Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Finally - protein I can tolerate!

Great conversation. Just a reminder, check the ingredients. Make sure the do not contain the words collagen or Gelatin. Many of the "fruit juice" Protein drinks get their Protein from these sources which are unusable by the human body.

I know the Isopure , and the nectar lines are whey protein isolates, which are very good, but I've seen many on bariatric sites that are of no benefit to us.

Wel just had muscle milk light choco

HATE IT

Muscle Milk has made me feel the sickest of anything post-surgery. Except maybe the tandoori chicken.

Glad you found one! That's the ticket there - I think too many people make this journey harder than it needs to be because they give up after one or two shakes they dislike.

I cannot mix my shakes with milk. Okay, I'm lactose intolerant, but with milk they're sickly sweet. I much prefer to mix my preferred powder (Syntrax nectar in vanilla, chocolate or cappuccino) with black coffee or some freshly brewed tea. It cuts the sweet and is far more palatable to me. I also don't like thick shakes - I want them thin - so this works well for me. I think RTD shakes are harder on the system and taste foul. I haven't found a single one I could drink every day. I need variety! If I want to change things up, I just use a flavored coffee with my Protein powder and it's like a different drink. It keeps me happy and even more than two years out I try to start each day with one to keep my Protein levels high.

The idea is to find what works.

As for unflavored, I far prefer Syntrax Medical Unflavored to any other unflavored out there. I've tried several different brands and this is the only one that I can't smell or taste in my food. I can add it to Soup, I boost my shakes with an extra scoop of it, and I have even sneaked it into baked goods and had my kids devour them with no question.

~Cheri

That's a tricky one. If you're on liquids, it's normal to feel rather empty. For me, this wasn't an issue as I had zero hunger and didn't want to eat anything. Towards the end of my rather long liquid diet post op, I still wasn't hungry but had the desire to chew food. I was tired of shakes, shakes, shakes and wanted to transition if only for variety. I think this is pretty normal.

Once you're on a mixed diet of foods, hitting a higher Protein goal does help with feeling more satisfied throughout the day. I hesitate to use the word "full" because to me "full" now has a negative connotation - I associate fullness with discomfort and overeating.

The best way I have found to feel fully satisfied eating a "sleeve approved" diet once I was on solids was to eat a variety of foods, incorporating daily shakes but also a high amount of Protein balanced with a reasonable amount of good quality carbs and fats.

That said, we're all different. A shake could make you feel "full" or overly stuffed for a few reasons. One, you're freshly sleeved and still swollen so even sips of Water can fill you up. Two, it's a thick, icy shake that consists of several different ingredients, or it's mixed with milk which is thicker and more filling. Three, if it's a feeling of discomfort that is being called fullness, lactose intolerance could be an issue. Until I realized I had developed intolerance, I dealt with an uncomfortable fullness, along with a host of other digestive issues.

Good luck,

~Cheri

I've tried both powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury and Isopure & found both to be tolerable but not great... I reverted back to drinking RTD Protein my old NUT (before surgery) had me drink...Myoplex LITE... I'm only 12 days post-op and have my first post-op this week, so, definitely planning on bringing this up at my appt. below is the nutrition info, these taste good to me :) I drink the chocolate fudge one, but they have strawberry & vanilla... Also a Cookies and cream one(I think that one is yucky)

post-43497-13813661835369_thumb.jpg

That's a tricky one. If you're on liquids' date=' it's normal to feel rather empty. For me, this wasn't an issue as I had zero hunger and didn't want to eat anything. Towards the end of my rather long liquid diet post op, I still wasn't hungry but had the desire to chew food. I was tired of shakes, shakes, shakes and wanted to transition if only for variety. I think this is pretty normal.

Once you're on a mixed diet of foods, hitting a higher Protein goal does help with feeling more satisfied throughout the day. I hesitate to use the word "full" because to me "full" now has a negative connotation - I associate fullness with discomfort and overeating.

The best way I have found to feel fully satisfied eating a "sleeve approved" diet once I was on solids was to eat a variety of foods, incorporating daily shakes but also a high amount of Protein balanced with a reasonable amount of good quality carbs and fats.

That said, we're all different. A shake could make you feel "full" or overly stuffed for a few reasons. One, you're freshly sleeved and still swollen so even sips of Water can fill you up. Two, it's a thick, icy shake that consists of several different ingredients, or it's mixed with milk which is thicker and more filling. Three, if it's a feeling of discomfort that is being called fullness, lactose intolerance could be an issue. Until I realized I had developed intolerance, I dealt with an uncomfortable fullness, along with a host of other digestive issues.

Good luck,

~Cheri[/quote']

Thank you

Has any one used or has any opinion about "Optimum/On Gold Standard Whey" or "Optimum / On Platinum Hydro whey " Any opinion welcome !

Has any one used or has any opinion about "Optimum/On Gold Standard Whey" or "Optimum / On Platinum Hydro Whey " Any opinion welcome !

I haven't used it, but the label looks good. Let me know how it tastes.

I bought the unflavored Isopure whey Protein and mix it into broth. I also mix some in my swiss miss sugar free hot chocolate mix. Be sure and mix the whey protein with cold Water before adding it to anything hot otherwise you get these nasty little protein lumps that are gross.

I also bought some WonderSlim Protein Shakes and puddings off of dietdirect.com. I do not mix them with milk and they taste great. The serving for the puddings is rather small and I think it will be just the right size after I get my sleeve.

I've been drinking pure Protein rtd shakes for months now and I love them. I have the powder also in chocolate and vanilla. But my favorite is the chocolate rtd one. Each one is 12oz with 23g of Protein. The powder is 25g of protein in one scoop. No fat no sugar no carbs in either one. And they taste like a real shake and not just protein. The prices are really good and you can find them at any target.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using VST

I haven't used it, but the label looks good. Let me know how it tastes.

I took Choclate Turbo. It is quite good. A bit sweet for me though !