Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Must.Stop.Weighing.Myself.

Eeeeeek!!!!! I've got to step away from the scale!! I find my self waking up everyday and weighing myself! I know it's terrible I need to get away from this habit! Im 11 days post op and haven't lost anything the last two days so of course I'm having all these thoughts that my sleeve isn't gonna work!!!!

Hi

Yip,did the same to myself for quite a few months.During a 7 week stall I realized how depressed I was getting and had to step away from the scale.

Since thenI am much more relaxed about it and I forget to weigh sometimes for quite a few days.

You will lose weight if you follow the rules.Dont let the evil scale spoil the ride.

Maybe try to skip every second day for a couple of days,then every 3 days until you get to once a week.

I'm also 11 days post op and feel the same way. I'm going to follow the once per week weigh-in plan for a while. It was exciting to see the scale change daily, but now that it doesn't (and sometimes goes backward), it's time to get away from that evil toy.

Step away from the scale! LOL...What I do is I weigh myself in the morning, or really whenever I get the urge, but I don't sweat it because I only have one official weigh date and that is the number that matters to me. Try making one day a week, biweekly, or a month the day that you are actually going to care about the number on the scale. Then, if your curious, you can weigh yourself here and there, but that number is not your official weigh day weight. Then, you can slowly ween yourself to that one day that you choose. Believe me, your weight goes up and down throughout the week and even in one day. It's not worth stressing over. I hope you are able to fight the scale demon!

I weight myself every day and sometimes at night. I'm stalling yet again because I haven't been exercising. I still fill like I'm doomed to fail sometimes (yesterday).

Lots of ups and downs. And its OK.

Patience and persistance.....moving forward.

Don't know what to tell you about the scale thing. I often don't like what it says but apparently don't want to quit weighing, either. Maybe take your scale to a neighbor's house and only borrow it back on Mondays.

This is a very common problem, many of us deal with it by participating in a weekly weigh in thread. Then we put our scales away again till next week. You are welcome to join us if you'd like

http://www.verticalsleevetalk.com/topic/28362-super-saturday-weigh-in/

I jumped on the scale while I was waiting for the Doc to come in to see me. The scale was digital and on a carpet floor, it read 58 lbs. This made me lol. I'm obsessed, I think I will try to stay off the scale until Saturday.

I do the same as Delta girl. I weigh myself every morning but only track Sundays. Even though it seems tje scale doesn't move, my Sunday weight is always lower than the previous week.

I am 14 weeks out today and disagree with not weighing daily or every couple of days. Particulary in the weight loss phase I think it is important to see how your weight loss is going. If you start to gain you may need to tweek your eating/exercise plan. It also keeps you motivated to continue on a healthy eating plan. I am keeping in mind the first 6 months; I want to do the best I can and lose the most that I can during this time.

I understand how most of you feel!! I have been weighing myself and found that I have been getting upset and thinking way too much about what if I did all of this for 30 pounds and no more loss ( I am 3 weeks out, lost 14 pounds since day of surgery, and have not lost a pound in a week). I am worried I will start self defeating if I don't stop weighing all of the time. I think once a week is sufficient and a great idea to remind yourself that this is as much about positive thinking and longterm committment as it is to instant gratification with a daily scale read! That is what I am telling myself anyways to feel better about a stall 3 weeks out.

Cmbtexas: couldn't have said it better myself, I feel you!!

I've been obsessively weighing myself since surgery and after I weighed Friday I put the scale down in the man cave (basement) so that I wouldn't have to look at it. I haven't weighed since Friday and I plan to go back to weighing once a week. It feels good not to obsess over the number and I'm able to focus on living like a normal person. The problem with weighing everyday was the fact that I would have thoughts like maybe I shouldn't eat that salty piece of Protein or if I drink this Water after 10pm I might weigh more. Now that I don't weigh everyday I find myself wanting to drink more water late at night and not worrying about sodium. Also the fact that I'm exercising and losing inches, I realize that that's what I should be focusing on and not the number :)

Oh and I want to add that weighing everyday makes me want to eat junk, especially if I see the number is going down. I was good for self sabotaging. Now that I'm not weighing everyday my cravings are under control and I don't have the urge to pig out. The scale means different things to different people and it always tends to affect me negatively.

I'm pre op and weigh myself every morning at home then I drink 16oz Water on my way to work, wait for that to 'work its way thru' then weigh myself at work (I'm in a hospital so have accurate scales) before I eat Breakfast. I actually hate the weekend cause it means 2 days without stepping on my at work scale. I can't imagine how obsessed I'm going to be after surgery!