Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

All food tastes bad since surgery.

All food tastes bad since surgery. Food tastes cheap or bland to me now. Does anybody else feel this way?

Absolutely. I'm not liking anything. It's why I pretty much eat the same thing everyday. It's all I can tolerate.

Yes, it is a chore to eat, not a pleasure anymore. Even foods that I formerly loved are just BLAH. I hope my appetite returns at least somewhat. I was sleeved November 9th.

What do you eat tally?

i feel the same way. every now and then i find something i like for example . bacon yummy. and i made a chicken sandwich which was tasty. but most foods i just dont like anymore. i use to love cheetos i have tried them serveral times since surgery and they taste like grease and cheese and makes me nauseaus but the fat person inside says eat them anyway. but overall i feel the same way

I have the opposite problem, I mean food still tastes bad, but it's not that is tastes bland, it tastes over seasoned. I can't stand bacon now, 3/4 of things taste too sweet, too salty, or just plain too something. It's like taste bud overload. I do like my mother in laws cooking now (she doesn't season anything) so maybe it's a blessing? I also can't STAND clam chowder, it all smells and tastes like rotten dead fish, gross! I do like plain chicken, and plain tuna salad, but mostly I'm just drinking shakes :(

What do you eat tally?

I drink a chocolate muscle milk light every morning. Cannot tolerate eggs. I eat fish or chicken at lunch. I have a dannon light and fit Greek yogurt with a scoop of unflavored Protein and a shot of MIO. I eat a string cheese if I think of it and my dinner is fish or chicken. Oh and super steamed and mashed broccoli.

Everytime I try something new it just doesn't work. It gets stuck or feels gross. Just not liking food these days.

I had that same problem. I could not stand the smell much less the taste of food. After about three months...all of a sudden, certain foods started to smell good, like grilled chicken...red Beans. Things that I thought were going to make me hurl just a week ago were now smelling good. The doctor told me that this was actually pretty normal. Its because of the "trauma" to your pouch from surgery. Eventually it gets back to normal...dont worry :)

Sleeved Nov. 6, I feel the same way! Things I used to love...I can't stand now! I don't really want to eat, nor do I care to---but I force myself.

I've been pretty much surviving on lactose free chocolate milk (Rockin' Refuel: 30gm protein/12 oz), cottage cheese, greek yogurt and Beans. I can also tolerate chicken, but no other meats.

Canned chicken or canned tuna makes me want to puke.

I'm glad I'm not feeling hunger like I was pre-op, but I sure hope my tastes become more normal again.