Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hate The New Update! Can I Go Backwards If I Reload App?

I have the iPad 3 as well and have no issues either

How weird!

It's so bad now I have to reload a few times daily Alex. So bad I gave up today :( I finally did reload again, but it's getting a bit ridiculous. I hope you find the fix soon!

Does the app crash ? Do you receive an error message ? I'd love to know if anyone else is having similar issues.

I feel your pain!!!!

iggychick, you have no idea how I sympathize with your frustrations!!!

I truly wish there was one universal way to share content across all (mobile & desktop) platforms and devices :(

At the moment we develop, create and share content across four categories:

1. Desktops

2. Mobile devices

3. iOS Apps

4. Android Apps

It's ridiculous that there isn't one simple and accepted way to share and disseminate information across platforms and devices (quite possibly as ridiculous that there isn't one single weight loss surgery which is or has been proven most effective :D!!!!) Only time will tell!

We're currently working on a major re-design and restructuring of our weight loss surgery communities which will (hopefully) address many of these issues. I'll be sharing more information on this subject in the near future.

I have iPad 4 and the only way I am able to use the app on it is to start and stay in portrait mode.

I must have a four as well because it's new (I'm such a techno dork). Unfortunately my keypad does not like portrait mode :( But I'm giving it a shot now. That said I have half a screen right now (in portrait) and the button to post is missing on the upper right so I'll have to turn the pad to find it, then turn it to hit it again, then hope that during those turns it does not crash......see my problem? It seems to work for an hour or two if I totally wipe and reload, but then it's back to being a mess. I share your frustrations Alex...but i probably will cut back use til it's fixed :( It's really frustrating to type out a reply and have it crash constantly when I rotate from the screen positions.

Alex,

The app works fine on my iPhone 5 but has gotten less responsive on my iPad 2. Many of the command "buttons" are no longer working (aren't responding to touch). Sometimes they work when I switch from landscape to portrait mode.

Another work around on the iPad is just to go to the website itself (as I am doing now) rather than the app. That way, you don't have to worry about rotating the iPad or buttons that don't work.

I must have a four as well because it's new (I'm such a techno dork). Unfortunately my keypad does not like portrait mode :( But I'm giving it a shot now. That said I have half a screen right now (in portrait) and the button to post is missing on the upper right so I'll have to turn the pad to find it, then turn it to hit it again, then hope that during those turns it does not crash......see my problem? It seems to work for an hour or two if I totally wipe and reload, but then it's back to being a mess. I share your frustrations Alex...but i probably will cut back use til it's fixed :( It's really frustrating to type out a reply and have it crash constantly when I rotate from the screen positions.

As far as I know, the specific issues are caused when launching in landscape mode.

If you do not force/completely quit out of the app, prior to re-launch the issues won't go away.

However if the app is launched in portrait mode, it should function okay.

If this is not the case, please help me come up with a list of steps to reproduce the above issues.

I'm having the exact same issues after doing the update this morning. I did the work around and it now works. Took me a minute to figure out you have to restart the app in portrait mode the first time. But that resolved it. I have iPad 2.

To use the program in portrait requires me to disconnect the ipad from the keyboard, remove it from the sleeve and then turn off blue tooth etc. this isn't the most convenient system :(.

To use the program in portrait requires me to disconnect the ipad from the keyboard' date=' remove it from the sleeve and then turn off blue tooth etc. this isn't the most convenient system :(.[/quote']

Iggy, did you try killing the app then restarting in portrait mode? Once I did that everything worked again? Alex posted that a while back. On my iPad, I hit the home button twice quickly, that brought up a panel at the bottom with all the icons of apps that were running in the background. If yours is like mine, it was pretty much all of them. Find the VST app and hold it down till it wiggles, then hit the little minus symbol to close it. It will not delete. Then turn the iPad to portrait and restart the VST app. I did this and since then it's worked fine.

i'll try again bb

I thought I'd done that before, as well as deleting and starting over, etc. The thing is, I can't run it in portrait mode all of the time so I started today (now) after doing what you said but I"m back in landscape...will it fall apart again????

D

Mine went wonkers again today. But I just followed that same procedure again and it fixed it. I wonder if I'm going to have to do this everyday.

That's what was happening to me :( Hence my not posting much. I sure hope this gets fixed soon.

Mine went wonkers again today. But I just followed that same procedure again and it fixed it. I wonder if I'm going to have to do this everyday.

It has been my experience that I do have to relaunch in portrait mode every time I want to use the app, so I actually just visit the website itself through the browser on my iPad rather than dealing with the app for now.