Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Protein, 60+ Grams In Ine Serving?

So I was having a bit of a difficult time putting these babies down, everything else goes down much easier & I decided to make my morning Protein Shake with

2 scoops of Protein Powder 52 grams Protein

8 oz lo-fat milk 10 grams

maybe a bit of Greek yogurt= over 62 grams for 1shake which I sip all morning ......is this ok or should I be taking it through out the day? I'm gonna see my dr on Monday to take out my staples and ask him & the nut too by just wanted to hear form you guys.... I'm one week out today

my cousin who is a scientist told me that is soliuable (sp) so if you take too much at a time, you basically will pee it out? she recommended for me to take half of my proteiin intake in the morning and at night. I did scoopful of the high Protein Powder with my greek yogurt and then at night with milk just to spread it out. plus your food Protein intake during the day.

Yeah I imagine it's like Calcium. If you intake more than 600mg of calcium at a time you pee out the rest so I'm with JaspersGirl on this....I'd split those scoops up. Good Luck getting it down. :)

The human body is only capable of absorbing 19-27g of Protein in one sitting.

If you are sipping on it all morning you might be able ro count it as 2 sittings. But you likely aren't benefiting any more than 45g

Ok so what if I drink 1/2 in the morning, about 7:30 sipping then drink the other half around 11 and drink water/diluted juice between?? Hopefully it'll work...fingers crosses If not ill just have to force myself to drink a 2nd, 3rd shake I want to do this as healthily as possible .... Can't wait to start puréed /mushies next week

Similar to what OTR said, my surgeon told me the body can only absorb approximately 20 grams of Protein at a time.

Too bad out bodies don't do the same with fat' date=' sugars and carbs[/quote']

Love it! So true!

Miss Michi~

After reading all the comments, I can use your advice on the Protein powder and just split it into 2 separate drinks. Thanks for the tip of making the drink. I have been trying to create a tasty drink but I never thought about the greek yogurt!

One moe thin' about protein-I've noticed, for me, 10 grams of Protein satiates my hunger for an hour (1 egg=1 hour). My morning Premier shake (30 grams) lasts me from 6 - 9 am. Then I'll have a Greek Yogurt which takes me through to lunch. I have Crystal Lite with unflavored protein (1/2 scoop/10 grams) added to 32 oz water bottle and sip this when I can between meals (watching the 1/2 hr. before and 1-hr. after rules). I can't seem to get more than the one bottle down a day-Pre-op, I easily drank 2. My problem is what to eat for lunch and dinner when I'm not really that hungry and a lot of things don't agree with me.