Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dec. 17 Sleevers - How are you on week out?

Hi folks,

how is everyone doing? the posting has dropped off for most of us lately, wondering what trials and tribulations are going on. I am down54 lbs since surgery Dec. 19th 2012. It feels kinda slow but I am on the older side.. It seems like I lose a chunk then nothing for the rest of the month. It appears like I lose after upping my calories some. I am also wondering if hormonal issues are having an effect. I am in size 16 women's jeans so the inches lost is good.

check in people!

Weight is coming off slow for me too. I had surgery December 17th and have lost about 53. It's nice to be in smaller sizes.....but it's weird when I go shopping and try on clothes. Sizes I used to wear seem so big now.

Weight is coming off slow for me too. I had surgery December 17th and have lost about 53. It's nice to be in smaller sizes.....but it's weird when I go shopping and try on clothes. Sizes I used to wear seem so big now.

You are doing great, nice you are almost to goal. I have lost over 70 since prior to surgery and the sizes are smaller and I feel better but I still have a ways to go because I am just a little under where you started.seems so funny because I have lost so much but still so big though I don't feel as big as I look.

have fun shopping!

You are doing great, nice you are almost to goal. I have lost over 70 since prior to surgery and the sizes are smaller and I feel better but I still have a ways to go because I am just a little under where you started.seems so funny because I have lost so much but still so big though I don't feel as big as I look.

have fun shopping!

Thanks. We have to just keep doing what we are supposed to be doing and the weight should come off. Good luck!

Has anyone else experienced this?

I have lost 50 pounds BUT have ONLY dropped ONE size. I'm greatful to have lost the scale weight, but only one size. give me a break. Hardly anyone has noticed I've lost weight.

Anyone?

I'm female 5 foot 2 1/2. Was a 24 now a 22.

Hey y'all' date='

I am down quite a but from highest 275 to 196. Loving the new healthy me with a ton of energy. Here are before and after pictures. :)[/quote']

You look awesome...... Congrats...

Sleeved on 12/17/12....Been losing really slow... This morning I weighed in at 194.9....hopefully I can get to 190 or 185 before my birthday next Friday....

I have lost 50 pounds BUT have ONLY dropped ONE size. I'm greatful to have lost the scale weight' date=' but only one size. give me a break. Hardly anyone has noticed I've lost weight.

Anyone?

I'm female 5 foot 2 1/2. Was a 24 now a 22.[/quote']

I am in the same boat!

However I am 5' 9 and was sized at a 22 now am a 20 maybe, possibly, if the size runs big, I can fit into an 18, and I've lost 80 lbs.

I've always thought it is just because I am a big person (I've always been tall, so I jut figured my fat had lots of places to hide haha)

I really only notice the weight loss in my neck, and my back, not really any yet in the tummy or anything. But the. Again I've never been that observant if my appearance =)

So anyways maybe this is where exercise comes in... Good luck!! Here's to us! =)

I have lost 50 pounds BUT have ONLY dropped ONE size. I'm greatful to have lost the scale weight, but only one size. give me a break. Hardly anyone has noticed I've lost weight.

Anyone?

I'm female 5 foot 2 1/2. Was a 24 now a 22.

I'm down about 45 pounds, and I've lost 2 pants sizes. I've went from a 22 to a 18. Although not all 18s fit me. But I think maybe height has to do with it? I'm 5'6. I've heard that every 10 pounds equals a pants size, but that isn't so! I think the larger you are, the more weight it takes to lose pant sizes, but as you get smaller, less weight loss so 10 pounds is more like a pant size. Be patient :]

Height definitely matters! I hit 165 lbs (down from 242 last summer, 222 at surgery) today and that only puts me between 29-30 BMI. It is a victory, because technically, I am out of the obese category at last, but just barely. I have a VSG friend (someone I have met in person). She is only two inches taller than me, and weighs probably 20 lbs more than me, so we wear the same sizes. I think when it comes to the whole weight loss process is very, very individual and comparing our numbers to someone else's numbers is not that useful unless they are the same age, same height, etc.

Surgeon said I should be 115-125 lbs, but I had a body comp test done by another doctor and he said I would be "perfect" at 130. Overweight people tend to have "denser" muscle/bone, so without a body comp test, BMI only gives us a rough idea of what is "ideal."

Hi All,

How is everyone doing? I'm down about 50 pounds BUT I have been in a stall the last 3 weeks. Very frustrated as I'm so close to "oneder land"

Any advice is appreciated!

Had a yard sale last weekend and sold a whole bunch of my "fat" clothes! I made$100 on the clothes...people kept saying wow you must have lost a lot of weight! It felt awesome to hear so many compliments!

Hi All' date='

How is everyone doing? I'm down about 50 pounds BUT I have been in a stall the last 3 weeks. Very frustrated as I'm so close to "oneder land"

Any advice is appreciated![/quote']

Changing up your exercise routine might help. In other words, do something different. I haven't lost more weight on the scale, but after I started doing a mere 15 minutes of stationary bike at the gym (in addition to my normal routine), my clothes size changed again. So, I think I am building some muscle right now. Does that make any sense?

Had my six-month post op visit a little early with surgeon, NUT and mental health person. I weighed 243 on August 9, 2012. I was 222 on 12/17 and today I weighed 158. BMI went from 43 to 28. Some people may have posted bigger losses and some may have posted less weight loss since the 17th of December, but I am pretty happy with my progress so far. I do eat carbs. The surgeon and NUT don't really care that I eat (healthy) carbs, but they did want me to eat more protein....I think I have been hovering between 45g and 50g...instead of 60-70g. I guess that is it.

Wow that's great! I've been stuck at the same weight for over 2 months. I'm not

Had my six-month post op visit a little early with surgeon, NUT and mental health person. I weighed 243 on August 9, 2012. I was 222 on 12/17 and today I weighed 158. BMI went from 43 to 28. Some people may have posted bigger losses and some may have posted less weight loss since the 17th of December, but I am pretty happy with my progress so far. I do eat carbs. The surgeon and NUT don't really care that I eat (healthy) carbs, but they did want me to eat more protein....I think I have been hovering between 45g and 50g...instead of 60-70g. I guess that is it.

Wow! That's great! I've been stuck at the same weight for over 2 months. I'm not taking care of myself like I should. Not getting enough Protein, eating too many carbs, and my hair is falling out in globs. I'm a little frustrated, but I'm motivated again and I'm heading back to the gym. I think I have my follow up this week actually!

Wow that's great! I've been stuck at the same weight for over 2 months. I'm not

Wow! That's great! I've been stuck at the same weight for over 2 months. I'm not taking care of myself like I should. Not getting enough protein' date=' eating too many carbs, and my hair is falling out in globs. I'm a little frustrated, but I'm motivated again and I'm heading back to the gym. I think I have my follow up this week actually![/quote']

re: hair - Mine hasn't fallen out in globs, but it has thinned out greatly and I didn't have great hair to begin with. (It has always been thin.) In any case, the surgeon thought I should add more Protein partly because of my hair. I take Biotin, but it clearly is not enough.