Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I will challenge you on what you think you know. I will question your motives and your decisions. I will make you doubt yourself and question your thought process. If you can't handle it, you can "block" me and you will never see a post of mine again. Just know, you will only be running from what is difficult instead of facing it head on. Anyone who perserves and pushes through it, learns to love me. Because they overcome the obstacles and gain true insight into who they are and why they make the decisions that they do.

Who the hell do you think you are??

I will discontinue my psychotic drugs......

:P

I will challenge you on what you think you know. I will question your motives and your decisions. I will make you doubt yourself and question your thought process. If you can't handle it, you can "block" me and you will never see a post of mine again. Just know, you will only be running from what is difficult instead of facing it head on. Anyone who perserves and pushes through it, learns to love me. Because they overcome the obstacles and gain true insight into who they are and why they make the decisions that they do.

Who the hell do you think you are??

The funny thing is...he blocked me. I guess I pissed him off. Doesn't matter now, he's banned.

The funny thing is...he blocked me. I guess I pissed him off. Doesn't matter now' date=' he's banned.[/quote']

I'm British, and proud to say that's certainly not "the best" we have to offer.

I'm British' date=' and proud to say that's certainly not "the best" we have to offer.[/quote']

no worries...we have nuts in every country :P

I'm British, and proud to say that's certainly not "the best" we have to offer.

Just to let you know that the quote (in grey) at the top of my post are NOT my words, they were someone else's who was being particularly nasty. I am the one asking 'who the hell do you think you are?'

Peace.

I'm conducting a personal study on wine and ketosis.

2 glasses will certainly throw you out of ketosis all the way to neutral and you don't just jump right back into ketosis.

2 glasses will certainly throw you out of ketosis all the way to neutral and you don't just jump right back into ketosis.

I completely agree but from what I understand (and I'm not an expert) ketosis happens when you are on a very low-carb diet. Drinking wine is full of sugar therefore it is is inevitable that this will throw you out of ketosis. I am strictly sticking to vodka!!!

I completely agree but from what I understand (and I'm not an expert) ketosis happens when you are on a very low-carb diet. Drinking wine is full of sugar therefore it is is inevitable that this will throw you out of ketosis. I am strictly sticking to vodka!!!

Exactly why I am doing this study. People ask this question so many zillions of times a month. I am going to have data to share for the one zillion and one time someone asks when they can have alcohol and why can't they have beer, etc.

This is not true. People who don't understand wine often think that because wine is made from grapes, it must be full of sugar, like a grape right? The issue being is that the sugars in wine are cooked off during the fermenting process and turned to yeast. A typical glass of wine (4oz) has 3 to 5 carbs total in it when it's served to you in a bar. Wine will NOT Throw you out of ketosis. But as with ALL alcohol, what will happen is that while the booze is in your system, your liver will be processing the alcohol first, then when it's done it will go back to processing fat. The more booze that you drink the less time the liver has to work on fat.

The only wines that are high in sugar are cheap cheap wines with added sugars (which increase the alcohol content). Flavored coolers etc are also high in sugar. Cheap sparkling wine often has added sugars as well, though not much.

Drink good wine and don't drink a lot of it and you'll stay in ketosis. Drink lots of cheap wine and add those numbers to your daily totals...and you might find you're thrown out of ketosis, but good wine alone isn't going to do that any more than any other alcohol.

BTW...due to labeling laws, flavored vodka's are not required to list a sugar content. The flavoring does have sugar in it so if you do feel vodka is your choice drink..make sure its not flavored.

What's happening is that your liver is burning off the alcohol. The results would be the same if you tested after drinking vodka. It does not necessarily mean you are out of ketosis. Alcohol can actually increase your ketone level in some instances as it's burned off. But you are burning booze, not fat.

Two glasses of decent wine have at max maybe 8 to 10 g carbs. That will only toss you out if you are right on the border of your body's ketone max limits (which do vary).

This is not true. People who don't understand wine often think that because wine is made from grapes' date=' it must be full of sugar, like a grape right? The issue being is that the sugars in wine are cooked off during the fermenting process and turned to yeast. A typical glass of wine (4oz) has 3 to 5 carbs total in it when it's served to you in a bar. Wine will NOT Throw you out of ketosis. But as with ALL alcohol, what will happen is that while the booze is in your system, your liver will be processing the alcohol first, then when it's done it will go back to processing fat. The more booze that you drink the less time the liver has to work on fat.

The only wines that are high in sugar are cheap cheap wines with added sugars (which increase the alcohol content). Flavored coolers etc are also high in sugar. Cheap sparkling wine often has added sugars as well, though not much.

Drink good wine and don't drink a lot of it and you'll stay in ketosis. Drink lots of cheap wine and add those numbers to your daily totals...and you might find you're thrown out of ketosis, but good wine alone isn't going to do that any more than any other alcohol.

BTW...due to labeling laws, flavored vodka's are not required to list a sugar content. The flavoring does have sugar in it so if you do feel vodka is your choice drink..make sure its not flavored.[/quote']

Wow, I did not know about the liver concentrating on processing alcohol first and then fat. This is good to know. Thanks for explaining this. I love when I learn something new!

Sent from my iPad using VST

About to sip on some vodka and diet cranberry juice while playing halo 3 :) I'll usually make a tall glass and that's all I drink. I try to drink after a couple of hours after eating and not eat after but drink tons of Water before I go to bed.

What's happening is that your liver is burning off the alcohol. The results would be the same if you tested after drinking vodka. It does not necessarily mean you are out of ketosis. Alcohol can actually increase your ketone level in some instances as it's burned off. But you are burning booze, not fat.

Two glasses of decent wine have at max maybe 8 to 10 g carbs. That will only toss you out if you are right on the border of your body's ketone max limits (which do vary).

Well....I am testing with pretty good wine, not crappy wine. And only reds, not white. And only drier reds. So that will figure in. I am using keytone strips to test my urine samples...before, during, and after. Also to be considered is that just because you are not in ketosis does NOT mean that you aren't losing weight. But I am not studying that. Just the impact of dry reds, typically cabs and merlots, on the results shown on keytone strips.

Yes I did about two weeks out I was okay