Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone From Nc?

Doing great just a little sore, With all the test etc it took about 6 months actually insurance approval was only about 2 weeks.

I am in Union County

I am in Waxhaw. Sleeve Date is December 17th

I'm in mooresville getting sleeved by dr. Heiden at lake norman regional medical center...paperwork should be submitted September 4 to BCBS IL..so hopefully approval soon after and end of September surgery date...fingers crossed!!! Good luck to everyone on their journey

I'm from Johnston County, I've met with my surgeon and currently doing my testing and such.

I'm from Roanoke Rapids near Rocky Mount. I don't have a date yet but I'm having it done through Duke weightloss center in Durham in Jan.

I live in Lillington. I was sleeved sept 17th at Womack army hospital. dr perkins is the best. the program at Womack is proving to be beyond my expectations.

I'm from Roanoke Rapids near Rocky Mount. I don't have a date yet but I'm having it done through Duke weightloss center in Durham in Jan.

I'm doing mine through Duke as well! I'm hoping to have mine end of Oct or Nov.

I was hoping to have mine then, but I had to start my four month insurance filing over since I missed an appointment with my primary care physician. I'm shooting for January or February now. I'm terrified, but I know it will be worthwhile.

Am from Lillington. My surgery was on sept 24th. Done by doctor Bruce

Did you have BCBS?

Yes I have BCBSIL....it was submitted Thursday afternoon and I called Monday around 1 and they said they approved it that morning!!! Very quick!!! BMI 40 no co-morbs

Did they require 6 month documentation?

Not my particular policy. I have it through my dads employer and it is PPO. Their general policy states they no longer require a supervised diet, just a psych eval and nutrition consult. As a matter of fact I was told by the insurance provider from my drs office I needed a five year weight history and 12 months office notes and I wasn't sure for what but I just gave her all my medical records for the past three years as that was all I had and a letter of medical necessity which miraculously my Dr. wrote for me and vwalla not one issue. Approved in less than 48 business hrs. However, reading over these forums APPARENTLY some policies with BCBSIL are still slipping in the 6 month diet. So I guess it depends on your policy.

Charlotte here, having surgery on Oct 15 at Duke Regional in Durham (Dr Sudan).

Have Cigna and approved in 6 business days.