Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Honey I was NEVER nausiated prior to spending several weeks in the hospital from pain and damage associated with a slow leak. That is NOT the defining factor of illness. My body was literally poisoning itself and I didn't throw up until the day I had to be medivac'ed to a hospital across the sound. GO TO THE ER. The worst thing that will happen is you take some tests (xrays' date=' cat scan, barium swallow) but this is not normal and should not be dismissed. Dismissed pain is what almost killed me.[/quote']

You are so right.....it is not normal and you should go get checked out!!! Good luck hon a d keep is updated. I'm worried about u!!!

I went several weeks prior to discovery of my leak but from the very beginning I had side pain, weakness, a slight fever, dizzy, then the primary symptom became an inability to breath deeply (as my lungs collapsed). The weakness became an inability to stand. I had left side pain the entire time, extending from my waist to a higher concentration in my shoulder and arm.

Severe pain is not normal. Ever! My doc dismissed my pain as other things and prescribed more and more meds so to add to the above I was drugged and dopey. I don't even remember many of the days I was in bed aside from crying because I couldn't even get to the bathroom (in the same suite) without help. So, if I push you to get help...understand I am coming from a place of horror I never want to see anyone go to!

Ok... I was leaning on my elbows in kitchen counter...and something knotted twisted I don't know what, but caused me to yell out and immediately find the couch. Do I go to the ER 5 minutes away, will they know what to do? Or drive 45 minutes to where my surgery was? I'm still hoping it's nothing, but it is consuming my thoughts.

Sent from my iPhone using VST

Ok my skin is sensitive to the touch where the pain is...and I just looked in a mirror and it looks ever so slightly discolored in circle and bumpy. What the heck? I really really don't want to be admitted to the hospital...I can't believe this!

Ok my skin is sensitive to the touch where the pain is...and I just looked in a mirror and it looks ever so slightly discolored in circle and bumpy. What the heck? I really really don't want to be admitted to the hospital...I can't believe this!

You need to go get it checked straight away hunny. Go to your E.R and they will recommend what to do from there, but this isn't something to ignore. It may just be a pulled muscle or something but you are best to get it checked. Please keep us posted and I will be sending love your way. Xxxx

Headed to ER in the metroplex where surgery performed... dammit! (Sorry)

Headed to ER in the metroplex where surgery performed... dammit! (Sorry)

Good luck and hope it is nothing serious so you can have a good Christmas with family.

I thought we weren't allowed ibuprofen? Can cause ulcers very quickly in WLS patients.. from what my surgeon said. I hope you feel better soon & it's nothing too serious! Xxx

Checked in...blood drawn... IV started, and the 1st of two swallow of something nasty, next swallow in 30 minutes... Thank you everyone for your wonderful support on this Christmas Eve Eve!! Trying to stay positive and not think to much, as this is an anniversary date of a house fire and lost a beloved Great Dane, several years ago. "That which does not destroy you, defines you."

Checked in...blood drawn... IV started' date=' and the 1st of two swallow of something nasty, next swallow in 30 minutes... Thank you everyone for your wonderful support on this Christmas Eve Eve!! Trying to stay positive and not think to much, as this is an anniversary date of a house fire and lost a beloved Great Dane, several years ago. "That which does not destroy you, defines you."

Sent from my iPhone using VST[/quote']

Thanks for updating us please let us know when u can. Will be praying for you!!!

I'm so glad you are heading to the ER. While it certainly could be that you pulled an internal stitch, you absolutely must be looked at by a professional. Please let us know what's going on when you are able. Hugs!!

Glad you went to the ER that did your surgery. They will (hopefully) be a little more in tune with a sleeve.

Hope it turns out to be nothing! :)

Well I have peace of mind... On my way home. All labs, X-rays, and scans were perfect, ruled out everything that could be wrong. The burning pain, and weird skin sensation is being attributed to possibly nerves re-routing...Was told liquid Tylenol, but no longer than a week. I wish I had more of an answer, really. I have to trust that all is good, except being in pain...Thank you All'!!

Wow. That's the first time I've heard that before. I hope you feel better soon. Try really hard not to use your stomach muscles for a few days. sleep on a recliner or w lots of pillows. If you are laying down, to get up have someone help you from behind. The less 'sit up' type of strain you put on your tummy, the better you should feel. And try not to bend to pick things up either. Good luck!