Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Am I Imagining Thigs?

Oh man I would pay the 55$ to NOT have to share a room, no way I would want to share with a stranger. I had my husband with me but if I were alone I would have refused to be with someone else.

I'm down 22 pounds since my Nov 8th surgery with PDL. I'm happy with my results, will see how this month goes!

Amytug, I've noticed the same trend with the surgeons. I trird posting a sx date, starting wt,surgeon question before trying to gauge wt loss/time. It seems Almanza,Garcia pts lose faster. Im going to Kelly but I think his pts lose slower. He uses a 36. The others use a 32. Don't know if this is the reason, or if its truly pt related. The size of bougie difference is minimal but I wonder if it still plays a role.

Maybe so!

I'm just so torn!!

Maybe so!

I'm just so torn!!

I can totally relate, I was exactly the same way. I wanted some kind of sign to hit me in the head with the perfect doc.

You really have to go with your gut.

I feel like Dr. Garcia (who I completely believe is an excellent surgeon) gets more attn than PDL because he is more affordable. Shoot if I could afford more I would go to Dr. A. I was on the fence about Garcia and PDL too and I just went with my gut. I dont think you will go wrong with either of them. To be honest even after your decision is made you are still going to be nervous.

I wouldn't want to lose it too fast because that contributes to lose skin. The slower the better for me! :)

I totally agree!

I can totally relate' date=' I was exactly the same way. I wanted some kind of sign to hit me in the head with the perfect doc.

You really have to go with your gut.

I feel like Dr. Garcia (who I completely believe is an excellent surgeon) gets more attn than PDL because he is more affordable. Shoot if I could afford more I would go to Dr. A. I was on the fence about Garcia and PDL too and I just went with my gut. I dont think you will go wrong with either of them. To be honest even after your decision is made you are still going to be nervous.[/quote']

Thanks! I bet! I'll wonder if I made the right choice until its said and done.

About skin. I've heard that and I believe it depends on the person. 2 years ago I lost 60 lbs in 4 months and my skin was fine. *shrug*

I lost 100 pounds pre pregnancy and my skin was fine, arms were fine, thighs were fine. Then two pregnancies, and my belly is full of stretch marks, my arms just have a ton of droopy skin, and my thighs are horrific. No matter how quickly or how slowly I lose, this skin is not snapping back. Plastic surgery will be the only way to get rid of it.

I lost 100 pounds pre pregnancy and my skin was fine' date=' arms were fine, thighs were fine. Then two pregnancies, and my belly is full of stretch marks, my arms just have a ton of droopy skin, and my thighs are horrific. No matter how quickly or how slowly I lose, this skin is not snapping back. Plastic surgery will be the only way to get rid of it.[/quote']

Well that too! And I don't have that nice elastic skin in my genes either. I have 6 kids. Tummy Tuck, here I come.

Dang, I'm amazed at the 100 lb weightloss. That's awesome! 60 is the most I was ever able to get off without giving up. Sigh

Yeah, I went from 267 to 167, and I think once my brain went WOOHOO 100 pounds! That's when I kind of loosened the reigns. I was going on a cruise so that was my incentive to lose the weight, I had a year to prepare so I did Atkins. Worked well for me. BUT after the cruise I got pregnant, and then I gained all the weight back. Once I realized how QUICKLY those 100 pounds came back, I could never again stick to Atkins for more than a month, every time I figured "Why bother, I'll just lose the weight and gain it back again so I might as well eat french fries". Bleh.

Similar to the story of my life. Again and again and so on.

Hazelsmrf, plus once you have done Atkins, the next time you start it takes longer to lose the weight.

Diamondeyed, I've never really believed in that "one golden chance" rule that people talk about, I lost as much on my subsequent attempts as I did the first time, I always averaged about 2.5 pounds a week on Atkins. I just couldn't stick with it... I do believe in low carb though! But I still love carbs. Argh.

....maybe its just me....first attempt on Atkins 67pounds.....next hundred attempts 10-20...plus triple back...