never gonna end :(

Hi how is everyone doing??? I am down 87 lbs now but I've been in a slump for a few months. I haven't lost any weight at all for the last two months which is very frustrating and depressing. My hair is also falling out like crazy which just adds to the depression. Everyone says I look great but I don't feel great. I feel like I feel short of my goals. My goal was to loose at least another 20lbs by now...... any help or motivation would be much appriciated thanks.

Hi, RSW; my goal weight was 160 and about 3 months ago I was stalled at 170. I would gain a few lbs then lose 'em. Then I started the Insanity workout and just like that, my weight started to fall off again. Now I have passed my goal weight (I'm at 157) and have set a new goal of 140 lbs. non processed Protein, vegetables and fresh fruit is what I regularly eat. I do slip now and again but I get right back on track. That's the important thing, never give up trying. Good luck and hope this helps.

There's a thing called "muscle confusion." Sometimes if we stay with a routine, our muscles kind of don't keep doing their thing (burning calories at rest) optimally. If we challenge ourselves in new ways, our muscles get a wake up call and start burning more calories. That being said, I think I have trouble wanting to deviate from routines. I am a creature of habit.

Hi everyone- just an update on me. Seems like this thread is still pretty active. Current stats: HW: 302, SW: 272, CW: 172. I have managed to drop 100 since surgery and am 12 lbs from initial goal of 160. I am off all medication and feel pretty good. I have had my share of stalls, but I try to be patient, and usually the scale won't budge for 2-3 weeks then I drop a bunch- very stair-step like. I use myfitnesspal religiously- I really think it has helped me keep on track. Add me if you like on there- tons of VSG folks there who are very supportive and motivating. :))))) -Kendra

Hi Rockstarwife

You should be excited you have lost 87 pounds .. That is so awesome .. I am so proud of you keep up the good work ..

My weight loss has slowed down a bit also .. I have gained 2 pounds .. I am not liking that but I thought I would go back to step one and do the liquid diet and maybe it will jump start my weight loss !

Hi everyone just wanted to see how everyone is doing? I have lost about 80lbs now just under 200 finally. Want to lost 40 to fifty more but seem to have hit a stall for over a month. I find myself really hungry lately and wanting to eat any and everything but curb that as much as possible. I was wondering though if anyone had any tips and if anyone could tell me how many calories should be eaten at this stage. Thank you:)

Hi Everyone, good to see this thread still going, too. I just hit 125 lost, and still have about 20-35 to go. Not sure where I want to end up yet, but as long as I hit 160, I'll be satisfied. I think I look thinner at 180 now than I did when I was 25. IDK. I too have days where I am hungrier than others, and I can eat more than the 1/2 cup they want me to, though I try not to. I do keep my calories around 800-900, and though my weight loss slowed, it's still coming off. I plan to stay with this plan until I'm at goal, whatever that might be.

Hi everyone just wanted to see how everyone is doing? I have lost about 80lbs now just under 200 finally. Want to lost 40 to fifty more but seem to have hit a stall for over a month. I find myself really hungry lately and wanting to eat any and everything but curb that as much as possible. I was wondering though if anyone had any tips and if anyone could tell me how many calories should be eaten at this stage. Thank you:)

Hello all. I am trucking right along, although my weight loss has slowed- I am gradually changing some things to prepare to ease into maintenance- weighing every day and slowly increasing calories. I am 9 lbs from goal w/ 144 total loss (114 since surgery). I eat between 1200-1400 calories per day and still losing about 1/2 lb per week, with pauses every few weeks. I am doing C25k 3x per week and Zumba 3x per week. I eat for the most part what I want but limit carbs and since I can eat more volume-wise, I am "bulking up" my meals with veggies. All is well- hope everyone else is OK!

Hi everyone, I am having some trouble. I turned 42 last week & completely fell off the wagon. For the last year I have been super strict not allowing myself bread, Pasta, rice or any type of dessert. Well my birthday came around and I thought well I've lost 95 lbs I can treat myself to a biscuit with my dinner & have a small slice of cheese cake afterward too. That all sounds pretty bad but it gets worse.....I have been eating something everyday since then that I shouldn't be...I just can't stop....I feel like complete **** about it and my body feels like **** too...I haven't gained any weight but I also am not loosing any either I still have another 40 lbs to go to reach my goal....I am so embarrassed to be slipping back I to these old behaviors after doing so well for the last year!