Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Green's grumblings

Hi

Green I was in Toronto yesterday. And As I walked and shopped I was looking for you. A woman with large feet and a protruding liver. I'd whipser "green" to see if any one would turn around LOL

I walked from Eaton Center to the Price Arthur Medical Clinic. It was such a beautiful day. Went to your Winners, nice stuff but I just didn't feel like trying anything on :)

I had my first fill, all is well.

LOL lila!!! that's hilarious! large feet and a protuding liver!!!hehehhe

Hi

Green I was in Toronto yesterday. And As I walked and shopped I was looking for you. A woman with large feet and a protruding liver. I'd whipser "green" to see if any one would turn around LOL

I walked from Eaton Center to the Price Arthur Medical Clinic. It was such a beautiful day. Went to your Winners, nice stuff but I just didn't feel like trying anything on :)

I had my first fill, all is well.

Too bad we didn't connect. Did ya see many women with giant feet and big livers?:)

green... I think I talked to you somewhere before. I remember someone who worked for Bombardier... are you on obesityhelp or the canadianlapbanders yahoo group?

Nope, it ain't me. This is the only website that I loiter on. I wonder if I know her? Nah, probably not. Bombardier is a big, big company.

I knew someone who was a test pilot for Bombardier. He worked in Montreal. He used to fly planes in storm clouds and try to get hit by lightning to see what would happen. He would also do things like cut the engine power at 30,000 feet to see what the plane would do. Talk about crazy stuff!!!! He now is a private pilot for John Stohl (owns Tommy Hillfigger) and flies all over the world.

He once took my hb and I for a tour of Bombardier in Montreal and let us try a flight simulator. It was so kewl......

Working in an aircraft company was definitely kewl although it had its drawbacks. Someday when I am in the mood I will write about it in some detail.

But as for now, here is today's grumble: I put on my old pair of favourite jeans. They are a size 18 petite. Petite means that their legs end where mine do, at the ankles. Although I was able to get them on without lying down and wrestling them on there are considerable amounts of fat above the waistband and below, scallops of fat. Crumpled, cellulite-y fat at that. Green still looks like a sausage. She has a long, long way to go.... And she is not feeling much in the way of a restriction. *sob*

Repeat after me......'green is not a sausage, green is not a sausage'.

What do we love about our bands??.......we can adjust them!!!

Hang in there, next fill, I'm sure will do it.

What's my favourite saying?...........Have Patience! (god, I hate that saying)

Green I have been enjoying your thread. I have a comment about your colonoscopy. Well not really about YOUR colonoscopy, about my DH's experience.

My DH went for one a coupla years ago. I was waiting, and waiting, and waiting. Finally I just knew there was something wrong and sure enough, they had that stern look on their faces when they appeared from the procedure and told me I could go see him. I had been waiting for him to come walking out, all chipper after getting reamed (and drugged). LOL

Seems his colon is waaayyy extra long and twisty too. They got to the end of the scope and realized they weren't there yet. So they de-scoped him and re-scoped him with an inflexible relic from past ages, because it was much longer than the scope they use today. (I couldn't help but wonder if the thing had been recently sanitized, but that's another story). Anyhoo, turned out that not only did they find several small polyups that they removed, but they discovered a large evil looking mass which was embedded in the colon wall.

He wound up with a colon re-section and now sports a sexy mid-line scar of about 14 inches. His mass and other polyups were not cancerous and he got a clean bill of health after his subsequent follow-up colonoscopy. And btw, he did not have to have the relic scope because his resectioned colon is shorter after removal of the offending tissue and colon. The footnote is that although the mass was not malignant, they determined that it was pre-cancerous and over time would have turned bad if it hadn't been removed. Thank goodness for relics from the past.

FYI, I once had a lower GI series of xrays which included lots and lots of barium. It was the most disgusting, uncomfortable and embarrassing event you can ever imagine. Never let them talk you into that procedure! Go for the colonoscopy - at least with that you get some drugs to make you forget.

Repeat after me......'green is not a sausage, green is not a sausage'.

What do we love about our bands??.......we can adjust them!!!

Hang in there, next fill, I'm sure will do it.

What's my favourite saying?...........Have Patience! (god, I hate that saying)

Now this is why I so enjoy reading these post. I actually sit here and laugh out loud. My husband thinks I'm nuts sitting here and laughing all by myself!!!

Green,

How was your fill? I'm feeling very restricted but that's been good this week. I too was in Toronto for a fill last week. The weather was sucking big ones so I stayed at the clinic and didn't wander very far. Even saw some snow before I hit home.

Have a great week!

I just read on another post that the 3rd fill is the charm. So far, I have very little restriction.

Angel Bear: how many times have you had a fill? Reading that you feel restricted makes me envious.

Wheezy, I knooooooooow your not laughing at me!!!

So you must have got the same visual I did when I read greens post.

Can't you just picture this, a bratwurst sausage wearing a pair of jeans! I have never met green, but I'd lay money, thats not what she looks like!!!:thankyou:

Lets hope not, otherwise I'd want to find a really big bun, wrap it around her and take a bite!